Your complaints about Halo 5 - all of them

There’s plently we do like about the game sure, but there’s also some stuff we don’t like so complain in here, even the minor stuff.

-The teal HUD, I’m not really feeling it. IMO it should either be blue or they should let us customize it in the settings menu
-No playable elites again
-No invasion or firefight modes which were really fun
-Unpopular opinion I suppose (at least on here) but I liked AAs and I’ll miss flying around on a jetpack, evading around corners etc :frowning:
-^Since they don’t have AA’s, they could have bought back equipment, but I guess that’s another topic for another day and it’s not for everyone
-343 removing good armor designs like CQB and Security, I don’t really like their bionicle style armor designs
-Bringing back the beam rifle and carbine which are pretty much the same exact thing as the DMR and sniper rifle, when they could have brought back the focus rifle and needle rifle, which actually felt different
-Doesn’t look like the choppers coming back
-Would have liked to see the fuel rod gun run on a battery and function more like a mortar like it did on Halo PC, but I guess that’ll never happen

Hardly worth mentioning but the “guardians” subtitle is really out of place and doesn’t look right at all. I hate it.

There are already so many threads for this, and so many of these issues have had multiple threads each, it’s a tad overkill putting up another one. About the “lack” of AAs, we do have spartan abilities - thrusters, stabilizers, and all that good stuff.

I don’t agree with any of these besides the armor customization. I didn’t notice the HUD difference, Elites ruin everyone being equal, armor abilities are only good if they are pick ups or everyone has the same ones, beam rifle and carbine are fine. Chopper hasn’t been around since Halo 3, and I never played Halo pc. What about the annoying noise when you get shot, and it starts beeping. That’s obnoxious.

My #1 complaint: It isn’t out yet.
#2 is I didn’t get to try Warzone, not being able to make it to the public events that let you give it a shot…

> 2533274946184160;3:
> I don’t agree with any of these besides the armor customization. I didn’t notice the HUD difference, Elites ruin everyone being equal, armor abilities are only good if they are pick ups or everyone has the same ones, beam rifle and carbine are fine. Chopper hasn’t been around since Halo 3, and I never played Halo pc. What about the annoying noise when you get shot, and it starts beeping. That’s obnoxious.

I noticed the ‘new’ shield/damage related sounds too, and can say I miss the old ones as well. The new ones will grow on me eventually I imagine though.
The Spartan Laser lost that ‘kick’ to its firing sound, though maybe now the firing mechanism is just more ‘efficient’ and so makes less noise…? :stuck_out_tongue:

My biggest complaint:

It’s the best Halo yet and it’s not out yet for me to waste hundreds of hours playing.

> 2533274805023993;1:
> There’s plently we do like about the game sure, but there’s also some stuff we don’t like so complain in here, even the minor stuff.
>
> -The teal HUD, I’m not really feeling it. IMO it should either be blue or they should let us customize it in the settings menu
> -No playable elites again
> -No invasion or firefight modes which were really fun
> -Unpopular opinion I suppose (at least on here) but I liked AAs and I’ll miss flying around on a jetpack, evading around corners etc :frowning:
> -^Since they don’t have AA’s, they could have bought back equipment, but I guess that’s another topic for another day and it’s not for everyone
> -343 removing good armor designs like CQB and Security, I don’t really like their bionicle style armor designs
> -Bringing back the beam rifle and carbine which are pretty much the same exact thing as the DMR and sniper rifle, when they could have brought back the focus rifle and needle rifle, which actually felt different
> -Doesn’t look like the choppers coming back
> -Would have liked to see the fuel rod gun run on a battery and function more like a mortar like it did on Halo PC, but I guess that’ll never happen
>
> Hardly worth mentioning but the “guardians” subtitle is really out of place and doesn’t look right at all. I hate it.

The carbine was here first. If anything, the DMR is the invasive one and should be removed, because the UNSC already has the BR. Focus rifle was ok, but it was basically a reskinned Sentinel beam, and it didn’t really work well as a sniper at all. If anything should be returning from reach, it should be the Grenade launcher.

Sprint&Clamber. Ruin maps and flow.

