You seriously can't change the Flood weapons?

According to A3LeggedGoat, who has the game, the Flood’s weapons cannot be changed.

Are you kidding me? What about the HUGE community of custom gamers who used infection for things other than just zombies? Have we all been ignored? You can’t even play -Yoinking!- cop’s and robbers! Or trash compactor! Or Halo on Halo! Plus literally hundreds of others!

I’m -Yoinking!- pissed. My favorite part of Halo for both me and all my friends are custom infection games, and you limit them for literally no reason. How hard is it to switch back the player model when you give them weapons? What kind of fan support is that? This is just like (albeit much worse)in Reach where there was no Alpha Zombie option at launch.

You guys best be preparing one of those title updates if you actually want people to play the game for more than 6 months. Though, judging by the map pack release dates you guys don’t care after that as you (or more accurately Microsoft) already have our money. I’d hate to see my favorite series go down this road, it does not make me optimistic for the rest of the trilogy.

I agree that there should be a seperate infection mode, I hope they add it in eventually.

This is disappointing beyond words.

Read the halo bulletin, they can do small title updates whenever possible.

> Read the halo bulletin, they can do small title updates whenever possible.

I know, I just want to be damn sure that this is changed as soon as possible by letting them know how disappointing this is.

I am a competitive player at heart, I don’t like or play infection but I empathize for those who enjoy it. I hope you guys get a patch for what you want, customization is never a bad thing.

I have honestly never heard of Cops and Robbers.

I’m sure there will be a way to make all your gametypes and what have you. Don’t sweat it.

> I have honestly never heard of Cops and Robbers.
>
> I’m sure there will be a way to make all your gametypes and what have you. Don’t sweat it.

Let’s just say it’s a very… non-vocal community. But honestly there’s no way that this affects a small amount of people, as I played more custom matches in both Halo 3 and Reach then anything else and with thousands of different people.

There is no race game-type either

Agreed i played customs rarely but i know there is a huge custom game fanbase and it’s mostly infection based.

> There is no race game-type either

At least King of the Hill can be used decently for race, but Infection had options unlike any other mode that made it so flexible.

I post my support for a TU that implements more customisable infection gametypes, even if that means normal character models for everything but Flood mode. I have had loads of fun playing Infection gametypes in Custom Games on Forged maps that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the ‘default’ Infection mode (now Flood). I was disappointed that Halo: Reach removed objects from the Forge pallet that made maps like Death Path and Jenga Tower possible! Let alone this…

Halo 4 is shaping up to be awesome IMO, but this is a big let down…

There are very technical reasons for why you cannot give Flood different weapons (or no weapon) and I could go into that if you’d like (though, the poster above me did outline one key solution that I wish 343 would consider), but for now I’ll throw in my two cents.

I mentioned this in another thread recently, but I’d like to ask… where were you guys in Reach? Why did the community’s willingness to organize constant custom games completely vanish? Quite honestly, you have a far better chance of getting an invite to a Fat Kid/Cops N Robbers/etc custom in Halo 3 than Reach right now. When Halo 4 releases and you’re disappointed that you can’t play 16-player infection matches or something, start up a custom lobby and start mass inviting people. Bring back the “inviting recent players” trend. People still love these gametypes (not the screaming kids that oft inhabit them of course) but when underground gametypes like these appear to be so dormant, it’s pretty hard for the community to get excited over them.

I think the custom options is what H4 seems to be lacking right now. No classic CTF, Assault of options for games like Flood. Hopefully it will get updated, as in the long run its a massive shortcoming.

> There are very technical reasons for why you cannot give Flood different weapons (or no weapon) and I could go into that if you’d like, but for now I’ll throw in my two cents.
>
> I mentioned this in another thread recently, but I’d like to ask… where were you guys in Reach? Why did the community’s willingness to organize constant custom games completely vanish? Quite honestly, you have a far better chance of getting an invite to a Fat Kid/Cops N Robbers/etc custom in Halo 3 than Reach right now. When Halo 4 releases and you’re disappointed that you can’t play 16-player infection matches or something, start up a custom lobby and start mass inviting people. Bring back the “inviting recent players” trend. People still love these gametypes (not the screaming kids that oft inhabit them of course) but when underground gametypes like these appear to be so dormant, it’s pretty hard for the community to get excited over them.

