Your Guilty Pleasure in Halo?

Okay, let’s be honest.

While I am absolutely sure that everyone here is a balanced, upstanding human being, we all play Halo. And if you play Halo, you’ve come across an action that you enjoyed, but then turned around to make sure no one saw you do it. That’s a guilty pleasure. And I’m nosy, so tell me what it is!

For example, do you ever return the favor of Kat’s driving skills by sending a warthog she happens to occupy over a cliff? Or maybe you stand behind an enemy sniper, wait a bit until he turns around, and THEN blast him off his feet with a shotgun?

NOTE : Team-Killing, EMPing an ally’s vehicle because you didn’t get it before they did, etc. …those aren’t guilty pleasures. They’re symptoms of a disease known as You-Should-Stop-Playing-Right-BLAM!-Now-itis.

I stick a teamate running into a crowd of enemys and he blows up I get a triple and he gets killed by the enemys

> I stick a teamate running into a crowd of enemys and he blows up I get a triple and he gets killed by the enemys

That’s fun, especially on Sword Base with the lift room and everyone camping it.

I may accidently lob a grenade at the arby’s head XP

Looking st kat’s butt 420 lol.

> I stick a teamate running into a crowd of enemys and he blows up I get a triple and he gets killed by the enemys

Hope you knew that guy. Otherwise you got really, REALLY lucky. Wouldn’t try to replicate stuff like that.

t-bagging my own corpse when I die in FF, I know I need help :stuck_out_tongue:

I enjoy playing around with my enemy.

I have no guilty Halo pleasures! *shuts door teabags body

I get quite aroused by the sound of growling brutes heading my direction.

Whats better than playing campaign on the level New Alixandra,flying to the top of the slanted side of the ONI building,taking the AI teammates out of the Falcon,and killing them over the ridges and sending down that giant slide?

Oh, there are a few things I’m guilty of…

• hiding with the enemy’s flag in THEIR base for a few minutes while they turn completely nuts while searching for me (often a necessity because team mates rarely have the idea of picking me up with a vehicle)

• waiting in the enemy base for their flag carrier to show up, assassinating him right before he scores

• sneaking up to a sniper, crouch-walking in front of him, standing up, and introducing my shotgun to his face

• camping with sword AND shotgun in the yellow lift room on Sword Base

• damaging unoccupied vehicles around the enemy base on Hemorrhage just enough so they blow up the moment you cough too loudly

• waiting with the enemy flag right next to the capture point in my base so my team mates can get a few extra kills, thus prolonging the humiliation of my opponents

• sprinting up to an enemy, placing a plasma nade on his face, sprinting away

• stealing the sniper rifle from the enemy and taking it back to ours

• dropping power weapons in plain sight next to a corner, then hiding around the corner and waiting for a poor fool to try and pick it up

• running to an opponent, getting his attention until he chases me, and then running back around a corner to a team mate waiting with the shotgun or sword

• throwing a grenade up the shaft to the yellow lift room on Sword Base and jumping after it right away, going into armor lock the moment I land

• alternatively, going up that shaft and activating AL the moment I land, and then grin like a fool at the hail of grenades my team mates launched right after I went up

• booby-trapping high-traffic spots with the grenade launcher

• using the concussion rifle on Countdown to push bunny-hoppers and jetpackers off the “balcony” and into the water

Ghost splatter sprees, reach took that away though.

> Ghost splatter sprees, reach took that away though.

Or just made it harder to do.

I stop and stare at Cortana for too long.

> I stop and stare at Cortana for too long.

THERE IS NO SHAME IN THAT.

> > I stop and stare at Cortana for too long.
>
> THERE IS NO SHAME IN THAT.

I know, but it’s a pleasure so I thought I’d post it here :]
She says some cute things if you stare long enough.

• Finding the little Marathon reference throughout the Halo series (and disappointed at the lack of them in Reach)

• Assassinations, everytime I get the chance to do one, I do it. Once I was able to get 5 assassinations one after another before dieing and it was one of the best times ever.

• Completely dominating the other team with the Scorpion where everyone quit in the span of 10 seconds, 2 kills away from the end of the game. It was fun for me but the feeling is bitter sweet that I probably made it a terrible Halo experience for them.

> It was fun for me but the feeling is bitter sweet that I probably made it a terrible Halo experience for them.

That’s part of Halo - no need to be too ashamed. Of course, I wasn’t there, so I’m not entirely sure what you did.

I’ll shoot Mongoose with the DMR, by myself, in Customs.