You want to be immersed in the Campaign, okay, I get that, but there is something I do not understan

So, you claim that, Master Chief cannot be developed at all emotionally what-so-ever because it takes away the involvement that the player has in the game. Okay, I get that, but what I do not get is why, at the same time you do NOT want him to be a customizable character, because it takes away from his character. =\

Wat?

So you don’t want him to have personality because it takes away from you being able to “pretend” you are the Master Chief. And yet, you don’t want him to be customizable like Noble Six. Those seem like two contradictory points of view. Why is it so wrong to be able to customize your Master Chief? Why is it so wrong for him to be a “good, dynamic character”? Why?

Also, why do you not want change? Why do you want to have the same old crap from previous Halo games thrown in your face, over and over again?

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO WANTS SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN HALO 4? ANYBODY AT ALL? AM I THE ONLY ONE?

PS: I apologize, staff, if this comes off as offensive to anyone. I did not mean for it to be. Nor am I angry, JUST CONFUSED.

I hope that we WON’T be able to customize. Takes away from the impact of the story IMO. Chief is an iconic character, he shouldn’t be changed. With that said, part of his iconic character is the lack of any obvious emotions.

Although, it would be cool if he shed a tear at some point in the new games. Maybe at the end. If he did, I’d be bawlin’ with tears.

> So, you claim that, Master Chief cannot be developed at all emotionally what-so-ever because it takes away the involvement that the player has in the game. Okay, I get that, but what I do not get is why, at the same time you do NOT want him to be a customizable character, because it takes away from his character. =\
>
> Wat?
>
> So you don’t want him to have personality because it takes away from you being able to “pretend” you are the Master Chief. And yet, you don’t want him to be customizable like Noble Six. Those seem like two contradictory points of view. Why is it so wrong to be able to customize your Master Chief? Why is it so wrong for him to be a “good, dynamic character”? Why?
>
> Also, why do you not want change? Why do you want to have the same old crap from previous Halo games thrown in your face, over and over again?
>
> IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO WANTS SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN HALO 4? ANYBODY AT ALL? AM I THE ONLY ONE?
>
> PS: I apologize, staff, if this comes off as offensive to anyone. I did not mean for it to be. Nor am I angry, JUST CONFUSED.

There was this little 2001 video game release titled “Halo: Combat Evolved”. It was kind of a smash hit, spawning sequels and an entire, expansive, branching universe.

^In case you didn’t know.

Now let’s take something iconic, say, The Legend of Zelda. Let’s give Link an aggressive, perverted attitude and change his appearance to that of a bumbling drunk.

Hey, there you go!

Not the best parallel, but effective nonetheless. Halo 4 is still working somewhat in the realm of established canon. You can’t just change that on the fly, ESPECIALLY not when you’re a sci-fi franchise, and expect people to clamor. I’d personally hate it, because it would ruin my suspension of disbelief in the franchise, and break the continuity. You obviously only care about the game being deeper and more option-laden, but there are those of us who just want this to be executed faithfully to the other franchise installments.

As the others have pointed out, Master Chief’s image is not something we should be able to go and change on a whim. The reason this worked with Noble Six is because he was a new face to the franchise and to the team in the story. We were Noble Six, we weren’t playing as him. Think of the core Halo games as a interactive movie. You are basically playing the game through the Chief’s perspective, you don’t get to control anything about him… well besides how and when he kills people.

> So, you claim that, Master Chief cannot be developed at all emotionally what-so-ever because it takes away the involvement that the player has in the game. Okay, I get that, but what I do not get is why, at the same time you do NOT want him to be a customizable character, because it takes away from his character. =\
>
> Wat?
>
> So you don’t want him to have personality because it takes away from you being able to “pretend” you are the Master Chief. And yet, you don’t want him to be customizable like Noble Six. Those seem like two contradictory points of view. Why is it so wrong to be able to customize your Master Chief? Why is it so wrong for him to be a “good, dynamic character”? Why?
>
> Also, why do you not want change? Why do you want to have the same old crap from previous Halo games thrown in your face, over and over again?
>
> IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO WANTS SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN HALO 4? ANYBODY AT ALL? AM I THE ONLY ONE?
>
> PS: I apologize, staff, if this comes off as offensive to anyone. I did not mean for it to be. Nor am I angry, JUST CONFUSED.

What don’t you get about that Master chief is an iconic character, they want a picture of him to appear and everybody say, oh look it’s the chief, he needs to be the same. Also it’s not the same old crap from other games, and it never has been. Maybe Halo’s story isn’t for you if you don’t have an connection to Master Chief and his personality and back story.

Hey guys, this can be a win-win situation here. All it takes is some thinking. What if you could play as your own Spartan when it came to Campaign scoring, but when you have Campaign scoring turned off, you play as the default Master Chief? Sound good?

