You should NOT be able to see opponents Pre-Game

Matchmaking/Ranking Issue:

If you re-call in halo 4 when people would see their opponents or would see they aren’t Host they would simply back out of a game at no penalty to the players rank. Obviously seeing Host pre-game is not an issue in Halo MCC since the majority of games should be on Dedicated Servers. But, when the cream rises to the top and players start to recognize other players, some people will choose to just back out and not play a “difficult” game in order to conserve their rank. This ruins competitive halo.

In fact in Halo 4 you could quit out at no penalty as well in pre-game or mid-game.
I realize at this time when there are so many other issues with Halo MCC and that this is a bottom of the list gripe, but when the game is fixed and the ranks are implemented, if you can back out after seeing your opponent pre-game or in game at no penalty it will fundamentally break the ranking system.

Possible Fixes:

Option 1: Show “Matched Player” instead of a players gamer tag pre-game prior to being locked in at the map voting stage, if you back out at the map voting stage you get a loss. (This is the method used in Original Halo 2 Classic back in the day)

Option 2: If you back out after searching even prior to the Voting Screen you will be counted for a Loss. (The con of this method is that if you decide to go play customs after searching you will be penalized, the pro is that this method will probably take less work on 343’s end).

Visible ranks encourage playability, a flawed ranking system reduces a ranks credibility and how players assess them. Please take time to look into the aforementioned issues.

If you’re not getting paid to play Halo competitively, it really doesn’t matter. If you’re getting matched up with significantly better opponents, you should relish the opportunity to rise to the challenge. It is a learning experience that will raise your own skill level in the long run. I think most people would agree that matchmaking was a lot better when you were penalized for quitting or backing out of a game. Halo Reach and Halo 4 completely bastardized the competitive nature of the game.

This OP’s issue is the least of 343’s problems in MCC… a tiny minority would want this implemented. if your not a pro gamer, no one cares who your playing against, majority of players right now just wanna play the game without glitches and crashes, and quickly find matches. no one cares about people preserving ranks when everyones ranks keep resetting anyways!

I think they should keep them all as they were originally.

If the Halo allowed you to see players in pre-game, it should continue to do so.

Don’t speak logic on these forums.

You’re absolutely right. I agree 110% - you shouldn’t see your opponents until it’s a locked game.

Its annoying when try hard babies back out because they’re only worried about their k/d and never want a competitive match.

Its not not just for pro players, it’s for anyone that wants competitive play.

Too bad this game is such a cluster that they’ll probably never get around to the finer details like this. Unfortunately that is why this will never be a great game.

> 2533274803817067;4:
> I think they should keep them all as they were originally.
>
> If the Halo allowed you to see players in pre-game, it should continue to do so.

This. In Halo 2 you could see your opponents and chat with them before the game. I missed the pre-game banter so much, and I’m glad it’s back. It was part of the original experience and should be now as well.

I guess the majority of you have reading issues. My post states, “I realize at this time when there are so many other issues with Halo MCC that this is a bottom of the list gripe, but when the game is fixed and the ranks are implemented, if you can back out after seeing your opponent pre-game or in game at no penalty it will fundamentally break the ranking system.”

This has nothing to do with pro players, if anything casuals enjoy ranking up more so than pro gamers. Pro gamers stick with each other and run customs 99% of the time, the only reason they would run matchmaking is if their team isn’t online, a warm up, or with viewers while streaming.
I have no issue with “sticking to the original” but in Halo 2 classic you would see matched player until the game started. You couldn’t see your opponent and if you backed out upon seeing your opponent or map/game type it counted as a loss.
A proper working ranking system is what keeps playing playing. See Halo 2/Halo 3.

I agree.

I also don’t think you should get to vote on the map/gametype… In H2-anniversary no one votes for skirmish games, only slayer!!! And i love CTF