You see failure. I see room for improvment.

I’d like to start off that I think that Halo 4 is an excellent game, especially for 343. Awesome campaign and multiplayer. However, do I think it is perfect? Nope. Do I think I think it could be the best? It could have been. Does it have potential? Yes it does. As every game, Halo 4 has its flaws and things that people don’t like, but people like different things. I know that 343 tried to make Halo easier to play and for people to already be a pro at the game by just picking up the controller, but things can change in the future. Words came from Frank O’Connor’s mouth saying the following. “We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this and we will”. This came from an interview regarding Halo 5 from the press.

343 has added as many modernized gameplay elements that a Halo game could take and we the forum have given feedback on nearly all the drastic changes 343 decided to go with. Better to start out rough than have blunders in the future because now 343 knows what we like and don’t like now. They know where they messed up and they know where they succeeded. Halo has always had improvements with blunders. Who knows maybe 343 can hit the nail on the head with Halo 5? Think of Halo 4 as a beta. Incomplete, used to test mechanics and other variables for feedback from their fans and that is exactly what is happening as we speak. 343 is listening, but what they are trying to do takes time. Halo 4 has its flaws yes, their are things that people, even i don’t like about it, but it is still a Halo game not COD in space as some Forum Trolls like to call it.

TL:DR- Halo 4 has its flaws, but 343 knows about them. 343 is recording the Do’s and Don’ts for their next Halo. They know…

Exactly. This is 343s first major video game. Imagine if they take all the criticism and apply it to their next project? It’s going to be incredible. Bungie only improved with each Halo game and 343i can easily do the same.

No where but up, my friends!

SOMEONE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS ME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

343 are listening to us:

I know it took them a little while but they are fixing the game as we speak. The boxes on the “missing content in Halo 4” list are slowing being ticked off and this “CSR” system (Aka Highest Skill 2.0) should keep the competitive community satisfied!
I’m just hoping that it will appear next to the in-game SR on your Spartan ID so other matchmaking player in the lobby can instantly know how good you are (that was the original purpose of it).

Personally, I feel this game will be completely flawless if they did the following:

• If it is possible, fix the lighting so the players do not look like they glow even if they are in the shade.

• Wargames should introduce double exp playlists, classic slayer with no loudouts or sprint, and Highest skill level aside everyone’s SR.

• Fix the weapon lowering mechanics and possibly introduce a machinima slayer variant that allows online players to lower their weapons. Maybe introduce playable elite models.

• Theatre needs to disable kill feeds and the announcer in free camera mode.

• Infection needs more customisation. eg. Changeable player colours, flood weapons, loudout traits, flood appearance etc. Maybe even make a player turn into an elite.

• Bring back gametypes such as “Insane”, “Race”, “One Flag”, “Assault”, “Invasion” and “Classic Flag”.

• Introduce Mark VI GEN 2 armour (Halo 4 Master Chief Armour) into multiplayer. I have no idea why they didn’t do it in the first place.

• Reduce DMR hitscan/auto-aim by 20% and up BR, no-scoped light rifle, covenant carbine, and storm rifle damage by 5%.

I really wish this community was a lot more patient than it is now.

People are forgetting how much Halo 2 sucked yoink at launch. Bugs, glitches, inconsistent guns, broken melee system, ect. It only became the great game that we now remember it to be after Bungie updated it. Although I dont think Halo 4 is as bad as Halo 2 prepatch, it does have some problems.

Through 343i’s careful tending and through community support and feedback this game can become truly amazing. But people need to stop yoinking and give constructive criticism and they need to support the game. This game is a little under 3 months old, it’s not that long, people need to chill a little and let this game grow.

Further more with continued support from the community Halo 5 and 6 could be “THE” games of the next gen.

Halo 4 has potential, it just sucked that it wasn’t really as complete as I would expect a new AAA title to be. Halo 4 is far from a failure.

As much as we the community should be patient, so should have 343 and Microsoft. Give yourselves or the developers more time next time. Don’t just rush out a product to compete with other fall titles. Good games will sell well regardless of the time frame there released in.

> People are forgetting how much Halo 2 sucked yoink at launch. Bugs, glitches, inconsistent guns, broken melee system, ect. It only became the great game that we now remember it to be after Bungie updated it. Although I dont think Halo 4 is as bad as Halo 2 prepatch, it does have some problems.
>
> Through 343i’s careful tending and through community support and feedback this game can become truly amazing. But people need to stop yoinking and give constructive criticism and they need to support the game. This game is a little under 3 months old, it’s not that long, people need to chill a little and let this game grow.
>
> Further more with continued support from the community Halo 5 and 6 could be “THE” games of the next gen.

Totally agree with you.

But to those how say “ITS THE WORST MOMENT IN HALO HISTORY”. Lets be fair. It’s their first game. They didn’t even do a public beta. Halo 4 on launch day was a great game (in my opinion). But the response on updates needed to be faster I would admit.

Halo: Reach in my mind had A LOT worse times.

Remember ARMOUR LOCK?

Remember DMR BLOOM?

Remember SWORD BLOCKING??

Remember the painfully slow 2 flag games of Hemorrhage?

We had to wait a whole year for 343/Bungie to slowly fix these problems. I believe we are getting MUCH better treatment this time round.

My only exception is the file browser.

Reach was great in my opinion. But Halo 4 is also a lot better than Reach too in my opinion, and possibly up with the greatness of Halo 3 standards.

I personally love all the updates that are coming in the next few months. Competitive playlist, CSR (even though it won’t be in game), new SMALL maps, Community Forge maps in playlist, File Share coming online, updating of playlist for the more competitive players.

I think with these changes coming Halo 4 is well on its way to be the game we hoped it would be.

I will let you know mid February.

I totally agree. 343 has made some mistakes with Halo 4, but they’re working on fixing them. I’m sure Halo 5 will be better.

i only trust bungie but if 343 make majestic map pack successful then they have my trust.

> I totally agree. 343 has made some mistakes with Halo 4, but they’re working on fixing them. I’m sure Halo 5 will be better.

Yes. I have a feeling that 343 knows what to do now from their mistakes. I believe they can perfect an evolved Halo.

Great post! Too much negativity on these forums. Glad to see someone with something positive and constructive to say.

Like before <343

> i only trust bungie but if 343 make majestic map pack successful then they have my trust.

They promised small maps. Small maps can be competetive maps as well. Hope they make em good.

As long as Halo 5 isn’t rushed like halo 4 to compete with the unbeatable cod series it will be good. The reason why people hate this game is because 343 failed to innovate anyway. They just removed, stripped downed and worsened everything in the game.

Halo 5 will be launched on the next-gen Xbox and if it is only slightly better than halo 4 that will be a complete FAIL in many fans eyes.

> As long as Halo 5 isn’t rushed like halo 4 to compete with the unbeatable cod series it will be good. The reason why people hate this game is because 343 failed to innovate anyway. They just removed, stripped downed and worsened everything in the game.
>
> Halo 5 will be launched on the next-gen Xbox and if it is only slightly better than halo 4 that will be a complete FAIL in many fans eyes.

The FPS genre needs to stop competing with each other so much, let CoD be release early again and again and then release Halo 5 in a year with no new CoD game. Less competition means more players and more testers, so when the next major FPS comes along, Halo is already at full speed and mows it down.

Halo needs more space, hopefully the next-gen Xbox give it that.

PS. Watching AGL now, it’s pretty fun!