You Love Halo: But Halo 4?

I’ve played through every Campaign in this Franchise, and absolutely love the storyline.

I played 7,000 games in Reach. DMR’d kids to death. 92% commendations. Laughed at the AL’ers. And I will be the first to admit that game was bad.

But let me tell you where I am at with 343’s Halo 4.

It is 2am here in the Northeast, and it’s a blizzard outside. Currently I am typing this post on a laptop, while my xbox live connection … is mysteriously not working.

I cannot play Halo 4 right now.

… and I don’t even -Yoinking!- care.

I’m about to go fall asleep to reruns of SMU blowing out Fresno State in the Hawaii Bowl, with 10,000 Danny Koker-endorsed commercials in between instead. Because I think that may be more entertaining.

As a Halo fan, should a game I spent $100 on really mean this little to me? I honestly don’t know how to express my disappointment in this game.

But I liked Reach. :frowning:

Anyways, H4 is a pretty good game, but I will agree that in some aspects of the game, it is disappointing.

A few tweaks here and there will satisfy me though.

Hope you have a great nights rest, OP! :slight_smile:

Quick question: How old are you OP?

I think I should have mentioned that I could fix the lack of an internet connection, but didn’t feel Halo 4 was important enough to.

lol

I will support the Halo franchise no matter what. You can’t expect things to always be perfect.

Things are bad before they are better.

> Quick question: How old are you OP?

I work nights usually.

> I will support the Halo franchise no matter what. You can’t expect things to always be perfect.
>
>
> Things are bad before they are better.

I spent $100 on this pile that I obviously do not care about.

This most certainly lumps us into the same category of supporting the Halo Franchise no matter what.

> I cannot play Halo 4 right now.

Man that sucks.

This game is the best Halo online yet. Give it time.

Honestly can say Halo 4 is one of the VERY few shooters that when I die it does not feel so cheap. Sooooo many other shooters leaves me feeling “Wow! That was cheap. No way they killed me like that.”

Money is what will make Halo go around. :frowning:

Gone are the days where people got excited over easter eggs. What happened to teh massive easter egg topics, like the ones in Halo 3 (recently, there’s been a search for something controversial), ODST (Engineers and glyphs), and even Reach (Bobs)?

> > I cannot play Halo 4 right now.
>
> Man that sucks.
>
> This game is the best Halo online yet. Give it time.
>
> Honestly can say Halo 4 is one of the VERY few shooters that when I die it does not feel so cheap. Sooooo many other shooters leaves me feeling “Wow! That was cheap. No way they killed me like that.”

What am I waiting for bro? What does “give it time” mean?

I have played just 251 games since the game came out. Think about that number, and then look at this one: 7,012 games of Halo: Reach (which was awful, so many things wrong with it)

lol, as bad as Reach was I used to stay up all night and play that piece. This one doesn’t even get me excited enough to play at all! wtf??

Where are my vehicles battles in Halo 4?? Why can’t I kill with the warthog?? Where’s the human air vehicle??
BTB is my main problem with this game(along forge and customs). In Reach, if you didn’t want to use vehicles, you played in a non-vehicle playlist(most of them). You could play BTB as a sniper or even without using them. Halo vehicles battles were something unique in this gaming world, it is an important part of Halo.
343 has ruined that, so for me and many other people, Halo 4 is ruined. Lots of players like Infinity slayer, OK, let them play it. But for those who find the essence of Halo in BTB’s, don’t forget us, 343.

No. H4 isnt a halo game for me.

Halo 4 isn’t finished yet. Plain and simple. I think 343i decided that it was best for the campaign to be completely finished and start working on/addressing everything else later via Title Updates, which explains why they had put more emphasis on these title updates being more then what they sound. The game already didn’t have that many options to begin with as Reach had at launch and it has alot more issues overall then anyother Halo game.

Also this is 343i first game, even with veteran developers on the team, theres bound to be hiccups here and there and Halo 4 has quite a few of them. Eventually it’ll be the game its suppose to be (the game it was hyped up to be as well) but currently it isn’t.

I kinda wish they’d take there time when making it, but that seems less likely as publishers have a hefty influence on a games release.

Gaming isn’t life, no game should “mean that much” to anyone. I payed over $150 on Borderlands 2 and I haven’t played it for a month.

Anyhow, I loved Reach and I like Halo 4. They, in my opinion as a long-term fan of the series are great games. Halo 4 has the most entertaining multiplayer I’ve played since Halo 2.

