You really listen to the fans? huh

I am sure there are a hundred threads screaming in outrage over the recently released news and to be honest they all have a right to be outraged. Why? Because you don’t listen to the core audience of halo at all! You said this game wasn’t going to be borrowing anything from call of duty yet you don’t even change the name of your new game mode because you’re being honest, you took it straight from them. Players were ticked off at reach and you didn’t listen to the core audience when you were fixing it either. Instead you just look at one page of forum complaints and decide to tweak a little thing and continually dumb down halo. You take away the ranking system in halo 3, you further strip it from us in halo reach, you continually make the game dumber and dumber. Stop making the game for stupid incompetent players, stop rewarding people for being bad.

Now lets look what your doing in halo 4. You’re taking away the timed death so bad players who get killed can instantly respawn and kill the better player who wasn’t given a chance to heal. Let’s be honest there won’t be a 1-50 ranking system because you don’t want to hurt bad players feelings. You make weapon spawns random so better players who learn the maps and layouts can’t time weapons spawns, again dumbing the game down for the worse player. Your changing the game mode so its more like call of duty where wins will no longer matter! Instead people won’t care if they win or lose because they’ll only care about their damn spartan points, and since people can further drop out whenever this further confirms there isn’t any weight to winning or losing!!! Then you still have jetpack and camo as armor abilities. Camo is way overpowered just as overpowered as amour lock was and you left jetpack in their for idiots to fly around and do nothing but distract, oh wait your awarding them for that mindless stupidity.

I don’t even want to begin on campaign which I am sure there are only 5 levels of master chief’s campaign and I’m sure they aren’t all recon missions right?

Stop going for the larger audience by being unoriginal, originality is the game that wins. People don’t want another call of duty they want a Halo.

Oh, shut up. If you feel ignored, go cry to some other developer. Unless you like getting attention from me :slight_smile:

Halo 4 will be awesome.

Get rid of AA’s [jet pack] and bring back 1-50 and ill be happy I think most everyone would. Two easy things to do for the fans.

> I don’t even want to begin on campaign which I am sure there are only 5 levels of master chief’s campaign and I’m sure they aren’t all recon missions right?

You know more about the campaign than I do apparently… I thought the campaign was going to be epic and long.

Also as of this post, the people saying “no” are up 7-2.

There are just as many if not more people excited about these changes than people who hate them.
They just don’t keep posting the same repetitive thread.
Just look at one thread telling all the haters to calm down. There are 20+ thanks on most of them.

This thread reeks of ignorance… Let me start by commenting at the whole “not listening to the audience to fix Halo after Reach” thing. From what I can see, they most definitely listened to the fans. They removed Bloom, Armour Lock, visible health + the need to have health packs as well as made the game faster paced, which were the main concerns with the game. And you can’t put the blame on 343 Industries for the ranking system in Reach, since they had nothing to do with it.

Secondly, the instant respawn time will not appear in objective games, and hasn’t even been confirmed to appear in Slayer. The only place where we know for sure it will be a part of the game is in the new gametype (I forget the name, sorry). The weapon spawns have also been said to not be completely random, but actually follow a pattern and can be predicted. This way, you can still figure out the layout and use “skill” to get to the power weapons before anybody else.

And what’s wrong about people not caring about winning or losing? Last I checked, video games weren’t super serious business where you absolutely had to win, no matter the cost. Games are about having fun, not “OMGZ I NEEDZ TO WINZ ALL TEH GAEMS!!!”, for most people anyway.

And your comments about armour abilities. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they won’t work exactly the same way they did in Reach? That they would be tweaked according to what fans have said? It’s like people assuming that the DMR will have bloom on the sole basis of it having bloom in Halo Reach. Frankie even said himself that they wouldn’t work the same way as in Halo Reach, so you should really wait to play the game or to see gameplay before judging.

I’m not even going to comment on your campaign bashing, since it seems you want to get mad at something for the sole purpose of being angry without using any logic to see why you’re wrong.

And lastly, a lot of the Halo players (including myself) are liking the direction the game is taking. Believe it or not, but the 100 or so active members on this forum are NOT the majority of players, and do NOT represent the opinions of said majority.

