Your ideas on the problems that led to co-op delay

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.</mark>

I imagine it has a lot to do with one shot cinematics, checkpoints, tethering. Very complicated for an open world co-op game.

Imagine if player 1 is off in a cave exploring and player 2 is across the map doing a story mission with critical checkpoints and a boss fight. What happens? Does the player who was exploring get auto teleported to the boss fight? Does the boss fight even spawn if player one isn’t at that checkpoint yet? Does the cave system have a collectible player 2 can’t get until he comes over but is stuck in a boss zone without a spawning boss?

See where I’m going?

> 2533274797785372;2:
> I imagine it has a lot to do with one shot cinematics, checkpoints, tethering. Very complicated for an open world co-op game.
>
> Imagine if player 1 is off in a cave exploring and player 2 is across the map doing a story mission with critical checkpoints and a boss fight. What happens? Does the player who was exploring get auto teleported to the boss fight? Does the boss fight even spawn if player one isn’t at that checkpoint yet? Does the cave system have a collectible player 2 can’t get until he comes over but is stuck in a boss zone without a spawning boss?
>
> See where I’m going?

And they have to be able to provide a 60fps experience with this AND it needs to run one Xbox One consoles. People minimize how much QA is needed for Co-op testing. I am willing to bet they found an issue they cannot fix in the next month or two yet alone polish it.

> 2533274792737987;3:
> > 2533274797785372;2:
> > I imagine it has a lot to do with one shot cinematics, checkpoints, tethering. Very complicated for an open world co-op game.
> >
> > Imagine if player 1 is off in a cave exploring and player 2 is across the map doing a story mission with critical checkpoints and a boss fight. What happens? Does the player who was exploring get auto teleported to the boss fight? Does the boss fight even spawn if player one isn’t at that checkpoint yet? Does the cave system have a collectible player 2 can’t get until he comes over but is stuck in a boss zone without a spawning boss?
> >
> > See where I’m going?
>
> And they have to be able to provide a 60fps experience with this AND it needs to run one Xbox One consoles. People minimize how much QA is needed for Co-op testing. I am willing to bet they found an issue they cannot fix in the next month or two yet alone polish it.

I would bet on it. Something game breaking.

I hope this thread gains some traction. People need to know why co-op was delayed.

> 2533274792737987;3:
> > 2533274797785372;2:
> > I imagine it has a lot to do with one shot cinematics, checkpoints, tethering. Very complicated for an open world co-op game.
> >
> > Imagine if player 1 is off in a cave exploring and player 2 is across the map doing a story mission with critical checkpoints and a boss fight. What happens? Does the player who was exploring get auto teleported to the boss fight? Does the boss fight even spawn if player one isn’t at that checkpoint yet? Does the cave system have a collectible player 2 can’t get until he comes over but is stuck in a boss zone without a spawning boss?
> >
> > See where I’m going?
>
> And they have to be able to provide a 60fps experience with this AND it needs to run one Xbox One consoles. People minimize how much QA is needed for Co-op testing. I am willing to bet they found an issue they cannot fix in the next month or two yet alone polish it.

I doubt the 60 FPS is really an issue when a lot of co-op people are fine with 30, it’s not like games today still aren’t having troubles running 60 even without co-op involved.

No matter the reason, they should have had this mapped out during the concept phase. These are all questions that should have came up once they settled on the idea of a semi-open world campaign.

Semi open world structure could be proving difficult for co-op implementation. The all-in focus on multiplayer and the base campaign mode probably took time/resources away from developing the co-op mode.

> 2533274794648158;7:
> No matter the reason, they should have had this mapped out during the concept phase. These are all questions that should have came up once they settled on the idea of a semi-open world campaign.

Lol, the entitlement is real. If you knew how to program you’d understand the difficulties they are facing.

> 2533274906078525;9:
> > 2533274794648158;7:
> > No matter the reason, they should have had this mapped out during the concept phase. These are all questions that should have came up once they settled on the idea of a semi-open world campaign.
>
> Lol, the entitlement is real. If you knew how to program you’d understand the difficulties they are facing.

I do have experience in writing code. A lot, actually. What other excuses you got?

The delay was probably caused by a net code error allowing a 999 player Co-op.