'Your destruction is the will of the Gods!'

Did Truth know something that the Humans didn’t?

The ‘gods’ of the Covenant were the Forerunners and it looks like will be fighting Forerunners in Halo 4.

Did Truth encounter a Forerunner? Did he know something that the Humans did not?
or am I just insane from boredom?

What do you think?

Either blaming it on the gods could be their way of justifying the fight with humans or you could be a little bored.

> Either blaming it on the gods could be their way of justifying the fight with humans or you could be a little bored.

I’d say both.

Wow.

Nice connection, OP.

I’ve never thought of that.

> Wow.
>
> Nice connection, OP.
>
> I’ve never thought of that.

Thankyou, it just sort of popped into my train of thought. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oooh…this sounds plausible.

Or maybe he didn’t encounter a Forerunner. Maybe he just found some terminal or file or something that said the Forerunners wanted us destroyed.

I think that if they wanted us destroyed they would have done so in the Human-Forerunner war.

Truth never met a Forerunner. The Covenant used a Forerunner machine to find Forerunner artifacts. Unbeknownst to him the AI that ran the machine was the fragment of a Forerunner AI named Mendicant Bias. Bias betrayed the Forerunners when they fought the Flood, was punished for it and lost to time.

ANYWAY, when they found Harvest, humans registered on the machine and Bias told Truth, Regret and Mercy all about how humans are meant to inherit what the Forerunners left behind and are, technically, their descendents. I do stress that humans and Forerunners aren’t genetically related by the way, but I hope you get what I mean. Now that doesn’t sit well when your religion revers gods who died for you and yet their chosen people are walking around, even more so when they could be a threat to your power.

So really, Truth is just a power-crazed religious dictator trying to keep power and he’s lied to himself for so long, even he believes what he spouts.

> So really, Truth is just a power-crazed religious dictator trying to keep power and he’s lied to himself for so long, even he believes what he spouts.

Indeed. It’s like when medieval Monarchs would claim their right to rule came from God. They just do it so no one would question their authority.

> > So really, Truth is just a power-crazed religious dictator trying to keep power and he’s lied to himself for so long, even he believes what he spouts.
>
> Indeed. It’s like when medieval Monarchs would claim their right to rule came from God. They just do it so no one would question their authority.

Exactly. It’s this very reason Truth tried to exterminate all of the Elites. As a whole the Elites were starting to not buy the Great Journey, indeed they even started to question the war against humanity. When you have doubt, a schism develops.

And we know how well this all worked out for Truth.

> > > So really, Truth is just a power-crazed religious dictator trying to keep power and he’s lied to himself for so long, even he believes what he spouts.
> >
> > Indeed. It’s like when medieval Monarchs would claim their right to rule came from God. They just do it so no one would question their authority.
>
> Exactly. It’s this very reason Truth tried to exterminate all of the Elites. As a whole the Elites were starting to not buy the Great Journey, indeed they even started to question the war against humanity. When you have doubt, a schism develops.
>
> And we know how well this all worked out for Truth.

Ah hell…I miss the -Yoink-!

Well we probably won’t know since the Arbiter stabbed him in the chest with a light saber sword thingy mabibber. Energy sword