I spent over $450 on Halo 4 and I don’t regret a single penny. Great game, great console, overall another fantastic Halo release. I look forward to what 343 does to enhance Halo 4 as time goes on.

> Halo 4 isn’t finished yet. Plain and simple. I think 343i decided that it was best for the campaign to be completely finished and start working on/addressing everything else later via Title Updates, which explains why they had put more emphasis on these title updates being more then what they sound. The game already didn’t have that many options to begin with as Reach had at launch and it has alot more issues overall then anyother Halo game.
>
> Also this is 343i first game, even with veteran developers on the team, theres bound to be hiccups here and there and Halo 4 has quite a few of them. Eventually it’ll be the game its suppose to be (the game it was hyped up to be as well) but currently it isn’t.
>
> I kinda wish they’d take there time when making it, but that seems less likely as publishers have a hefty influence on a games release.

That is a serious problem man. Why should I send my hard-earned money on a product that is not even finished? It’s an insult to think that 343i wants me to have faith in them when they cannot do something so simple as holding off release to fix all the problems.

> No. H4 isnt a halo game for me.

Ok. Bye!

I think Halo 4 after all the updates will be the best Halo game ever.

But currently I don’t feel it trumps Halo Reach in
Maps
Custom Game Options
Forge precision tools
skilled population
vehicles
playlistoptions
Firefight
Ranks

I will not buy your game, yet. Sorry 343. Hope you have a PUBLIC BETA next time.

Not being an apologist, but you liked 1 game of Halo that you nearly completed, but when the next one comes out and your nostalgia factor isn’t there, it is not unnatural to not enjoy it. Madden 08 is still my favorite Madden, and every Madden has sucked since then because I dominated Madden 08. Halo 4 doesn’t give me the nostalgia that I had from Halo 2 and Halo 3 (Try 20,000+ kills) but the fact is those games are not what is out now. You can adapt, or you can watch your nostalgic reruns. Either way, I don’t think it has as much to do with the game as much as lofty (not unwarranted) expectations of a factor that a studio is responsible for, but is also responsible for the next step of Halo’s evolution.

They screwed the pooch on H4.
It’s not competitive when the game hands out headshots, the maps are too big (to make up for sprint)and because of this, bland. The armor looks like -Yoink-, nothing is appealing, nothing really sells the idea of ONE MAN TANK. They tried to reinvent the wheel with faulty fileshare, they removed half of custom gametypes/options. They replaced Firefight with a Pay-to-Play 5-Minute Cheesy VO’d Macguffin-fest. The MM is questionable, JIP is a wildcard, they’re lacking in playlists.

I’m not going to say that Bungie’s games didn’t have their issues.
I’m saying that it’s 2012 and history is repeating itself, on top of a sub-par game.

Although I will say that I felt the campaign was damn-near mastercraft.

> They screwed the pooch on H4.
> It’s not competitive when the game hands out headshots, the maps are too big (to make up for sprint)and because of this, bland. The armor looks like Yoink!, nothing is appealing, nothing really sells the idea of ONE MAN TANK. They tried to reinvent the wheel with faulty fileshare, they removed half of custom gametypes/options. They replaced Firefight with a Pay-to-Play 5-Minute Cheesy VO’d Macguffin-fest. The MM is questionable, JIP is a wildcard, they’re lacking in playlists.
>
> I’m not going to say that Bungie’s games didn’t have their issues.
> I’m saying that it’s 2012 and history is repeating itself, on top of a sub-par game.
>
> Although I will say that I felt the campaign was damn-near mastercraft.

Never has a more unspecific, less-constructive post been uttered in the forums. cough

Not only that, everything you said is purely based on opinion- and not a very good one as they are all so extreme the borderline sarcasm.

If you want to be taken seriously, at least put time into your flaming posts.

The game doesn’t hand out head shots. I like the map sizes. I think the armor isn’t too bad, although I still like the whole everyone should look the same feel w/ your own colors and icons to customize anyways. Vehicles are easy to kill in this game, so settle down. Fileshare is broke, not faulty. I don’t think the actual number is half for custom game types. I hated Firefight. MM is questionable (you were right there.), and playlists are limited because they need to be. Too many playlists means not enough people playing each one which means matchmaking nightmares, lack of ‘testing,’ which means lack of continuity.

Good day,
Tripod