You think the Halo players who left Reach...

…will be back?
Everybody knows a big part of this community left a few months after Reach came out.
H3 was the biggest game on XBL for 3 years. You guys think they will give H4 and 343 a fair chance?

Why?

Possibly. I left Reach for a while since it wasn’t that addicting but I eventually came back. Its a new game. Worth a shot. Its not like a call of duty game where you can expect there to be 0 changes from the last game.

I know I will Halo 4 looks very promising

I’ve been playing Halo since CE, 9 year Xbox Live tenure, 3400 H2 games, 2700 H3, I quit during Reach. I will give 4 a chance but I doubt it will be all that great, will probably quit playing a month or 2 after release like Reach.

> …will be back?
> Everybody knows a big part of this community left a few months after Reach came out.
> H3 was the biggest game on XBL for 3 years. You guys think they will give H4 and 343 a fair chance?

If the game is quality the word will spread and they will rejoice that halo is back.

If its reach 2, which in many ways can be argued for, then the game will sink just as fast if not faster than reach and be crushed by the COD game that is released a weak later.

343 needs to realize that you just dont farm a sensation, they pop up out of no where like COD4 or HCE. the COD people realize this hence why cod never changes and just grows in popularity. Halo tried to change up the fundamentals with reach, and look where it took the franchise. Basically to has been status. =/

Halo 4 treads on the edge of a knife for me. Halo Reach was pure garbage, and I am sad to see so many Reach features return. ESPECIALLY Armour Abilities.

I left reach, I’m comming back. Jump height and speed are like halo 3 which I love. They are making a lot of changes and I’m excited to give it a try. Plus da Cheif iz bak!!!

Yes.

Why you wonder?

Well, it’s what tends to happen. Look at WoW, they lose players at a steady rate until they release a new expansion and then most (note: not all) of the players they’ve lost comes back for another round.

Same thing with CoD, and Battlefield.

Of course they will, and if they dont like it they’ll do the exact same thing they’ve been doing.

When halo 3 was the main game, there was a large portion of the community who still played halo 2 because they didnt like equipment and other additions. When the halo 2 servers went under, of course they where forced to go to either reach or halo 3, and seeing as they dont like reach, they go on to say “hey, maybe halo 3 isnt so bad after all”.

But history will repeat itself, and sooner or later the halo 3 servers will be shut down, and they’ll either have to play reach or halo 4. If they start bashing halo 4 because they dont like the change’s, theyll go to play reach and realize that is also isnt such a bad game as they thought it was.

Its a trend i see with all games that have sequels with servers still online for the previous games.

The only question is, will the butthurt players of the gaming world like halo 4, or will they continue to be butthurt and play previous titles until those servers get shut down and they are forced to play a newer game in the series?

> …will be back?
> Everybody knows a big part of this community left a few months after Reach came out.

Population drop off after the new on a game has worn off is normal. Happens with every game not because of the lack of quality but because it’s virtually impossible to hold their attention when so many other quality releases are happening.

> H3 was the biggest game on XBL for 3 years. You guys think they will give H4 and 343 a fair chance?

H3 was the biggest game on XBL until MW2 came along and pushed it off it’s throne. Halo as a whole was the biggest franchise because it held the majorities attention. And then MW2 came along and got their attention, so they left. H4 isn’t going to bring their attention back.

> …will be back?

After the first 2 months of Reach about 10 of my good halo 2/3 friends went and, stated playing CoD they hated Reach and still have not come back / im hoping halo 4 brings them back …

343i don’t make me lose anymore Halo Friends …

We can only hope

nope, because they aren’t cool veterans like me.

I still play and love Reach. I have at least 50,000 players to play against and thats on a bad day. I don’t need you suckas :wink:

> …will be back?

Not in a rush for Halo Reach but Halo 4 has a lot of hype so yes it should hopefully be returning in big numbers but I think we all know November is going to be a crazy month.

> > …will be back?
> > Everybody knows a big part of this community left a few months after Reach came out.
> > H3 was the biggest game on XBL for 3 years. You guys think they will give H4 and 343 a fair chance?
>
> Not in a rush for Halo Reach but Halo 4 has a lot of hype so yes it should hopefully be returning in big numbers but I think we all know November is going to be a crazy month.

Yeah big month for sure, but not for me, i dont play COD.
So bottom line is…let us hope they do. They deserve a chance right?

If HALO 4 is more like Reach then H2/H3 then most likely the ones that left befor will again .

If HALO 4 is more like H2/H3 then Reach then they will come back and most likely stay .

But I think mostly everyone will be buying Halo 4 .

> But history will repeat itself, and sooner or later the halo 3 servers will be shut down, and they’ll either have to play reach or halo 4.

No history won’t repeat its self because halo 3 doesn’t have servers. It will shut down on the same day as reach and halo 4 which is the day they shut down xbox 360 live.

The way I see it, reach was a bolt of lightening. It should be in a video game archive as a work of art. Bungie crafted the WORST FPS known to man. On even the most fundamental levels, reach fails. It’s just mind boggling how bad the game is. It’s like the most expensive trolling project in history. I would be completely astonished if halo 4 is as bad or worse than reach.