Your most memorable game

There has been a lot of games in my life: tons really. As I’m sure a few or most of you will feel the same.

As I am old (lol) I remember the excitement of the first Zelda, and the annoyance of the last part of Zelda 2. What I am trying to ask is what game gave you the “wow” factor.

I recently bought Gears 3 and thought it had a great campaign, but to be honest I felt more for Super Mario on the snes, I wanted the little guy to get to the end.

Equally ff7, which I’m sure a lot of you have played: that basically caused me to care deeply about the fate of the chaeracters. Indeed FF12 may have a “better” story yet I can’t remember anything like : Midgar, Golden saucer, Emerald weapon (#### him :)) etc.

The best multiplayer I have had: Mario Kart…

My point is today (myself included) goes for stats, yet we forget about the fun, or substitute it for having a better percentage than the “next” man.

So a question… What game did you have the most fun in?

Mine is probably Mario Kart

Hmmm I had a lot of fun with Halo 2.

Metal Gear Solid Sons of Patriots was my first game I actually beat.

I was too young to realize wtf to do.

Hard to say. Before Halo my favorite game of all time was probably Super Mario 64. I still do think that Mario is awesome. It’s actually one of the few video game franchises that manage to keep the game fun with new additions to gameplay.

Mario 64 blew me away, yet great though it was super mario world (snes) beat it :slight_smile:

Doom 2. Hands down.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros, Ocarina of Time, and Halo 2 are very close.

Resident Evil 2 for me.

James Bond: Nightfire and Starwars Battlefront 1 and 2

Halo: Combat Evolved

> My point is today (myself included) goes for stats, yet we forget about the fun, or substitute it for having a better percentage than the “next” man.

I agree. Publicly-visible stats are the cancer of the gaming community, giving rise to the egomaniacal pains in the neck that are its tumors.

> So a question… What game did you have the most fun in?

Classic? Probably Ocarina of Time or Pokemon Red, both due to glitches.

Over my entire life? Three-way tie: Reach for its configurability and Forge, Red Faction: Guerrilla for its freedom and atmosphere, or Brink for its gameplay and story.

For me it’d have to be a toss up between old starwars battlefront and halo 2 :slight_smile:

Halo 2.

Ratchet and clank 3, Halo, or Jak 2