Couldn’t have said it better myself! 100% AGREE!!! Stop making the game noob friendly, you take something beautiful like Halo 3 and crush it before are very eyes. I love halo and always have, but the future is looking dark to me, and others that agree.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

BTW: Everyone who doesn’t care about the changes, weren’t/aren’t long time Halo fans, so they are too IGNORANT to understand.

hmmm no dual wielding and no armor lock i wonder where they got the idea to take these things out? oh the community…

> I am sure there are a hundred threads screaming in outrage over the recently released news and to be honest they all have a right to be outraged. Why? Because you don’t listen to the core audience of halo at all! You said this game wasn’t going to be borrowing anything from call of duty yet you don’t even change the name of your new game mode because you’re being honest, you took it straight from them. Players were ticked off at reach and you didn’t listen to the core audience when you were fixing it either. Instead you just look at one page of forum complaints and decide to tweak a little thing and continually dumb down halo. You take away the ranking system in halo 3, you further strip it from us in halo reach, you continually make the game dumber and dumber. Stop making the game for stupid incompetent players, stop rewarding people for being bad.
>
> Now lets look what your doing in halo 4. You’re taking away the timed death so bad players who get killed can instantly respawn and kill the better player who wasn’t given a chance to heal. Let’s be honest there won’t be a 1-50 ranking system because you don’t want to hurt bad players feelings. You make weapon spawns random so better players who learn the maps and layouts can’t time weapons spawns, again dumbing the game down for the worse player. Your changing the game mode so its more like call of duty where wins will no longer matter! Instead people won’t care if they win or lose because they’ll only care about their damn spartan points, and since people can further drop out whenever this further confirms there isn’t any weight to winning or losing!!! Then you still have jetpack and camo as armor abilities. Camo is way overpowered just as overpowered as amour lock was and you left jetpack in their for idiots to fly around and do nothing but distract, oh wait your awarding them for that mindless stupidity.
>
> <mark>I don’t even want to begin on campaign which I am sure there are only 5 levels of master chief’s campaign and I’m sure they aren’t all recon missions right?</mark>
>
> Stop going for the larger audience by being unoriginal, originality is the game that wins. People don’t want another call of duty they want a Halo.

I… I can’t… how… what?

We have absolutely NO information on the campaign. What are you even basing this off?

EDIT: @Hotrod192, I agree with everything you said.

If any thing

Game informer articles before the details about halo 4 were getting like 3 to 4 stars… and the comments were like

“They are still making these games.”
“Stop playing at halo 3”
“stop Playing at halo 2”
“lolHalo”

Now its like almost 5 star articles.
“Im excited for this game”
“Rage i hate these changes COD LKJDKLJFLDK”
“Looking forward to picking up this game”
“Finally halo is finally getting the update it deserves Got bored after 3”

So people are really excited about halo 4. I know I am, and I am skeptical of the changes but I need to see more. IF its not my in my flavor. There is classic playlist, but honestly Im going to give these changes a try. At least no more Armor locking… thank god.

> Get rid of AA’s [jet pack] and bring back 1-50 and ill be happy I think most everyone would. Two easy things to do for the fans.

One more easy thing: do away with sprint. There you go, all done. :slight_smile:

> BTW: Everyone who doesn’t care about the changes, weren’t/aren’t long time Halo fans, so they are too IGNORANT to understand.

Hi, I’m Hotrod. I’ve been playing Halo since Halo 1 and have played thousands of Halo games online from Halo PC (including Custom Edition), Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo Reach. I’ve been there from the beginning and am therefore a long time Halo fan. I am very much looking forward to Halo 4 and the changes it will bring.

It’s called an opinion, some of us have different ones than you. Deal with it rather than insult those who don’t agree with you.

