Your idea for the perfect trailer.

Excuse me if this is written weird, I wrote this on my iPhone.

Seeing the new halo trailer at E3 had me excited and worried all at the same time. It had me asking my self were could chief go next? Who would be the new enemies? What’s new and still there?

Halo trailers in the past always had those chilling moments. From chief walking out of the smoke in Africa to him running into a handful of brutes. And from ODSTS dropping from space into a familiar city. They always gave me goosebumps and a hunger for more information.

If you were to develop a trailer for the new upcoming halo, would you add any hints? Show off any new or old weapons? New factions? New landscapes or planets?

Describe your perfect cinematic trailer in the comments!!

It begins with the letters (for example) “May 15, 2558” then “Location Unknown”… And it’s in a huge rocky desert, with the sun setting (almost night) and the planet from the e3 trailer in the background. Then you hear a noise of an approaching vehicle, and the scene pops over to a warthog speeding through the desert, in the background behind it, a spectre and two ghosts chasing it.

In the warthog, there is two figures, one of them master chief on the machine gun with a mysterious figure driving the hog. The chief shooting at the vehicles behind him, destroys the spectre, which rolls off the road and blows up. Then he destroys the remaining ghosts, right as they pull up to a huge cliff with a big forerunner looking door in it. The hog pulls up and chief jumps out, the figure driving gets out too, now it’s night. As they walk up to it, the door starts opening, inside a long hallway with lights glowing out of the walls, chief says “is it here?”, and the figure says, and you can tell it’s an elite from the voice “the rebels tell the truth, reclaimer.” As the door finishes opening, the lights get brighter, light floods over the mysterious being, revealing the arbiter. As the chief and arbiter walk in, the lights shut off, and you can hear a scary, growling noise, a deformed figure can be seen approaching in the darkness (hint hint, a flood zombie), arbiter throws up a plasma rifle and kills it.

Then you can see a horde of the zombies mobbing up in the darkness, then all of a sudden, in a flash of light, a bunch of sentinels start shooting at the zombies (in the trailer you can’t tell they’re the flood cause they’re not shown directly), when they’re all dead, a door down the huge forerunner hall opens, light shining from it reveals the didact’s figure, and right before the screen goes dark, his helmets eyes flash orange.

Then the screen goes dark, and the phrase “the legend continues” comes on screen, and then it switches over to the halo 5 symbol. :slight_smile:

Fred Linda and Kelly along with John. Then all would be fine in the Halo universe.

The perfect Trailer… Hmm I know a mug shot of master chief without his helmet on, showing every detail of master chief’s face!! The he bustes through the poster showing more of his face!.. Joking
343i stop trying to show me his face.

> It begins with the letters (for example) “May 15, 2558” then “Location Unknown”… And it’s in a huge rocky desert, with the sun setting (almost night) and the planet from the e3 trailer in the background. Then you hear a noise of an approaching vehicle, and the scene pops over to a warthog speeding through the desert, in the background behind it, a spectre and two ghosts chasing it.
>
> In the warthog, there is two figures, one of them master chief on the machine gun with a mysterious figure driving the hog. The chief shooting at the vehicles behind him, destroys the spectre, which rolls off the road and blows up. Then he destroys the remaining ghosts, right as they pull up to a huge cliff with a big forerunner looking door in it. The hog pulls up and chief jumps out, the figure driving gets out too, now it’s night. As they walk up to it, the door starts opening, inside a long hallway with lights glowing out of the walls, chief says “is it here?”, and the figure says, and you can tell it’s an elite from the voice “the rebels tell the truth, reclaimer.” As the door finishes opening, the lights get brighter, light floods over the mysterious being, revealing the arbiter. As the chief and arbiter walk in, the lights shut off, and you can hear a scary, growling noise, a deformed figure can be seen approaching in the darkness (hint hint, a flood zombie), arbiter throws up a plasma rifle and kills it.
>
> Then you can see a horde of the zombies mobbing up in the darkness, then all of a sudden, in a flash of light, a bunch of sentinels start shooting at the zombies (in the trailer you can’t tell they’re the flood cause they’re not shown directly), when they’re all dead, a door down the huge forerunner hall opens, light shining from it reveals the didact’s figure, and right before the screen goes dark, his helmets eyes flash orange.
>
> Then the screen goes dark, and the phrase “the legend continues” comes on screen, and then it switches over to the halo 5 symbol. :slight_smile:

I just imagined and holy -Yoink-!!