What kind of technical reasons? Just put in the same Infection as before in addition to Flood.

And honestly I played Customs all the time in Reach with my school friends, and I think part of the reason why that community kind of fell apart from the glory days of Halo 3(good times) was the limited Forge options(1 map with an ugly gray color that didn’t include pallets or barriers, which were used surprisingly frequently) in addition to the fluke Bungie had with the Alpha Zombie option. It seems that this is the same sort of fluke.

Also, it could easily be attributed to the severe lack of communication online which is largely the fault of parties, as in Halo 3 there was a fair amount of time before the introduction of parties where one could meet cool guys to play customs with, and they would invite their friends who’d I’d in turn become friends with, and their friends would invite their friends, and it would just grow, like an infection.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

damn, the community can find anything to -yoink- about.

> There are very technical reasons for why you cannot give Flood different weapons (or no weapon) and I could go into that if you’d like (though, the poster above me did outline one key solution that I wish 343 would consider), but for now I’ll throw in my two cents.

I would sincerely like you to give one -Yoink!- good reason that they can’t duplicate what was possible in Halo 3 and in Reach, just because the skins have changed.

I’d really, REALLY love for you to come up with a reason that makes any sense at all.

> I mentioned this in another thread recently, but I’d like to ask… where were you guys in Reach? Why did the community’s willingness to organize constant custom games completely vanish? Quite honestly, you have a far better chance of getting an invite to a Fat Kid/Cops N Robbers/etc custom in Halo 3 than Reach right now. When Halo 4 releases and you’re disappointed that you can’t play 16-player infection matches or something, start up a custom lobby and start mass inviting people. Bring back the “inviting recent players” trend. People still love these gametypes (not the screaming kids that oft inhabit them of course) but when underground gametypes like these appear to be so dormant, it’s pretty hard for the community to get excited over them.

Reach’s customs sucked so hard that it wasn’t really possible to do anything remotely fun with them. All the options were broken, and Infection was totally broken because the same people were zeds every damn time.

Halo 3 was amazing because the options worked and we had plenty of them. Halo 4 is not only becoming more constricting than Reach (I didn’t think that was possible), but we have no guarantee of anything getting added or fixed.

-Yoinking!- unreal is what this is. I can’t believe 343 is shafting the custom gamers so hard and not even having the common decency to acknowledge it or even say sorry.

-Yoinks!-.

I have absolutely no interest in playing infection, whether it be matchmaking or custom, yet i completely agree with you OP. this is ridiculous and completely unacceptable. 343 is shaping h4 to be played the way they want it, and removing far too many custom game options. there should be absolutely no reason why you can’t create infection game types in custom games, and there should be absolutely no reason why i can’t create a no sprint, no bloom, classic CTF game type in custom games. literally no reason. i feel your pain OP.

> damn, the community can find anything to -yoink- about.

Go and post this unconstructive comment in a thread that deserves it. This OP’s complaint is very valid.

> I have absolutely no interest in playing infection, whether it be matchmaking or custom, yet i completely agree with you OP. this is ridiculous and completely unacceptable. 343 is shaping h4 to be played the way they want it, and removing far too many custom game options. there should be absolutely no reason why you can’t create infection game types in custom games, and there should be absolutely no reason why i can’t create a no sprint, no bloom, classic CTF game type in custom games. literally no reason. i feel your pain OP.

Not being able to turn off sprint is the biggest rage inducer.

What the actual -Yoink-? Do they just not give a single fleeting -Yoink- about custom gamers? What’s the reasoning? Why are they doing this to us and why can’t we seem to get their attention about it?