You know what'd be nice?

The Reach networking model or better. Seriously it rocks in that game - my shots always seem to count when they should, and I really like that. Say what you want about Reach’s multiplayer, but the networking definitely makes for a fair fight. I can’t recall almost any “oh that should have killed him!” moments. Can’t say the same for Halo 3, though. Anyway, here’s hoping Halo 4’s is like Reach’s or better, I guess.

Oh and the non-existence of or the ability to mute any possible “birthday party” effects without getting rid of the rest of Halo 4’s sounds would also be great, but that’s probably a bit much to ask.

> The Reach networking model or better. Seriously it rocks in that game - my shots always seem to count when they should, and I really like that. Say what you want about Reach’s multiplayer, but the networking definitely makes for a fair fight. I can’t recall almost any “oh that should have killed him!” moments. Can’t say the same for Halo 3, though.
>
> Oh and the non-existence of or the ability to mute any possible “birthday party” effects without getting rid of the rest of Halo 4’s sounds would also be great, but that’s probably a bit much to ask.

It’s good but not perfect.
While I’d be happy with the same net. Improving couldn’t hurt.

> > The Reach networking model or better. Seriously it rocks in that game - my shots always seem to count when they should, and I really like that. Say what you want about Reach’s multiplayer, but the networking definitely makes for a fair fight. I can’t recall almost any “oh that should have killed him!” moments. Can’t say the same for Halo 3, though.
> >
> > Oh and the non-existence of or the ability to mute any possible “birthday party” effects without getting rid of the rest of Halo 4’s sounds would also be great, but that’s probably a bit much to ask.
>
> It’s good but not perfect.
> While I’d be happy with the same net. Improving couldn’t hurt.

Anyone could see the imperfections by playing one ZB game on host and one off host.

the networking is probably fine. it’s just that the hitbox is large in reach. that’s probably why you think you deserve certain kills. you could hit an inch off the head and still have it count at times. there were times where i felt i didn’t deserve kills, in my honesty. back to networking, but all games can get laggy at times (even reach), it’s sort of a curse. it really depends on who you play with. that’s why it’s more fun to play halo online with friends, because online by yourself i’d say 5/10 games would get laggy or search for new host.