Explosions.
/thread

Since we don’t know much about the plot, its hard to come up for something the base the trailer around.

But we want it to start with something that gets your attention. An epic musical score, or a jarring sound that makes you look up no matter what you’re looking at. Fade in a massive landscape, or series of environments, but be trivial on the details of where it is. Just set the scale, make sure people say “Wow, thats big”. Zoom towards a certain area, and the screen flashes. The score gets even more awesome and almost “in your face” at this moment, revealing the main characters, Chief and his allies. Looking out, something major, like the giant construct in the E3 teaser, emerges ahead of them. The camera pulls out showing brief glimpses of friendly factions (UNSC forces, perhaps Sangheili) and enemy factions colliding in battle, with an even more brief glimpse of a perhaps “surprise” or unexpected foe. Continue to pull out, the screen darkens, and the music settles down. The score picks up one final time as the logo is shown, and it fades away with an appropriate quote from an antagonist in the game.

Live action, that is all.

> It begins with the letters (for example) “May 15, 2558” then “Location Unknown”… And it’s in a huge rocky desert, with the sun setting (almost night) and the planet from the e3 trailer in the background. Then you hear a noise of an approaching vehicle, and the scene pops over to a warthog speeding through the desert, in the background behind it, a spectre and two ghosts chasing it.
>
> In the warthog, there is two figures, one of them master chief on the machine gun with a mysterious figure driving the hog. The chief shooting at the vehicles behind him, destroys the spectre, which rolls off the road and blows up. Then he destroys the remaining ghosts, right as they pull up to a huge cliff with a big forerunner looking door in it. The hog pulls up and chief jumps out, the figure driving gets out too, now it’s night. As they walk up to it, the door starts opening, inside a long hallway with lights glowing out of the walls, chief says “is it here?”, and the figure says, and you can tell it’s an elite from the voice “the rebels tell the truth, reclaimer.” As the door finishes opening, the lights get brighter, light floods over the mysterious being, revealing the arbiter. As the chief and arbiter walk in, the lights shut off, and you can hear a scary, growling noise, a deformed figure can be seen approaching in the darkness (hint hint, a flood zombie), arbiter throws up a plasma rifle and kills it.
>
> Then you can see a horde of the zombies mobbing up in the darkness, then all of a sudden, in a flash of light, a bunch of sentinels start shooting at the zombies (in the trailer you can’t tell they’re the flood cause they’re not shown directly), when they’re all dead, a door down the huge forerunner hall opens, light shining from it reveals the didact’s figure, and right before the screen goes dark, his helmets eyes flash orange.
>
> Then the screen goes dark, and the phrase “the legend continues” comes on screen, and then it switches over to the halo 5 symbol. :slight_smile:

Awesome post mate. I only have a slight change the Arbiter Thel Vadam is driving the spectre with Rtas Vadum shooting and the ghosts bear a white hand with the didacts symbol on them. The ghosts are Jul Mdamas,
they are trying to assassinate Arby yet again but this time the infinity cant help. So the Arbiter seeks Chiefs help and is rushing for him, Kelly Fred and Linda orbital drop in all around the chief, killing the two ghosts while Arby and Rtas Vadum crawl out of the spectre wreckage. The trailer ends with the War Sphinx from the E3 trailer staring at four Spartans and two Elites with the wreckage of the ghosts and spectre behind in ruin. The words Halo appear with ominous music and then Are you ready to face the dark? giving some intrigue onto what is the dark?

