Your move 343i

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It all comes down to this game. Halo 4 is a mistake. It all comes down to whether 343 is going to actually listen to the community and make Halo 5 worth buying or not. If this game fails then the halo franchise is done for. Is Halo 5 going to be what halo used to be and bring back the hundreds of thousands of players that Halo 4 drove away? Or is it going to continue down the path of a sick CoD-Halo illegitimate child. I have a small shimmer of hope left in 343i only because I’ve been with halo since CE and I don’t want it to die as it has been slowly doing since the release of Halo 4. It’s your move 343i.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Not another one of these threads.

First off I don’t think Halo just copied CoD, it wasn’t the first if its kind.

Second 343i will listen to their community to a certain extent, Halo in my opinion will not be losing its loadout style based game.

Thirdly there are plenty of other of threads like this so if you can make it constructive and talk about what 343 can do better than we can actually have a discussion.

> Is Halo 5 going to be what halo used to be and bring back the hundreds of thousands of players that Halo 4 drove away?

Sorry my friend, but it was Bungie’s HALO REACH that first drove players away.

Halo 5 needs to evolve from Halo 3 and have an improved version of the REACH UI and Match Finding Options.

Halo 5 will probably need two playlist to keep everyone happy.

You need to have 2 Main Playlist, which are then split into Ranked and Social Playlist.

Ie:
Classic

• Ranked
  • Social*
    Infinity
  • Ranked
  • Social*
    This would allow everyone to enjoy the Halo they want to play.

Classic would be an evolved version of Halo 3.

Infinity would be an evolved version of Halo 4.
Maybe an option for no Ordnance as well for the REACH lovers.

Each of course would have any new vehicles and weapons that have been created for the new Halo game.

The Sandbox would be the same for both. Only real changes are:
Classic:

• No Loadouts
    No AA (Equipment Only)
    No Ordnance
    No Perks
    Sprint (TBA)
    Weapons Spawn on Map
    Infinity:
  • Loadouts
    AA
    Ordnance
    Perks
    Sprint

I think these features with about 20 maps at launch will be sufficient.
Map Types Required for Launch:
6 Small
6 Medium
6 Large
2 Very Large (Forge World Size)

And a player increase to 24 for Massive BTB.
And Fire Fight Maps to work with Match Making maps. Not to be new addition.

This may seem to be many maps, and a lot of work for 343i, but if half of these maps were remakes of the best Halo maps. Then the hard work is already done. This would give Halo 5 10 new maps and 10 remakes.

wow he mentioned cod how original

> Second 343i will listen to their community to a certain extent, Halo in my opinion will not be losing its loadout style based game.

I agree, 343i are listening, and Halo 4 has improved since launch.

I think 343 are in a tricky spot becasue of the Loadouts in Halo.
There are many people who love the loadout system, and there re those who hate it.

This is why i think it is best that the next Halo caters to both. So everyone is happy. This is so easy to do, and could be done now for REACH and Halo 4.

And depending on the population of each playlist, is one is far superior, then maybe the next Halo can aim more towards that one, or if they are both even, just have both options for future Halo games.

I am someone who wants future Halo games to evolve from Halo 3. But that said, I have still played over 4,000 games of Halo REACH, and nearly 1,000 of Halo 4. So I may not be a hugh fan of the Loadout system, but I don’t hate them.

I just want the option to play classic halo, and sorry Legendary Slayer, just does not cut it. It is great, but need more than the 1 playlist to satisfy me.

> > Is Halo 5 going to be what halo used to be and bring back the hundreds of thousands of players that Halo 4 drove away?
>
> Sorry my friend, but it was Bungie’s HALO REACH that first drove players away.
>
> Halo 5 needs to evolve from Halo 3 and have an improved version of the REACH UI and Match Finding Options.
>
> Halo 5 will probably need two playlist to keep everyone happy.
>
> You need to have 2 Main Playlist, which are then split into Ranked and Social Playlist.
>
> Ie:
> Classic
> - Ranked
> - Social*
> Infinity
> - Ranked
> - Social*
> This would allow everyone to enjoy the Halo they want to play.
>
> Classic would be an evolved version of Halo 3.
>
> Infinity would be an evolved version of Halo 4.
> Maybe an option for no Ordnance as well for the REACH lovers.
>
> Each of course would have any new vehicles and weapons that have been created for the new Halo game.
>
> The Sandbox would be the same for both. Only real changes are:
> Classic:
> - No Loadouts
> No AA (Equipment Only)
> No Ordnance
> No Perks
> Sprint (TBA)
> Weapons Spawn on Map
> Infinity:
> - Loadouts
> AA
> Ordnance
> Perks
> Sprint
>
> I think these features with about 20 maps at launch will be sufficient.
> Map Types Required for Launch:
> 6 Small
> 6 Medium
> 6 Large
> 2 Very Large (Forge World Size)
>
> And a player increase to 24 for Massive BTB.
> And Fire Fight Maps to work with Match Making maps. Not to be new addition.
>
> This may seem to be many maps, and a lot of work for 343i, but if half of these maps were remakes of the best Halo maps. Then the hard work is already done. This would give Halo 5 10 new maps and 10 remakes.

