You really Screwed up with this one.

This ranking system has to be the worst I have ever witnessed. I just watched a player that went 4-16 in team arena get placed Champion 1 after winning 5 out of 10 games. How in the world does that happen? I win 7 out of 10 and got onyx. 343 you royally screwed this one. The new map is absolute garbage that never deserves to be in team arena. It isn’t competitive and literally is an awful experience. What was wrong with the 1-50 ranking? You had competitive games with teammates that actually knew how to play. Now you get an onyx that probably deserves to be a gold ranking. I am utterly shocked that I just witnessed that player get champion one off of placement. He wasn’t good at all at best deserved platinum ranking. 343 you need to reevaluate this ranking system entirely because nobody gets competitive games if the “number one player” in team arena is dropping 4-16 on strongholds. You can’t run alone and you can’t run without a team of four due the terrible ranking system that matches players that are 10 times worse than you in the same division.

#ONYX put with bronze

> 2533274922918809;2:
> #ONYX put with bronze

Before the reset, I (a Diamond 1) was repeatedly matched with Gold’s and even a few Silver’s and Bronze’s.

P.S, I’ve always liked shrews.

I highly doubt someone got placed at champion 1… I just looked at the CSR leaderboards and all the champs are very, very good players that I recognize.

> 2533274846642589;1:
> This ranking system has to be the worst I have ever witnessed. I just watched a player that went 4-16 in team arena get placed Champion 1 after winning 5 out of 10 games. How in the world does that happen? I win 7 out of 10 and got onyx. 343 you royally screwed this one. The new map is absolute garbage that never deserves to be in team arena. It isn’t competitive and literally is an awful experience. What was wrong with the 1-50 ranking? You had competitive games with teammates that actually knew how to play. Now you get an onyx that probably deserves to be a gold ranking. I am utterly shocked that I just witnessed that player get champion one off of placement. He wasn’t good at all at best deserved platinum ranking. 343 you need to reevaluate this ranking system entirely because nobody gets competitive games if the “number one player” in team arena is dropping 4-16 on strongholds. You can’t run alone and you can’t run without a team of four due the terrible ranking system that matches players that are 10 times worse than you in the same division.

I won 7 out of 10 and did positive every game and got plat 1. wtf are you serious.

It is what it us. Deal with it.

That doesn’t sound right. As much as I would think that the CSR doesn’t matter/mean anything, I too would get mad seeing someone who did terrible in one game get a very high rank such as Champion.

what everyone will say about every addition to the franchise forever. LOL

> 2533274856454931;3:
> > 2533274922918809;2:
> > #ONYX put with bronze
>
>
> Before the reset, I (a Diamond 1) was repeatedly matched with Gold’s and even a few Silver’s and Bronze’s.
>
> P.S, I’ve always liked shrews.

Smile for today found

> 2533274856454931;3:
> > 2533274922918809;2:
> > #ONYX put with bronze
>
>
> Before the reset, I (a Diamond 1) was repeatedly matched with Gold’s and even a few Silver’s and Bronze’s.
>
> P.S, I’ve always liked shrews.

It doesn’t matter what your icon says for matchmaking, what matters is your CSR.

I noticed you said this in another thread (it’s locked so I can’t post there): “I’d say that over-ranking is much worse. At least if you get under-ranked you can work your way up to where you ought to be. If you’re over-ranked, you’re stuck playing against much better players until the next season.”

That’s not how it works. ONLY the little picture stays the same, your real rank still goes down.

That’s likely why you were facing lower ranks, because you weren’t actually a Diamond 1 by the end of the season. You just got there once so the game let you continue looking at the same icon so nobody’s feelings get hurt.

> 2533274834881503;10:
> > 2533274856454931;3:
> > > 2533274922918809;2:
> > > #ONYX put with bronze
> >
> >
> > Before the reset, I (a Diamond 1) was repeatedly matched with Gold’s and even a few Silver’s and Bronze’s.
> >
> > P.S, I’ve always liked shrews.
>
>
> It doesn’t matter what your icon says for matchmaking, what matters is your CSR.
>
> I noticed you said this in another thread (it’s locked so I can’t post there): “I’d say that over-ranking is much worse. At least if you get under-ranked you can work your way up to where you ought to be. If you’re over-ranked, you’re stuck playing against much better players until the next season.”
>
> That’s not how it works. ONLY the little picture stays the same, your real rank still goes down.
>
> That’s likely why you were facing lower ranks, because you weren’t actually a Diamond 1 by the end of the season. You just got there once so the game let you continue looking at the same icon so nobody’s feelings get hurt.

It only goes down to a certain point, so in a way he is right. Your CSR contributes to whether or not you move up or down, but if you lose enough times at diamond one, for example, your CSR ceases to go down.

Hmm

obviously you people don’t understand the ranking system… Your first ten placement matches have nothing to do with how many wins you have but on your individual skill and even if you go 15 and 3 it doesn’t mean you will be ranked highly because it could have ranked you against bronze people. If however you went 15 and 3 against an onyx then that would rank you highly especially if you keep it up.

I believe the placement matches dont go off w/l…i think they are more individual stats…IDK though…

> 2533274793613608;6:
> It is what it us. Deal with it.

That is the wrong way to look at it. They have made it worse and it is only making the playing experience worse.

> 2533274963935050;4:
> I highly doubt someone got placed at champion 1… I just looked at the CSR leaderboards and all the champs are very, very good players that I recognize.

He may have lost it now but I swear to you he got placed champion 1. I can’t make this stuff up. He went 4-16 and then I look he is champion one with 10 games played. He had lost 5 of those 10.

> 2535415305234137;13:
> obviously you people don’t understand the ranking system… Your first ten placement matches have nothing to do with how many wins you have but on your individual skill and even if you go 15 and 3 it doesn’t mean you will be ranked highly because it could have ranked you against bronze people. If however you went 15 and 3 against an onyx then that would rank you highly especially if you keep it up.

Well bad players are getting placed onyx that shouldn’t be placed onyx and you can’t de rank from onyx…

> 2533274807304277;7:
> That doesn’t sound right. As much as I would think that the CSR doesn’t matter/mean anything, I too would get mad seeing someone who did terrible in one game get a very high rank such as Champion.

I can’t make it up man…he may have lost champion now but he won 5 out of 10 games and got placed number one.

> 2533274846642589;1:
> This ranking system has to be the worst I have ever witnessed. I just watched a player that went 4-16 in team arena get placed Champion 1 after winning 5 out of 10 games. How in the world does that happen? I win 7 out of 10 and got onyx. 343 you royally screwed this one. The new map is absolute garbage that never deserves to be in team arena. It isn’t competitive and literally is an awful experience. What was wrong with the 1-50 ranking? You had competitive games with teammates that actually knew how to play. Now you get an onyx that probably deserves to be a gold ranking. I am utterly shocked that I just witnessed that player get champion one off of placement. He wasn’t good at all at best deserved platinum ranking. 343 you need to reevaluate this ranking system entirely because nobody gets competitive games if the “number one player” in team arena is dropping 4-16 on strongholds. You can’t run alone and you can’t run without a team of four due the terrible ranking system that matches players that are 10 times worse than you in the same division.

I won 6 games out of 10 and got Gold 1

I’m 99.9% sure the highest rank you can get to from placement matches is onyx, then from that the top 200 gets promoted to champion, and if they loose their place then they get thrown back into onyx.

The cutoff for champion is about 2100 in onyx, at least it was in pre-season.

So unless he played super early in the season when less than 200 people were placed in onyx (and therefore would automatically qualify for champion), that’s impossible.