Your expectations for Halo 5

What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?

> 2535470461989339;1:
> What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?

My expectation is: nothing. The rotational playlists will continue and we’ll get double XP in October for the birthday month.

The game already has Skill-based Matchmaking…

The game’s already 5.5 years old. It’s not receiving anything else at this stage.

> 2533274874872263;2:
> > 2535470461989339;1:
> > What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?
>
> My expectation is: nothing. The rotational playlists will continue and we’ll get double XP in October for the birthday month.
>
> The game already has Skill-based Matchmaking…
>
> The game’s already 5.5 years old. It’s not receiving anything else at this stage.

I think the same, the only thing that has come out new are the maps created exclusively by the community, there is no support and only the game modes are changed, there are no new maps, no new warzone, the same Firefight mechanics and same patterns of bosses. And with the release of Halo Infinite, the game will be more dead than ever. Only people are here because they are grinding for level 152

> 2535457124021288;3:
> > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > 2535470461989339;1:
> > > What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?
> >
> > My expectation is: nothing. The rotational playlists will continue and we’ll get double XP in October for the birthday month.
> >
> > The game already has Skill-based Matchmaking…
> >
> > The game’s already 5.5 years old. It’s not receiving anything else at this stage.
>
> I think the same, the only thing that has come out new are the maps created exclusively by the community, there is no support and only the game modes are changed, there are no new maps, no new warzone, the same Firefight mechanics and same patterns of bosses. And with the release of Halo Infinite, the game will be more dead than ever. Only people are here because they are grinding for level 152

Yeah agreed the SR152 thing has really given us a massive player pop boost. I remember the days when you couldn’t get a game of Mythic WZFF even when it was weekend only.

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2535457124021288;3:
> > > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > > 2535470461989339;1:
> > > > What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?
> > >
> > > My expectation is: nothing. The rotational playlists will continue and we’ll get double XP in October for the birthday month.
> > >
> > > The game already has Skill-based Matchmaking…
> > >
> > > The game’s already 5.5 years old. It’s not receiving anything else at this stage.
> >
> > I think the same, the only thing that has come out new are the maps created exclusively by the community, there is no support and only the game modes are changed, there are no new maps, no new warzone, the same Firefight mechanics and same patterns of bosses. And with the release of Halo Infinite, the game will be more dead than ever. Only people are here because they are grinding for level 152
>
> Yeah agreed the SR152 thing has really given us a massive player pop boost. I remember the days when you couldn’t get a game of Mythic WZFF even when it was weekend only.

At that time there was no or what time do you speak?

> 2535457124021288;5:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2535457124021288;3:
> > > > 2533274874872263;2:
> > > > > 2535470461989339;1:
> > > > > What are your expectations for updates or fixes in halo 5? Could it be the chances of getting good items out of packs more often or fixing how game mechanics or if skilled based matchmaking should be added?
> > > >
> > > > My expectation is: nothing. The rotational playlists will continue and we’ll get double XP in October for the birthday month.
> > > >
> > > > The game already has Skill-based Matchmaking…
> > > >
> > > > The game’s already 5.5 years old. It’s not receiving anything else at this stage.
> > >
> > > I think the same, the only thing that has come out new are the maps created exclusively by the community, there is no support and only the game modes are changed, there are no new maps, no new warzone, the same Firefight mechanics and same patterns of bosses. And with the release of Halo Infinite, the game will be more dead than ever. Only people are here because they are grinding for level 152
> >
> > Yeah agreed the SR152 thing has really given us a massive player pop boost. I remember the days when you couldn’t get a game of Mythic WZFF even when it was weekend only.
>
> At that time there was no or what time do you speak?

2017 or so I think- even peak UK evening time

Thank all of you for your responses.

I would be surprised if anything at all. It would be nice for a final update at Infnites release maybe but I wouldn’t expect it. The game seems pretty much abandoned.

As much as the game needs an update with al of it’s flaws and server issues and I’d personally like to see some way for some of the unlockables make a comeback as I’m one to try to get 100% of the unlockables (like the arena emblems and HCS armors), 343 has made it clear (for whatever reason) that the older, rehash of older games, MCC will be the focus of updates and fixes moving forward. Halo 5 might get a few tweaks once Infinite gets a release date and actually launches (like double xp to get people 152 etc.). But outside of anything special coinciding with Infinite, Halo 5 won’t be touched except for the players still dedicated to it (like myself).

> 2542657289641224;9:
> As much as the game needs an update with al of it’s flaws and server issues and I’d personally like to see some way for some of the unlockables make a comeback as I’m one to try to get 100% of the unlockables (like the arena emblems and HCS armors), 343 has made it clear (for whatever reason) that the older, rehash of older games, MCC will be the focus of updates and fixes moving forward. Halo 5 might get a few tweaks once Infinite gets a release date and actually launches (like double xp to get people 152 etc.). But outside of anything special coinciding with Infinite, Halo 5 won’t be touched except for the players still dedicated to it (like myself).

Yeah me to

My expectations and reality are two separate things.

For the most recent full Halo release, I EXPECT continued balancing, bug fixes and events. This is the 20th anniversary of Halo CE so I believe that it isn’t out of the question to expect all currently active games (HW2, H5 and MCC) to have something special, even if it is just the return of something like the Yappening. I think we all know it will probably be only MCC that gets anything (if that). I know 5.5 years is a long time, but it isn’t like we have a more recent release to move on to. I have played the other Halo games to death (both at original releases and the MCC), and adding cosmetics doesn’t do much for me to want to revisit them.