> BTW: Everyone who doesn’t care about the changes, weren’t/aren’t long time Halo fans, so they are too IGNORANT to understand.

dude i have played halo all my life since halo ce so how about you shut up cause i like the new features personally and you havent played the game and neither have i but so we cant judge based on what little information we have now can we? oh wait actually you can but that sir makes you the IGNORANT one

> I am sure there are a hundred threads screaming in outrage over the recently released news and to be honest they all have a right to be outraged. Why? Because you don’t listen to the core audience of halo at all! You said this game wasn’t going to be borrowing anything from call of duty yet you don’t even change the name of your new game mode because you’re being honest, you took it straight from them. Players were ticked off at reach and you didn’t listen to the core audience when you were fixing it either. Instead you just look at one page of forum complaints and decide to tweak a little thing and continually dumb down halo. You take away the ranking system in halo 3, you further strip it from us in halo reach, you continually make the game dumber and dumber. Stop making the game for stupid incompetent players, stop rewarding people for being bad.
>
> Now lets look what your doing in halo 4. You’re taking away the timed death so bad players who get killed can instantly respawn and kill the better player who wasn’t given a chance to heal. Let’s be honest there won’t be a 1-50 ranking system because you don’t want to hurt bad players feelings. You make weapon spawns random so better players who learn the maps and layouts can’t time weapons spawns, again dumbing the game down for the worse player. Your changing the game mode so its more like call of duty where wins will no longer matter! Instead people won’t care if they win or lose because they’ll only care about their damn spartan points, and since people can further drop out whenever this further confirms there isn’t any weight to winning or losing!!! Then you still have jetpack and camo as armor abilities. Camo is way overpowered just as overpowered as amour lock was and you left jetpack in their for idiots to fly around and do nothing but distract, oh wait your awarding them for that mindless stupidity.
>
> I don’t even want to begin on campaign which I am sure there are only 5 levels of master chief’s campaign and I’m sure they aren’t all recon missions right?
>
> Stop going for the larger audience by being unoriginal, originality is the game that wins. People don’t want another call of duty they want a Halo.

I would like to clarify that we don’t know how spawn placement works in Halo 4, so you can’t really bash instant spawns yet. You also have no idea whether instant spawns will be in all gametypes either.

Also, regarding weapon spawns, Frankie confirmed that they aren’t actually random, they are sort of in a cycle. Which means they ARE in fact predictable. It just adds a whole new level of map control. Plus based on the recent game informer video of Halo 4, there is much speculation that way points will point out where the weapons will drop before they actually do (similar to firefight ordinance drops).

And, “dumbing down the gamemodes”? You, nor I know anything about the gamemodes, besides that there is a gametype called Regicide. So instead of talking out of ignorance, wouldn’t it be better to wait until you hear more?

Regarding Spartan Points and Armor Abilities. You can’t really judge them for what they are… Spartan Points are just like a form of credit system that many games have used before and continue to use. That does not mean that Halo 4 won’t have some form of ranked playlists if that is what you are worried about. Plus the game will most likely ship with playlists that have armor abilities and playlists that don’t. If you don’t like 'em, play the vanilla playlists I guess. Also, we know nothing of how these armor abilities will be balanced.

And 5 Level Campaign? Who told you this? No one? At this point it’s incredibly unwise to throw around blind accusations…

What Mr. Wonka thinks

If only i knew you in person… I would hit you so hard for making that statement.I have been playing from the very start… The new changes are a good idea. Yes i love the old school halo but this is a new trilogy and new company… Lets bring some new ideas and see if it works… Your just mad you can’t camp weapons anymore… Now get over it.

I think the reason why 343 wouldn’t listen to the Halo fans is because of people like you who have no faith in the company and want them to jump through hoops till you are satisfied.

Erm, I’ve played since 2001, and I’m really happy with the way halo 4 is coming along …

You’re more “ignorant” for moaning about 343i’s hard work !

> > BTW: Everyone who doesn’t care about the changes, weren’t/aren’t long time Halo fans, so they are too IGNORANT to understand.
>
> If only i knew you in person… I would hit you so hard for making that statement.I have been playing from the very start… The new changes are a good idea. Yes i love the old school halo but this is a new trilogy and new company… Lets bring some new ideas and see if it works… Your just mad you can’t camp weapons anymore… Now get over it.

Smart players never camp the spawns of a weapon.

Its called setting up… You time the weapon and when it exactly drops for spawns. You rush for it.