This has already been suggested loads on other threads so why do we need a thread for it?

Halo becoming cod?

You know there more then two fps games in the world right?

All halo is becoming is another first person shooter like the rest.

> wow he mentioned cod how original

Yeah the term COD has probably been used more than classic by now on these forums.

> Halo becoming cod?
>
> You know there more then two fps games in the world right?
>
> All halo is becoming is another first person shooter like the rest.

Most the stuff is from battlefield anyway if you want another game example but neither invented stuff like loadouts etc.
It needs to keep up with modern shooters.

> Halo becoming cod?
>
> You know there more then two fps games in the world right?
>
> All halo is becoming is another first person shooter like the rest.

It doesn’t matter if Halo is becoming CoD or not. The fact that it’s becoming “another first person shooter like the rest” is what the problem is. Halo is NOT supposed to be like the rest. It’s supposed to be it’s very own, unique shooter that stands out among other FPS games. Halo 4 does not.

343i CAN keep Halo new and fresh without completely changing Halo’s core gameplay. Unfortunately, they didn’t do it right and screwed up Halo 4 (even they admit to this). They should have looked at what people really liked and didn’t like about past Halo games and gone from there, but instead it seems like they took the things people didn’t like and made them WORSE (Armor Abilities, Loadouts, Sprint, etc.), and then completely ignored all the things that made Halo great.

> > Halo becoming cod?
> >
> > You know there more then two fps games in the world right?
> >
> > All halo is becoming is another first person shooter like the rest.
>
> It doesn’t matter if Halo is becoming CoD or not. The fact that it’s becoming “another first person shooter like the rest” is what the problem is. Halo is NOT supposed to be like the rest. It’s supposed to be it’s very own, unique shooter that stands out among other FPS games. Halo 4 does not.
>
> 343i CAN keep Halo new and fresh without completely changing Halo’s core gameplay. Unfortunately, they didn’t do it right and screwed up Halo 4 (even they admit to this). They should have looked at what people really liked and didn’t like about past Halo games and gone from there, but instead it seems like they took the things people didn’t like and made them WORSE (Armor Abilities, Loadouts, Sprint, etc.), and then completely ignored all the things that made Halo great.

Halo 4 still plays like halo.

> Halo 4 still plays like halo.

I fundamentally disagree with you if you are asserting that Infinity feels like Halo if that means the original trilogy. I’m not trying to debate if it is a “good” direction or not, but I do feel it is fundamentally divergent from the traditional halo feel.

> > Halo 4 still plays like halo.
>
> I fundamentally disagree with you if you are asserting that Infinity feels like Halo if that means the original trilogy. I’m not trying to debate if it is a “good” direction or not, but I do feel it is fundamentally divergent from the traditional halo feel.

Not the traditional playstyle but it’s mainly halo

> Halo 4 still plays like halo.

No it does not play like Halo.
-Halo 4: Random personal ordnance drops giving anyone who can eventually manage to get 5 or so kills a power weapon. All ordnance drops are highlighted on the HUD for all to see.
-Traditional Halo: Skilled players learn where power weapons spawn, how long the spawn timers are, etc. In other words, you usually had to be at least a little experienced to have access to these weapons.

-Halo 4: Vehicles are completely useless. Anyone can choose to start with Plasma Grenades and/or Plasma Pistol, making vehicle use pointless because you’ll likely be EMPed or stuck within seconds.
-Traditional Halo: Again, you generally had to find these weapons on the map (except for certain game types like Elite Slayer where you start with them). Vehicles were actually useful and not guaranteed deathtraps.