> 2533274892061674;5:
> My biggest complaint:
>
> It’s the best Halo yet and it’s not out yet for me to waste hundreds of hours playing.

I know right! So annoying!
:stuck_out_tongue:

The original carbine scope being removed. Smart Scope for weapons like plasma pistol ,needler, boltshot, shotgun, and suppressor. AR and Storm Rifle are two others,but they are tolerable I guess.

> 2533274812471748;7:
> Sprint&Clamber. Ruin maps and flow.

How can it do that when all the maps are designed around both sprint and clamber? That’s like saying that jump adds too much vertical movement or grenades can be used to cheat shots around corners.

> 2533274801566786;10:
> > 2533274812471748;7:
> > Sprint&Clamber. Ruin maps and flow.
>
>
> How can it do that when all the maps are designed around both sprint and clamber? That’s like saying that jump adds too much vertical movement or grenades can be used to cheat shots around corners.

Is about my feelings with the game. Dont feels Halo for me.

> 2533274805023993;1:
> There’s plently we do like about the game sure, but there’s also some stuff we don’t like so complain in here, even the minor stuff.
>
> -The teal HUD, I’m not really feeling it. IMO it should either be blue or they should let us customize it in the settings menu
> It doesn’t bother me as much, but I’m all up for customisation that allow you to tune it all to your preference. Though it’d be a lot of work for the company.
> The only way I’d like to see Elites return is in the style of Reach where they were restricted to certain playlists.
> Maybe they’ll be added later on? Anyhow we got Warzone to fill the gap.
> -Unpopular opinion I suppose (at least on here) but I liked AAs and I’ll miss flying around on a jetpack, evading around corners etc :frowning:
> -^Since they don’t have AA’s, they could have bought back equipment, but I guess that’s another topic for another day and it’s not for everyone
> Eh, I feel like the Spartan Ability is a more balanced alternative.
> -343 removing good armor designs like CQB and Security, I don’t really like their bionicle style armor designs
> CQB and Security looked aweful imo. At least the armor we’ve seen so far in Halo 5 looks way better than the armor in Halo 4.
> -Bringing back the beam rifle and carbine which are pretty much the same exact thing as the DMR and sniper rifle, when they could have brought back the focus rifle and needle rifle, which actually felt different
> Beam Rifle has less ammo capacity than the Sniper Rifle but doesn’t have to reload. The Beam Rifle can also shoot faster follow up shots at the expense of overheating. The Carbine can shoot faster than the DMR and has a larger magazine, but does less damage per shot and is less accurate. I fell like they’re different enough.
> But Forerunner vehicles!
> -Would have liked to see the fuel rod gun run on a battery and function more like a mortar like it did on Halo PC, but I guess that’ll never happen
> **You guessed right.**Hardly worth mentioning but the “guardians” subtitle is really out of place and doesn’t look right at all. I hate it.
> I get what you mean, it’s kind of unnecessary.

> 2533274805023993;1:
> Hardly worth mentioning but the “guardians” subtitle is really out of place and doesn’t look right at all. I hate it.

My absolute greatest fear is that this subtitle indicates that we’re not done with Halo 5 yet. Tune in next year for Halo 5: Revelations, and in two years we’ll have Halo 5: Revengeance! Now that’s worst case scenario right there.

Most of my problems with Halo 5 are minor. The chromatic aberration in the HUD, the FoV is smaller than I’d like, the SMG’s range is a bit ridiculous for a short ranged weapon, and we’ve yet to see any maps on a lush green field or a beach environment (why just gun metal grey and desert, -Yoink!-?). My only major complaint is the presence of neither splitscreen nor LAN.

No classic firefight like reach or odst

Your complaints are fine just take out that dame “we” you keep talking about.

Invasion’s back, it’s a sub game type of warzone.

> 2533274805023993;1:
>
>

your name why not killionaire?

No September release

Having to hear people complain about Halo 5

> 2533274891145533;19:
> Having to hear people complain about Halo 5

Complaining is good. It helps the developers see that fans aren’t happy with the way things are going. The whole reason Halo 5 has this re-imagined Arena multiplayer focused on balance and equal weapon starts is because people complained about the way Halo 4’s multiplayer was handled.