You know what? Halo 4 should have Multi Functional Weapons PERIOD

Each weapon in Halo 4 should have at least two modes of shooting, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, the Sniper could have two modes of fire, one like Halo CE where it shoots 4 quick shots and one where it shoots slower, but is more accurate.

For anyone who has played Nightfire, there was a gun called the Samuari, which shot controlled laser shots or a massive laser beam in an alternate firing mode. That would be PERFECT for the Spartan Laser, and make it a highly desirable weapon.

Another idea I had was a Carbine that combined with the Needler Rifle. Its regular firing mode would shoot Carbine shots at very fast speed, but with less accuracy for a six shot kill. Its Needler Rifle mode would shoot slower, but the Supercombine ability would take effect after 5 shots.

The idea is to make every weapon Overpowered and as usefull as possible, to bring back sandbox gameplay into Halo.

You don’t want every weapon to be overpowered…

This would be pretty cool and add some much needed depth to Halo’s gunplay.

Hmm,maybe like equipment a.k.a CoD ?

hello over powered weapons than can only fit into basic game types.

> Hmm,maybe like equipment a.k.a CoD ?

OP doesn’t mean equipment, OP is referring to multiple modes of fire. Like maybe a BR that fires 3 bursts, good mid to close range, and a single shot, good mid to long range.

> OP doesn’t mean equipment, OP is referring to multiple modes of fire. Like maybe a BR that fires 3 bursts, good mid to close range, and a single shot, good mid to long range.

How the BR was originally designed. Nice.

no, halo isn’t about putting on attachments or changing ROF. Work with what you have and if you cant, get better. How can people say the BR is OP yet ask for a gun that can adapt to every situation?

> no, halo isn’t about putting on attachments or changing ROF. Work with what you have and if you cant, get better. How can people say the BR is OP yet ask for a gun that can adapt to every situation?

I agree. halo is about simplistic gameplay. stop asking for new stuff because then halo 4 will turn out to be a gimmicky piece of crap like reach.

> > no, halo isn’t about putting on attachments or changing ROF. Work with what you have and if you cant, get better. How can people say the BR is OP yet ask for a gun that can adapt to every situation?
>
> I agree. halo is about simplistic gameplay. stop asking for new stuff because then halo 4 will turn out to be a gimmicky piece of crap like reach.

This^

Hm, like the Halo 2 Beta BR?

Scoped single shot, un scoped three shot.

I like the idea, but it might be difficult finding another way of using the gun for every weapon. I mean, the sniper? That’s pretty straight forward.

And to the above, Humpflung…I’m not trying to get at it, but Halo isn’t going to be the game on neanderthals anymore, sorry. Strafe, spam end all weapon at opponent’s head as fast as possible, way it was for first three games? I’ve said it before. It gets old. And you’ve said this: “Don’t fix what isn’t broken.”, well the lack of innovation in anything, stagnation is terrible. We’ll go the way of CoD. One or two new things a game.

> Hmm,maybe like equipment a.k.a CoD ?

No, like Unreal Tournament.

If you haven’t played that game get off the -Yoinking!- internet and pick up a copy from gamestop. 7 bucks or so will get you the best competitive multiplayer FPS on the market. And I am perfectly justified in saying that, seeing how the unreal franchise was one of the two that really started this whole genera of gaming.

> Hm, like the Halo 2 Beta BR?
>
>
> Scoped single shot, un scoped three shot.
>
>
>
> I like the idea, but it might be difficult finding another way of using the gun for every weapon. I mean, the sniper? That’s pretty straight forward.
>
>
>
> And to the above, Humpflung…I’m not trying to get at it, but Halo isn’t going to be the game on neanderthals anymore, sorry. Strafe, spam end all weapon at opponent’s head as fast as possible, way it was for first three games? I’ve said it before. It gets old. And you’ve said this: “Don’t fix what isn’t broken.”, well the lack of innovation in anything, stagnation is terrible. We’ll go the way of CoD. One or two new things a game.

this is said all the time but if you want to play a game like cod, play cod. Do you honestly think COD innovates at all either? No, its the same game every single time. Black ops is mw2 reskined.

There are certain core things that you cant just remove or change in halo. If 343 wants to add a feature or two fine, but they shouldn’t change the way the game is played. If you told a battlefield fan that their would only be 1 assault rifle, 1 pistol, 1 sniper etc. and no sprint, they would say’ “hey! this isn’t battlefield anymore!” You cant tell that battlefield fan that the multigun and sprint mechanics in the game need to be altered or removed because its been ten years. Those mechanics are what makes BF well…BF. Its the same with halo. You cant just slap on bloom. Halo isn’t about bloom. Cod is, CS is, Battlefield is. Halo? no. Halo 1,2,3 didn’t have bloom so halo 4 shouldn’t. It doesn’t add a new fun twist. It changes a part of the game that fans have come to know and love. A part that is unique to halo.

No weapon modifications!

The Assault Rifle looks like it can use a grenade launcher on it.

This would be perfect. Everyone could run around with an assault rifle that has a grenade launcher on it. N00B TUBE!

Sorry man, I loved Nightfire but it just isn’t halo.

> Another idea I had was a Carbine that combined with the Needler Rifle. Its regular firing mode would shoot Carbine shots at very fast speed, but with less accuracy for a six shot kill. Its Needler Rifle mode would shoot slower, but the Supercombine ability would take effect after 5 shots.

Yes, let’s make this gun and see how long it takes for the forums to blow up with everyone crying about people running around and spraying 6 shot kills.

With every gun extremely powerful, people will just camp so that they don’t run out and die in an instant.
Well thought out idea! :smiley:

I say no.

It could either add skill depth or take it away, I say we let the developers decide :wink:

> The Assault Rifle looks like it can use a grenade launcher on it.

Noob tubing in sight ? God help us all…