Your dream Halo maps

Halo is home to some of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time. From competitive 4v4 maps like lockout and gaurdian, to huge vehicular carnage maps like blood gulch and sidewinder. But i have been thinking a lot about halo 4 lately and have been thinking up some ideas for new multiplayer maps. I will post a few and then you post your own. And when i say post your own maps I mean something original, not just a remake of a past Halo map.

Map Name: ( I can’t think of one lol)

I recently played through the Halo 2 campaign again and in doing so an idea sparked in my brain about a map idea. Playing through the mission, regret, I came across one of my favorite parts, the gondola ride. I seem to have a -Yoink!- for fighting across moving platforms. And being on your gondola and having one with a squad of elites shooting at you is exciting. I feel like a total badass jumping from ship to ship pirate style as the two gondolas get closer and then back away from each other. Anyway, I would want a map like that. With 2 " gondolas" fighting each other while moving. Sometimes the ships will be right next to each other, other times they will be far away making it hard to board. Other times one may move in front of the other or maybe switch sides. Whatever, there is just a lot of potential here. The best way I can relate this map to an existing one is the plane sequence recently seen in the uncharted 3 beta. I had a blast jumping from car to car as they moved around behind the plane. It had a sense of interactivity that no other multiplayer map in the world has ( that i am aware). i want a map like that in Reach. Where 2 platforms move parallel to each other and get closer and farther away as time goes on. Interactivity. Now the map doesn’t have to be an exact replica of the Halo 2 mission. Those gondolas were a little small and the ones in the multiplayer map would be a little bigger. But could you imagine CTF games on a map like this? You jump to your enemies gondola and battle your way to the flag, your buddy helping you out as you carry it to the edge. When you gewt there you see that at that moment the gondola is a little farther out. You jump the gap in crouch jump fashion and just barely make it. Again i’m not going to describe an entine multiplayer match here, but i hope you get the point.

Map Name: Spires

Believe it or not this was inspired by a map in Reach. I absolutely love the Spire. it is incredibly unique and fun to play on. My idea was to make a map in Halo 4, where there were 2 spires. The spires will obviously change a bit from Reach, but the concept remains the same. Huge -Yoink- towers with fun vehicle combat. Think a blood gulch type map with the spires as the respective teams bases. It has potential, and could be fun.

Those were just two ideas I had. I would post a few more, but I really want to here your guys thoughts.

Guardian, The Pit, Construct, Narrows,

did you even read my thread? This is not a remake thread, holy -Yoink!- people.

I like maps that aren’t afraid to play around with the way Halo is meant to be played. An example of this is Headlong: a map that took BTB’s usually spacious environments, compacted them, and stretched them out vertically.

A map that I always look back upon which would have been amazing for Halo is something that draws inspiration from the old 007 Nighfire map [(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPEWxtLORQ&feature=related)]Skyrail]([http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPEWxtLORQ&feature=related). It was a map that featured two mansions in a canyon with several pathways around the middle with a gondola system set up that takes you around the map.

> I like maps that aren’t afraid to play around with the way Halo is meant to be played. An example of this is Headlong: a map that took BTB’s usually spacious environments, compacted them, and stretched them out vertically.
>
> A map that I always look back upon which would have been amazing for Halo is something that draws inspiration from the old 007 Nighfire map Skyrail. It was a map that featured two mansions in a canyon with several pathways around the middle with a gondola system set up that takes you around the map.

Ah yes skyrail, probably in my top 5 multiplayer maps of all time. I don’t think I ever played a map other than skyrail in nightfire. I agree, we need maps like that. With some interactivity. I love moving platforms lol.