"You stole my kill"

So I was in a match on Team Arena and noticed one of my team mates was in a fire fight with an enemy and it wasn’t going well so I helped him out. The first words out of his mouth were “You stole my Kill” to which I responded “It’s called team work” and he replied “Don’t tell me about team work I know what team work is” then he mumbled something about 7 assists being crap. Later in the match he was again in a fire fight and this time I let it play out I watched his back and killed any enemy’s that tried to ambush him. He lost the fight and stated “Why didn’t you help me?” I was at a loss for words so I said nothing. I was always under the impression you are supposed to help out your fellow team mates. Is this not the case?

My question what is the etiquette when another Spartan is engaging the enemy. Are you supposed to help them or let the battle come to it’s natural conclusion win or lose.

unless someone is stealing a kill while you’re assassinating there is no such thing as stealing kills

enemy is enemy - best dead

Well if they were acting like guy who cares about there k-d and none thing else then don’t help them.

I try to work as a team to take down an enemy. Sure, it’s nice to get the kill, but as a team you have better odds of killing enemies by working as a group (alongside not dying as much).
Some people will probably disagree with this logic.

It matters if you help your team to win

> 2533274971171822;2:
> unless someone is stealing a kill while you’re assassinating there is no such thing as stealing kills
>
> enemy is enemy - best dead

I understand he assassination thing. The only way I will kill someone who is in assassination is if my team mate is about to be hosed by the enemy and there is nothing I can do such as arriving to late to help set up a perimeter because its an easier kill. I didn’t think there was steal killing as there is a team takedown commendation

> 2535409489305717;3:
> Well if they were acting like guy who cares about there kid and none thing else then don’t help them.

I agree.

It’s always best to assume that your teammate needs help and you shoot whoever they’re engaging. If they’re so childish that they accuse you of kill stealing, they can go take a hike and play free for all instead.

> 2533274862479941;6:
> > 2533274971171822;2:
> > unless someone is stealing a kill while you’re assassinating there is no such thing as stealing kills
> >
> > enemy is enemy - best dead
>
>
> I understand he assassination thing. The only way I will kill someone who is in assassination is if my team mate is about to be hosed by the enemy and there is nothing I can do such as arriving to late to help set up a perimeter because its an easier kill. I didn’t think there was steal killing as there is a team takedown commendation
>
>
> > 2535409489305717;3:
> > Well if they were acting like guy who cares about there k-d and none thing else then don’t help them.
>
>
> I agree.
> .

And this is one reason why I do fireteams instead of lone wolfing in MP less.

> 2533274874078365;4:
> I try to work as a team to take down an enemy. Sure, it’s nice to get the kill, but as a team you have better odds of killing enemies by working as a group (alongside not dying as much).
> Some people will probably disagree with this logic.

This so much. I have run into at least 1 person every 2-3 matches who would disagree with this.

I’d ignore any of those people who don’t play like team players. If you’re in a team based game, expect to get your kills “stolen” from you because you’re in a team game. I can understand getting a little aggressive over a kill in infection, because I guess you could count that as a free-for-all game.

> 2535409489305717;8:
> > 2533274862479941;6:
> > > 2533274971171822;2:
> > > unless someone is stealing a kill while you’re assassinating there is no such thing as stealing kills
> > >
> > > enemy is enemy - best dead
> >
> >
> > I understand he assassination thing. The only way I will kill someone who is in assassination is if my team mate is about to be hosed by the enemy and there is nothing I can do such as arriving to late to help set up a perimeter because its an easier kill. I didn’t think there was steal killing as there is a team takedown commendation
> >
> >
> > > 2535409489305717;3:
> > > Well if they were acting like guy who cares about there k-d and none thing else then don’t help them.
> >
> >
> > I agree.
> > .
>
>
> And this is one reason why I do fireteams instead of lone wolfing in MP less.

I am a lone wolf. I can’t seem to work with a fire team so well. I am pretty set in my ways and I don’t want to bring my fire team down with my play style. I am very aggressive and I will give up my life if it mean capturing/saving a strong hold or returning our flag back to base. I’ll even sacrifice my self if it means my team mates can score or get a kill if doing so helps. I mean my kd is miserable. I think I have 12,000 kills and 14,000 deaths.

> 2533274862479941;11:
> > 2535409489305717;8:
> > > 2533274862479941;6:
> > > > 2533274971171822;2:
> > > > unless someone is stealing a kill while you’re assassinating there is no such thing as stealing kills
> > > >
> > > > enemy is enemy - best dead
> > >
> > >
> > > I understand he assassination thing. The only way I will kill someone who is in assassination is if my team mate is about to be hosed by the enemy and there is nothing I can do such as arriving to late to help set up a perimeter because its an easier kill. I didn’t think there was steal killing as there is a team takedown commendation
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2535409489305717;3:
> > > > Well if they were acting like guy who cares about there k-d and none thing else then don’t help them.
> > >
> > >
> > > I agree.
> > > .
> >
> >
> > And this is one reason why I do fireteams instead of lone wolfing in MP less.
>
>
> I am a lone wolf. I can’t seem to work with a fire team so well. I am pretty set in my ways and I don’t want to bring my fire team down with my play style. I am very aggressive and I will give up my life if it mean capturing/saving a strong hold or returning our flag back to base. I’ll even sacrifice my self if it means my team mates can score or get a kill if doing so helps. I mean my kd is miserable. I think I have 12,000 kills and 14,000 deaths.

That’s about the same as mine only due to lone wolfing and not doing fireteams.

That’s exactly why my kd is the way it is. I have found a few Spartans online of late that I have played with pretty well I’m slowly building up the roster. Maybe we can paly sometime.

> 2533274862479941;13:
> That’s exactly why my kd is the way it is. I have found a few Spartans online of late that I have played with pretty well I’m slowly building up the roster. Maybe we can paly sometime.

Sure. I’m fine with it. I have like no friends playing Halo so I’m fine with it.

The only real time it could be considered kill stealing is in FFA because if not then you are just playing as a team.

Tell your friend, “But you wanted it that way.” If he said so the first time. Then let him face the consequences in the second.

Actually, your playing style should not be called “lone wolf”.

Those lone wolf care nothing but there own KDA.

You are a team player.
You just don’t play in a team.

The player you mentioned is just a silly noob. Forget about him.

This sounds like something out of RvB

> 2533274883849234;18:
> This sounds like something out of RvB

Yeah RvB Season 3 Blood Gulch Chronicles Beaver Creek with religious people who want the flag.

Let it play out if that spartan is being a idiot. Otherwise work together to take them down. Hence spartan companies and “team arena”

XO