> Hey guys, this can be a win-win situation here. All it takes is some thinking. What if you could play as your own Spartan when it came to Campaign scoring, but when you have Campaign scoring turned off, you play as the default Master Chief? Sound good?

How about customizable Spartan in MM. Never in Campaign. that sounds better

We need Chief to look like Chief. Im fine with fleshing out his character though.

> Hey guys, this can be a win-win situation here. All it takes is some thinking. What if you could play as your own Spartan when it came to Campaign scoring, but when you have Campaign scoring turned off, you play as the default Master Chief? Sound good?

YES

It wouldn’t make sense to customize him. Noble 6 could be anyone, but MC is an established character that wears green Mk VI armor. his helmet is basically the closest thing he has to a face, and to change it would be to change his character.

> It wouldn’t make sense to customize him. Noble 6 could be anyone, but MC is an established character that wears green Mk VI armor. his helmet is basically the closest thing he has to a face, and to change it would be to change his character.

That makes sense to me. Why would this spartan have customizable armor if the armor has already been set before the fact.

On the other hand, customizable armor is fun even for campaign. To me, gameplay ought to take priority over story, but HCEA is a peculiar case.

0/10

Nah Id be ok with personal growth, hell, I think the moment when MC rescues Cortan is one of the most emotional, and thus most impactful moment of the trilogy.

“You found me.”

> So, you claim that, Master Chief cannot be developed at all emotionally what-so-ever because it takes away the involvement that the player has in the game. Okay, I get that, but what I do not get is why, at the same time you do NOT want him to be a customizable character, because it takes away from his character. =\
>
> Wat?
>
> So you don’t want him to have personality because it takes away from you being able to “pretend” you are the Master Chief. And yet, you don’t want him to be customizable like Noble Six. Those seem like two contradictory points of view. Why is it so wrong to be able to customize your Master Chief? Why is it so wrong for him to be a “good, dynamic character”? Why?
>
> Also, why do you not want change? Why do you want to have the same old crap from previous Halo games thrown in your face, over and over again?
>
> IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO WANTS SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN HALO 4? ANYBODY AT ALL? AM I THE ONLY ONE?
>
> PS: I apologize, staff, if this comes off as offensive to anyone. I did not mean for it to be. Nor am I angry, JUST CONFUSED.

Customisable armor for multiplayer? Hell, yeah!

Customisable armor for campaign? Hell, no!

The only thing that should be customisable in campaign is a player’s emblem and his armor color, but the latter only for co-op games so you don’t have four green MCs running around and can identify another player quickly by his armor color.

> Customisable armor for campaign? Hell, no!

Why the hell not?

> > Customisable armor for campaign? Hell, no!
>
> Why the hell not?

Because we are playing as the Chief, not as some random soldier that nobody knows. Look at your avatar image, now image a different helmet. Once you change or remove the iconic armor, then you no longer have Master Chief.

Let Chief be Chief and let us customize our own character like in Halo 3 :smiley:

i agree with the idea of exploring and developing the character of the chief in campaign, but he should always look like the chief. if during the campaign he comes across forerunner tech (in CE he is scanned as wearing a class 2 combat skin, he should upgrade to atleast a class 12. i think thats what 'spark says in the library) and upgrades his battered armor then imo thats fine, but player customisable armor for campaign, only for co-op if at all. other wise no.

but for MM it is a whole different ball game. i want an armory like reach’s, but bigger and more awesome.there should be waypoint unlocks, and unlocks from achievements not just rank unlocks. also if the affore-mentioned forerunner upgrades idea turns true (i seriously dout) maybe there could be so small level of gameplay effect involved in certain armor permutations from the armory not just cosmetic. if you unlock through some ridiculously complicated waypoint award an item that say, increases shield strenght by 5%, for example but another piece might provide a 5% speed increase, it then geta interesting as to how you look, can affect how you play, or how you play can affect how you look, or you can apply the effect to an already unlocked item as an upgrade there for saying play how you like, look how you like. ill stop now as i think i might have jst started a whole new topic of opinion based fantasising about things that probably wont happen.

First of all it is master chief we are talking about master chief is master chief. noble six doesn’t talk that much or show emotion. if master chief were custimable it would mess with cannon plus reach campagin messes with cannon a lot. master chief will probably hopefully show emotion in halo 4.

There is one thing I don’t get, Why should it be no for everyone? Why can’t it be our choice?

Why cannot it not be an option like other games have to just select an option in the menu to say whterh or not we want to use our customized character in campaign or not? then every body wins, those who don’t want to alter MC’s vanilla look can select not to use the customized look in Campaign. those of us who want to use our custom look can then select to use it.

Why do those who want a vanilla MC look feel they should force the lack of options onto those who like the idea of Customization?

The simple fact is you should all be saying give us the option to choose in game. Not saying No to any choice for anyone else to do as they wish.

Whether or not I want to play as MC or not is irrelevant, we should be given the option in game to choose whterh or not to.