What reality will show us is the same rotation of playlists, bare minimum support to keep the servers on and maybe an XP event. I don’t expect Halo 5 will get any form of update from the writeups done on the site outside of maybe a footnote.

I don’t really have any major expectations for Halo 5. However, there are few things I would prefer to see like the ability to remove all invisible barriers, soft kill boundaries and death barriers from Forge in order to open access to create maps in out of bounds areas.

Something which is interesting when it comes to Forge maps in out of bounds areas. There exist few maps in the Action Sack playlists which are created out of the ordinary map boundaries using Forge. It would be preferrable is this was an intended mechanic instead of something created due to an exploit.

Another thing I would prefer to see is the ability to play Custom Warzone games and to play Forge on the Warzone maps in order to increase the capabilities in Custom Games and Forge by addition additional maps and gamemodes.

> 2542657289641224;9:
> As much as the game needs an update with al of it’s flaws and server issues and I’d personally like to see some way for some of the unlockables make a comeback as I’m one to try to get 100% of the unlockables (like the arena emblems and HCS armors), 343 has made it clear (for whatever reason) that the older, rehash of older games, MCC will be the focus of updates and fixes moving forward. Halo 5 might get a few tweaks once Infinite gets a release date and actually launches (like double xp to get people 152 etc.). But outside of anything special coinciding with Infinite, Halo 5 won’t be touched except for the players still dedicated to it (like myself).

The season emblems are there for ranking in that season - they won’t come back.
HCS stuff could become available again if the team decided to make some of the HCS events more premier again - but I’m not holding my breath.

> 2766496913967593;13:
> > 2542657289641224;9:
> > As much as the game needs an update with al of it’s flaws and server issues and I’d personally like to see some way for some of the unlockables make a comeback as I’m one to try to get 100% of the unlockables (like the arena emblems and HCS armors), 343 has made it clear (for whatever reason) that the older, rehash of older games, MCC will be the focus of updates and fixes moving forward. Halo 5 might get a few tweaks once Infinite gets a release date and actually launches (like double xp to get people 152 etc.). But outside of anything special coinciding with Infinite, Halo 5 won’t be touched except for the players still dedicated to it (like myself).
>
> The season emblems are there for ranking in that season - they won’t come back.
> HCS stuff could become available again if the team decided to make some of the HCS events more premier again - but I’m not holding my breath.

Yea… I know… but a man can still dream, and like I said… for someone who wants to see 100% completion and nothing missing… it’d be nice to see all completed and “earned”

> 2542657289641224;14:
> > 2766496913967593;13:
> > > 2542657289641224;9:
> > > As much as the game needs an update with al of it’s flaws and server issues and I’d personally like to see some way for some of the unlockables make a comeback as I’m one to try to get 100% of the unlockables (like the arena emblems and HCS armors), 343 has made it clear (for whatever reason) that the older, rehash of older games, MCC will be the focus of updates and fixes moving forward. Halo 5 might get a few tweaks once Infinite gets a release date and actually launches (like double xp to get people 152 etc.). But outside of anything special coinciding with Infinite, Halo 5 won’t be touched except for the players still dedicated to it (like myself).
> >
> > The season emblems are there for ranking in that season - they won’t come back.
> > HCS stuff could become available again if the team decided to make some of the HCS events more premier again - but I’m not holding my breath.
>
> Yea… I know… but a man can still dream, and like I said… for someone who wants to see 100% completion and nothing missing… it’d be nice to see all completed and “earned”

Yea, it breaks my heart that I missed a few seasons and I know that I will never get there. At least there are sub-menus so you can still max out armor, helmets, skinds, reqs, etc.

I keep hoping they’ll have some lottery or final update with a way to earn/receive past emblems but I am almost certain it won’t happen. Very sad.

Honestly, nothing

As many have said before, this is a half decade old game. With Halo Infinite releasing this year, all hands on deck is to be expected. Especially with my theory as to why Halo infinite looked so poor last year.

My theory is with Halo MCC being broken on releae, Halo 5 being unfinished with bugs, lack of features, and some connectivity issues on release. Resources early on was spent on trying to fix these messes that 343 put themselves into. Not to mention they built a whole new engine, and if anyone knows about God of War’s development cycle then you know engines take a bit of time. Then the pandemic destroyed their crunch time, which is good because hopefully this game will be finished on release.

In short, not a thing should come to Halo 5.

Honestly at this point with dry content/quality of life patches, I expect nothing from this game. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s stays snap shotted the same as it is currently.

I had my love for the game but I’m moving on from it sadly. It’s why I can’t wait for Halo Infinite because I want another Halo game to sink my game into like I did with 5 and the others before it.

> 2535462450434439;17:
> I had my love for the game but I’m moving on from it sadly. It’s why I can’t wait for Halo Infinite because I want another Halo game to sink my game into like I did with 5 and the others before it.

I do also wait with true excitement for Halo Infinite as based on the information published, Halo Infinite may become something incredible. However, this is something that remains to be seen and while I’m waiting, I will attempt to complete some loose ends like getting SR152 in Halo 5 and the “Nice Work Dawg” (2500 multiplayer assists) achievement in MCC.

I had gotten alot more comments about this subject then I thought I would. Thank you for your opinions.

My expectation is that active support for Halo 5 will be abandoned in favor for Infinite and Halo MCC.