Ark Listing Post
Voi, Kenya
Scene: a dark room lit only by the computer screens. At least two people are sitting in the room when an alarm sounds. Camera pans to the main view screen, the Ark portal.
Fade to live view of the Ark portal, fully open. A pelican slips in. Camera pans into the Pelican’s interior. John is piloting the craft.
Cut to sometime later. A large battle rages on the Ark between Covenant and UNSC forces. John is running through the melee, putting down covenant and Prometheans with ease.
John reaches the bottom of a ramp to a massive Forerunner structure, presumably the Absolute Record, he looks up at the entrance. Jul and Halsey are about to enter. Halsey looks back, clearly surprised. Cut back to John as he runs up the ramp and into the camera.
Cut to black
Logo appears:
HALO 5

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of live action stuff in the Halo series (I hated FUD) I actually really liked this trailer.

I still get goosebumps from watching that.

The original Halo 3 teaser trailer from 07 with master chief charging off a cliff with his AR into a pack of brutes was pretty cool. I’d like to see something similar to that effect again.

2014 Promotional Trailer Script

Plot
Arbiter and Rtas Vadum discuss political matters but then have to survive an assassination attempt and escape to the palace.

Jargon
{Effect Information}
[Character Information]
(Action Information)

Opening Scene
{Camera Pans: to see two moons (Qikost and Suban) orbiting a planet (Sanghelios) in Triple Star System}
{Camera Effect: normal colour scheme}
{Sound: Halo opening theme music}

Scene 1
{Camera Fades In: to a remote region on Sanghelios, where the palace is located. Arbiter, Thel Vadam, and Rtas Vadum are discussing political matters}
{Camera Effect: blues and whites signify the moon reflecting the suns light}
{Sound: tranquil and soothing background music; with sound effects of the wind and wildlife}
[Arbiter is dressed in his armour and also has a royal (red and purple) cape or garb on to signify his hierarchy on Sanghelios; he has an energy sword with him in case of an assassination attempt]
[Rtas Vadum is dressed in a bulkier version of his old armour, from halo 3, with bigger shoulders and unique helmet; he has an energy stave in case of an assassination attempt on the Arbiter]
Arbiter: These assassination attempts are becoming increasingly more aggressive and desperate.
Rtas Vadum: Worry not Arbiter, for my guard and I shall quell this rebellion.
Arbiter: Its not that I don’t trust you my friend, it’s the constant fear of how our race is slowly dying this civil war must.
Rtas Vadum: We all know the culprit, (screams) Jul Mdama.
Arbiter: We can easily assassinate Jul, but that would just lead to more war, more hatred, and our race will never be….

Scene 2
{Camera Pans: around Arbiter and Rtas Vadum signifying the assassins surrounding the Rtas Vadum and Arbiter; and then when battle ensues dashes between combat}
{Camera Effect: blues and whites signify the moon reflecting the suns light}
{Sound: ominous and action pack halo theme music; sound effects of elite war crys and swords clashing}
[Assassins dressed in like elite minors but have stealthy color schemes; Assassins all have energy swords and energy daggers]
(Assassins jumps out and surround Arbiter and Rtas Vadum; Arbiter and Rtas Vadum are back to back; Assassin #1, Assassin #2, Assassin #3, Assassin #4, Assassin #5 and Arbiter unsheathe Energy swords; Rtas Vadum prepares his energy stave)
Assassin #1: Prepare to die, Arbiter!
Assassin #2: Jul and Kaidon send there regards!
Assassin #3: WORT!
Assassin #4: Taste my blade traitor!
Assassin #5 WORT!
Arbiter: Enough talk, face me coward!
(Arbiter runs through Assassin #2; Rtas Vadum holds off Assassin #1, Assassin #3, Assassin #4)
Rtas Vadum: Arbiter we must escape…
Arbiter: Get inside… (Screams)
(Assassin #5 scars Arbiters helmet just missing his eye)
Rtas Vadum and Arbiter escape, inside the palace the royal guard with armour like Halo 2 defend Arbiter and Rtas Vadum.
[Palace Guard are dressed like halo 2 honour guard; Palace Guards have energy staves and energy swords)
{Camera Pans: out into space where the image of the two moons and Sanghelios is seen; as well as the three stars in the background behind planet. The word Halo 2014 appears with a 5 shadowing on the moons}
{Sound: Halo theme music}