-Halo 4: Customizable Loadouts are completely unbalanced even after the weapons tuning update. People starting with weapons they shouldn’t be like Plasma Pistol/Grenades mentioned above, and even worse the Boltshot, a one-hit-kill weapon.
-Traditional Halo: Everyone started with the same weapons, which meant balanced gameplay.

-Halo 4: Armor Abilities completely break the game by giving players unbalanced and unfair advantages. Using Jetpack to get a height advantage, Active Camo to hide and snipe from across the map, Promethean Vision to see through walls…
-Traditional Halo: The only thing similar to this was Equipment from Halo 3. Equipment was much more balanced because it was one-time-use and you couldn’t just start with whatever equipment you want.

Just a few examples. Halo 4 is random, unbalanced, unfair, and uncompetitive… very much the opposite of what Halo has always been.

> > Halo 4 still plays like halo.
>
> No it does not play like Halo.
> -Halo 4: Random personal ordnance drops giving anyone who can eventually manage to get 5 or so kills a power weapon. All ordnance drops are highlighted on the HUD for all to see.
> -Traditional Halo: Skilled players learn where power weapons spawn, how long the spawn timers are, etc. In other words, you usually had to be at least a little experienced to have access to these weapons.
>
> -Halo 4: Vehicles are completely useless. Anyone can choose to start with Plasma Grenades and/or Plasma Pistol, making vehicle use pointless because you’ll likely be EMPed or stuck within seconds.
> -Traditional Halo: Again, you generally had to find these weapons on the map (except for certain game types like Elite Slayer where you start with them). Vehicles were actually useful and not guaranteed deathtraps.
>
> -Halo 4: Customizable Loadouts are completely unbalanced even after the weapons tuning update. People starting with weapons they shouldn’t be like Plasma Pistol/Grenades mentioned above, and even worse the Boltshot, a one-hit-kill weapon.
> -Traditional Halo: Everyone started with the same weapons, which meant balanced gameplay.
>
> -Halo 4: Armor Abilities completely break the game by giving players unbalanced and unfair advantages. Using Jetpack to get a height advantage, Active Camo to hide and snipe from across the map, Promethean Vision to see through walls…
> -Traditional Halo: The only thing similar to this was Equipment from Halo 3. Equipment was much more balanced because it was one-time-use and you couldn’t just start with whatever equipment you want.
>
> Just a few examples. Halo 4 is random, unbalanced, unfair, and uncompetitive… very much the opposite of what Halo has always been.

Everything there can be balanced instead of removed besides it plays very similar to the other games despite the extras

HALO is far from over. Spielberg is even involved now, SPIELBERG.

5/6 are going to be amazing, 343i has some tricks up their sleeve, I’m sure.

just plz stop comparing halo to call of duty.

> Everything there can be balanced instead of removed besides it plays very similar to the other games despite the extras

You can’t just throw in energy shields and a Battle Rifle and call it Halo. I see no evidence that these things can be balanced… Because the game has been out for months and STILL doesn’t work. Halo is supposed to be an ARENA shooter. Halo 4 is not. It can’t be if they keep trying to add things like custom loadouts and random weapon drops. That’s NOT what Halo is. The fact that Halo 4’s population can barely reach 30,000 daily is just embarrassing.

> > Halo becoming cod?
> >
> > You know there more then two fps games in the world right?
> >
> > All halo is becoming is another first person shooter like the rest.
>
> It doesn’t matter if Halo is becoming CoD or not. The fact that it’s becoming “another first person shooter like the rest” is what the problem is. Halo is NOT supposed to be like the rest. It’s supposed to be it’s very own, unique shooter that stands out among other FPS games. Halo 4 does not.
>
> 343i CAN keep Halo new and fresh without completely changing Halo’s core gameplay. Unfortunately, they didn’t do it right and screwed up Halo 4 (even they admit to this). They should have looked at what people really liked and didn’t like about past Halo games and gone from there, but instead it seems like they took the things people didn’t like and made them WORSE (Armor Abilities, Loadouts, Sprint, etc.), and then completely ignored all the things that made Halo great.

Its pretty simple to see where both REACH and Halo 4 went wrong. They went in a differnt evolution of that of Halo 2/3.

All 343i need to do, is look at Halo 3, and re-evolve multi-player from Halo 3. Look at the Halo 2 maps, why did they works so well.

I just wonder how great Halo 4 would had been, if REACH had evolved from Halo 3, and didn’t contain the massive changes it did.