Your idea to balance the Warthog vs Plasma

POLL:

Option 10:

Option 11: 2 vote

Option 12:

Hello,

Recently I created a post with a proposition to balance the vulnerability of the warthog against the plasma gun being on the load outs. However, the majority disagree with the idea and people post some great ideas to fix this issue.

So I’ve decide to create a post where you can give your ideas to balance the current situation of the Warthog and I’ll make sure to keep the post updated.

Please, keep this post alive so this ideas can be hear, remember that, having less post but big ones is the solution. And feel free to share any way you think of for making this post better.

Be sure to check out I’m still sad over the Warthog, the main post regarding this issue.

Here it goes a list with the already presented ideas on the post I created:

1.0. Giving the Warthog and armor buff(This one can be complemented with any of the other ideas).

1. Removing the plasma pistole from the load outs and make it available on ordinance drop.

2. ONLY UNSC weaponry for BTB

3. Disable load outs on BTB

4. Making the Plasma pistol only to EMP some times.

5. Disable the customization of your secondary weapon in BTI.

6. (Yet to see if it is possible) Limit the areas where a shot can cause an EMP.

7. This one I did not understand but here we go:

> What I think we need is a “Diminishing Returns”, by this I mean getting a starting-shot by a P.P. that lasts it’s set time followed up by P.P. spam resetting said “Cool Down/ Debuff Duration”.
>
> Diminishing Returns would; Make it so the following shots after the first P.P. shot would last a fraction of the time and constant spam would reduce it further.
>
> I think this would fix the issue and leaving the Warthog without a hit after the P.P. Debuff has worn off and when it’s not hit for about 5-10 seconds the “Diminishing Returns” would reset.
>
> This could fix a number of issues for Vehicle perma-lock. Only problem is it would most likely be a bit hard to input the coding.
>
>
> (Apologies to those whom might not understand my MMO-Terms. Hopefully I explained it well enough.)

1. Warthog invulnerable to EMP shots.

2. Damage increase on the Warthog railgun

3. Load out plasma grenades down to 1.

4. (Implemented as a pack)
    -Improve the gunner’s resistance to precision weapon fire.
    -Reduce the initial period of time that the Warthog is incapacitated for by the plasma pistol, as well as incorporating the diminishing returns idea mentioned previously.
    -Reduce the damage dealt by plasma grenades to the Warthog significantly.

5. Remove the plasma pistol from the load outs and ordinance drops. Only map spawn.

6. (Yet to see if it is possible) Make the Plasma Pistol to have two levels of charge, being the second one the only one who can EMP vehicles and leaving the weapon empty.

7. (Yet to see if it is possible) Damage differences on the Warthog(example: More damage on the oil tank than on the hood)

Modifications to the existing ideas:

Modification 1

Modification 1

Modification 3

Thank you for your time,

Zubi Fett

EDIT:

Please, feel free to discuss the propositions above. That way we’ll keep the post alive and we’ll now which ideas are the most popular.

First off, thanks for using my quote, Zubi.
To slim down what it means is to basically:
Cut down the plasma pistols EMP time if it is hit constantly.

Example: Say EMP is 10 seconds, next shot that hits lowers it down by 2, followed by another shot lowers it by 2 if the first EMP is still on the HOG. (Eventually becoming Immune to EMP for up to 5-10 seconds max.)

Hope that clears up my quote a bit. :slight_smile:

Remove custom loadouts from BTB.

> First off, thanks for using my quote, Zubi.
> To slim down what it means is to basically:
> Cut down the plasma pistols EMP time if it is hit constantly.
>
> Example: Say EMP is 10 seconds, next shot that hits lowers it down by 2, followed by another shot lowers it by 2 if the first EMP is still on the HOG. (Eventually becoming Immune to EMP for up to 5-10 seconds max.)
>
> Hope that clears up my quote a bit. :slight_smile:

Thank you for coming by,

It does clear it up and its great that your post is the first one, that way, any one who did not understand it, like my self, will find its explanation right away!

Damage increase on the Hog gun.

The hog would still be vulnerable, and the ground troops would still feel empowered, but a skilled driver/gunner team could now maybe bag between 5-10 kills (ROAD HOG!! sob.)before they are plasma-ed back to Hell.

A noobish hog team might get 3 - 5 kills and make it worthwhile actually getting in it and/or practicing more to get some skills.

New Warthog is the most under used vehicle after the mongoose, those that do are basically a rolling double kill.

Make the Warthog completely immune to EMP hits - here’s the fluff to support it:

The new warthog has what looks like a handrail running around the front and back - although its not used as a hand rail - it should act as some sort of EMP conductor to absorb & channel the energy from an overcharged EMP hit away from vital components.

Also reduce sticky’nades in loadouts to 1 - you want more go find them on the map.

Keep it up guys!

I specially love your idea Quiche, its an easy solution that it could actually work.

As for your idea Lunar, awesome fluff, but I think it will overpower the Warthog. But indeed, having only one plasma grenade on the load outs will be better.

I don’t know that this is my favorite solution but: you can also allow for custom loadouts but override certain options. In the case of BTB you could force everyone to have a magnum secondary and frag grenades, while everything else is still their customized loadout.

I say:

1. Loadout Plasma Grenades down to 1.
  2. Buff Warthog health by 15%

I don’t know if the first one is possible, but of the two, I’d much rather have the first one.

Post updated.

To ha10 m4an and Sloppy Bottom; those ideas are already on the list but you’re more than welcome to post about it. Not to worry, when the post gets more members I’ll add a poll in order to know which ideas are the most popular.

To every one:

Which ideas of the list do you like the most so far?

Thank you for coming by.

Or
simply
remove them from loadouts
and put them on map spawn instead

Either remove plasma grenades from the loadouts completely or reducing the number of plasma grenades to 1. Want more? Go find them on the map! Like Halo is supposed to be.

RB makes it stop instantly. Literally.

The EMP can’t… Well EMP while your still.
I believe it to pretty good.

Well here are my balances to the two main ideas

Remove Plasma Pistols from the Loadouts:

Fine then the Plasma Pistol needs to be better than it is currently. Make it stop the Warthog/vehicles from firing when they are EMP’d. This is the only way the rarity of the weapon is justfied.

Make BTB UNSC only:

Then Rockets/Spartan Laser need to be Initial Drops on both sides at the beginning of the round. Otherwise Vehicles will rule the beginning of the game, maybe the whole game.

I’d just be happy if the Stickies didn’t just teleport to my warthog upon their leaving the enemies hands. It seems like the plasma grenades have ridiculous magnetism when it comes to enemy vehicles.

Boo.

If it comes down to completely removing loadouts from that playlist, so be it. But some of these are pretty interesting and I hope 343i will consider experimenting with some of these.

Make the Plasma Pistol have two levels of charge. The first one that we have now, only effective against shields, and the second one that drains the pistol entirely, but can stop vehicles.

> Make the Plasma Pistol have two levels of charge. The first one that we have now, only effective against shields, and the second one that drains the pistol entirely, but can stop vehicles.

Its indeed a good idea. However, I don’t know if such modification is possible.

one plasma greande starts and wheelman perks makes you IMMUNE to overcharge PP.