you know, what would be SO bad if bloom was made skillfull

and they took the randomness out and made it a fixed rate of expansion instead of randomness. seriousley what would be so bad? This is an FPS the point is to have skill with the weapons in multiplayer.

I understand removeing it would make DMR ridiculously overpowered but i dont see the trouble in a fixed rate of fire. it dosent stop casuals from playing casually and helps competetives play with skill.

what is everybody so afraid of?

To me. Bloom is not good in general because, It doesn’t make sense. I mean Spartans can lift a tank… A TANK! but cannot stop a little handgun from skyrocketing into the sky, it also doesnt make sense because if a Spartan can’t stop the pistol… Imagine a Marine shooting it, nonetheless an assault rifle, It would send him flying back. So I just dont like it because of that. oh also they make your assault rifle have the range of a shotgun. that too.

I don’t know how you can completely eliminate randomness from bloom. Reticle expanding = uncertainty about where the bullet will land. AKA Randomness.

> I don’t know how you can completely eliminate randomness from bloom. Reticle expanding = uncertainty about where the bullet will land. AKA Randomness.

Exactly. It works for games like cod where it takes .5 seconds to kill anyone with any gun but in halo where battle actually last a while bloom just becomes a random element.

> I don’t know how you can completely eliminate randomness from bloom. Reticle expanding = uncertainty about where the bullet will land. AKA Randomness.

how bout instead of bloom we make it actually RECOIL you know move it higher on the screen the more you spam it, that would definitely help

I see no reason for bloom as long as we have energy shields.

They should have just used a bullet spread for the DMR similar to the Halo CE Pistol.

No. I like how Halo didn’t have bloom. If Halo 2/3 had bloom than I probably wouldn’t have gotten so into Halo. It’s not that I think bloom wasn’t implemented properly it’s that I hate the idea of bloom.

it can definitely be done.

take, for example, the pistol in halo reach. the bloom algorithm on the pistol makes it so its basically 100% impossible to beat someone by spamming it at damn near every single range except for point blank range.

if the DMR had a MAX BLOOM that was TWICE as big as it is right now, and a proportionally faster bloom reset rate, (also making it bloom out faster after faster shots fired) it would remove almost every bit of the ‘random factor’ that the bloom has in halo reach.

i mean… sure… you wont ever be able to remove the ‘luck’ factor 100% (without hard coding full spammed bullets to deal 0 damage, or making the gun jam after the 3rd spammed shot), but you can certainly make it maybe 1% that full auto spamming would beat pacing, or less than that.

i agree with the OP. bloom itself is a GREAT idea, capable of adding more skill gap to halo, which is a good thing!

its not that hard of a concept for a new player to learn either, just dont mash your R trigger and you’ll do fine.

the only problem with bloom is that its hard to implement properly (apparently lol). i strongly believe that if bungie would have tweaked the DMR in different ways, they could have appeased the community in making it have a faster kill time, while punishing spamming a LOT to make it so people would NEVER want to spam because it would be THAT TERRIBLE.

> the only problem with bloom is that its hard to implement properly (apparently lol). i strongly believe that if bungie would have tweaked the DMR in different ways, they could have appeased the community in making it have a faster kill time, while punishing spamming a LOT to make it so people would NEVER want to spam because it would be THAT TERRIBLE.

This is very true. Hopefully 343i sees what we see and can fix the gameplay of Halo: Reach by perfecting bloom in a Title Update. It can have increased kill times and add such a bigger skill gap than any of the previous Halo Titles. It’s all in their hands now, and I have faith every month that we move forward that something will happen to Reach.

I’d love it if the bloom either;

a). Only kicked in after so many shots, 5 for example.

b). Only kicked in if your fire rate was too quick.

If the bloom followed example A then good players would be rewarded by being able to finish their opponent quickly if they have the skill to land all 5 shots. If the bloom followed example B then a good player would still be rewarded if they kept their fire rate down and had a rhythm to their shooting.

Their would be a tiny bit of randomness to it but skill could overcome that randomness and that’s all we want, that’s fair gameplay.