Your Expections in a Halo Infinite Delay

Hopefully, Halo Infinite does not get delayed but if it does what would you want most out of this game? Given that it’ll be five years on October 27 this year since the last main title Halo game was released do you want Halo Infinite to be a 60+ hour game? Before you say Hyperbole I do want to make mention that the 2018 Halo trailer did introduce at the very least the makings of a semi open Halo Ring world. Like the Halo level in Halo CE was going for.

Secondly, should prolonged development length in Halo Infinite lead to an extended length in game? Especially if 343 goes the open Halo ringworld route?

To each of your questions, I think the answer is “no”. The majority of hours spent in Halo are in the multiplayer. 60+ hour campaigns only work for open worlds with lots of side quests. Personally, that’s not a route I want to see the Halo campaigns go. I think people are inferring too much from the E3 2018 teaser, which was an engine demo rather than representation of game mechanics.

A delay in game development is probably not going to lead to a longer campaign. If development gets delayed, it’ll mean they need more time to finish what they already have on the table, not to add more to the table.

I respect your opinion. The many complaints and rightfully so by the community about Halo 5 was Master Chief and his journey not being the absolute focus of the game. Another complaint was the length. Halo 4 and 5 were games that I believe left a lot of gaming content on the cutting room floor. At Halo Infinite’s launch I am hoping for the release of COMPLETE game through and through in both campaign and multiplayer. 60+ hours does sound like a lot but I have played open world games like Far Cry, played that amount of time, and not even gotten to even half the game. It’s quite possible that SHOULD 343 go the route of open world they could make a 60 hour game.

I understand that 2018 was essentially a tech demo but 343 cannot afford to pull another bait and switch marketing technique like they did for Halo 5’s marketing campaign. Why show that much open terrain, geography types, and heck wildlife if it was not going to be in the final product.

> 2535473509360653;3:
> Why show that much open terrain, geography types, and heck wildlife if it was not going to be in the final product.

You can have diverse topography, wildlife, and open levels without making it an open world game.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> > 2535473509360653;3:
> > Why show that much open terrain, geography types, and heck wildlife if it was not going to be in the final product.
>
> You can have diverse topography, wildlife, and open levels without making it an open world game.

Yeah I mean at best I could see larger levels or even a “Hub” like ODST had at the very, very, very most… But I think that a Breath of the Wild is completely out of the question here.

@ LUKA, there was wildlife in Halo: Reach too. Remember that one segment where you had to slip past one and then it was never brought up again?
Showing open terrain doesn’t confirm open world either. It just says “This is what the terrain will look like.” I recall a lot of terrain I could see in 2, 3, Reach, 4 and 5 but couldn’t access.

Personally, I am highly doubtful Halo Infinite will be delayed. 343 is more likely to release the game partially unfinished, in my opinion, because Halo Infinite will be a launch title for XBSX and it will likely be heavily-tied to XBSX initial sales. I think there is a lot riding on Halo Infinite launching on time. 343 can always add additional content in the weeks following the release of the game. I’d still expect it to be 90-95% finished and working completely at launch, however.

If the game is delayed, I believe 343 is unlikely to add any additional mechanics that they hadn’t previously planned on adding. They’d probably just want to get the game out as soon as possible.