You know what grinds my gears?

1. Why was armor abilities/weapons from Halo: Reach introduced in Halo 4 if there wasn’t any armor abilities in the Halo CE-3? Reach was a spin-off which makes having armor abilities more understandable because the planet Reach was the main supplier of military and civilian spacecraft, and the location of the UNSC’s largest and most active shipyard. If this was a direct continuation from Halo 3, wouldn’t it be more logical if they took elements from those games instead of a spin-off? If that’s the case, why wasn’t the needle rifle, grenade launcher, armor lock and the plasma repeater not included as well?

2. Why were there not a beta from the jump for Multiplayer? I mean these problems with Matchmaking is ridiculous and there shouldn’t be so many mistakes post-launch. Seeing as 343i is a new company, wouldn’t it be logical to have a public beta to test out Matchmaking like what Bungie has done with their games so there wouldn’t be that much problems?

3. Why isn’t there a split between ranked and social playlists? I don’t even need to explain the level of confusion when I popped in the disk for the very first time to find out that there weren’t any ranked playlists. You have people matching up with people that aren’t so good which creates unbalanced and boring gameplay which is disappointing for a game like Halo. Almost every online multiplayer game has a split between ranked and social player that cater to every gamer, but yet this game doesn’t. Your “CSR” system isn’t going to have much impact because the gaming community is still isn’t pleased on what is to come seeing as it’s through waypoint that in which in my opinion is just an excuse to force more people to visit your site which is wrong.

I could go on with more problems, but I feel the majority of this forum is filled with complaints about this game as it is. For an attempt to keep the legendary status of Halo alive? I haven’t been more disappointed in what Halo has become. I feel that the hype from this game was built from empty promises and lies because from what I remember I was told that Halo was returning to it’s roots where all I got was a modernized futuristic Call of Duty type squad-based shooter when I was supposed to get an arena shooter… the REAL roots of halo.

1. It’s been four years of relative peace. The UNSC has had time to rebuild and thus probably produce more abilities as well.

2. I believe there was a closed beta.

3. Who knows really.

Pretty sure every game has a closed beta

> 1. Why was armor abilities/weapons from Halo: Reach introduced in Halo 4 if there wasn’t any armor abilities in the Halo CE-3? Reach was a spin-off which makes having armor abilities more understandable because the planet Reach was the main supplier of military and civilian spacecraft, and the location of the UNSC’s largest and most active shipyard. If this was a direct continuation from Halo 3, wouldn’t it be more logical if they took elements from those games instead of a spin-off? If that’s the case, why wasn’t the needle rifle, grenade launcher, armor lock and the plasma repeater not included as well?
>
> 2. Why were there not a beta from the jump for Multiplayer? I mean these problems with Matchmaking is ridiculous and there shouldn’t be so many mistakes post-launch. Seeing as 343i is a new company, wouldn’t it be logical to have a public beta to test out Matchmaking like what Bungie has done with their games so there wouldn’t be that much problems?
>
> 3. Why isn’t there a split between ranked and social playlists? I don’t even need to explain the level of confusion when I popped in the disk for the very first time to find out that there weren’t any ranked playlists. You have people matching up with people that aren’t so good which creates unbalanced and boring gameplay which is disappointing for a game like Halo. Almost every online multiplayer game has a split between ranked and social player that cater to every gamer, but yet this game doesn’t. Your “CSR” system isn’t going to have much impact because the gaming community is still isn’t pleased on what is to come seeing as it’s through waypoint that in which in my opinion is just an excuse to force more people to visit your site which is wrong.
>
> I could go on with more problems, but I feel the majority of this forum is filled with complaints about this game as it is. For an attempt to keep the legendary status of Halo alive? I haven’t been more disappointed in what Halo has become. I feel that the hype from this game was built from empty promises and lies because from what I remember I was told that Halo was returning to it’s roots where all I got was a modernized futuristic Call of Duty type squad-based shooter when I was supposed to get an arena shooter… the REAL roots of halo.

1. Because 343 doesn’t have the brains to realize there are other user interface design systems that could be utilized for items like Active Camo and Jet Packs, such as Halo 3’s equipment interface system for example. I wasn’t a fan of equipment in 3, but it was a superior system to Armor Abilities because Equipment can be picked up and swapped, and has limited uses/ ammo. Armor Abilities on the other hand can’t be picked up or swapped, and have infinite ammo which makes no sense and for bad game play.

I would like to see a more logical system used than equipment though, which would be just implement each item how it should be implemented. You would think this is just common sense!

For example, Active Camo: This would work just like equipment in Halo 3, because that’s the logical way to implement Active Camo. The player picks it up, can swap it if they want to, but the Active Camo has only 1 use/ ammo.

Jet Pack: Jet Packs would be picked up and could be swapped, but would have a finite amount of “fuel”/ ammo. The designers would have to balance this out for what would work best for game play purposes. I would guess it would allow maybe 2-5 average flights worth of “fuel”/ammo.

And apply that implementation concept for each item that was included in Halo. Just ask, “What is the best way to interface/implement this into the game for the player to best use it?”

1. My guess is 343 couldn’t get their s*** together to come up with a way to hold a beta through something. It should have logically been accessible through Halo CE Anniversary in my opinion.

Money might be another reason. They might not have wanted to devote a large chunk of Halo 4’s development budget to a beta. And if they made that choice, I think it has proven to be a very deeply ignorant choice.

1. 343 Industries and a minority of people on here truly actually believe having both ranked and social playlists like Halo 2 and 3 had is SOMEHOW BAD, and will ACTUALLY LOWER THE MATCHMAKING ONLINE POPULATION!

I know. Its hard to wrap your mind around that level of stupidity, but it has actually even made its way into 343 Industries itself.

Yet Halo 2 and 3 had far more popular online multiplayers than 4 funnily enough.

Maybe Franc O’Connor and other high up 343 people couldn’t get a 50 or whatever rank they wanted in 2 and 3, and are taking their rage out on the entire Halo fan base lol.

> > 1. Why was armor abilities/weapons from Halo: Reach introduced in Halo 4 if there wasn’t any armor abilities in the Halo CE-3? Reach was a spin-off which makes having armor abilities more understandable because the planet Reach was the main supplier of military and civilian spacecraft, and the location of the UNSC’s largest and most active shipyard. If this was a direct continuation from Halo 3, wouldn’t it be more logical if they took elements from those games instead of a spin-off? If that’s the case, why wasn’t the needle rifle, grenade launcher, armor lock and the plasma repeater not included as well?
> >
> > 2. Why were there not a beta from the jump for Multiplayer? I mean these problems with Matchmaking is ridiculous and there shouldn’t be so many mistakes post-launch. Seeing as 343i is a new company, wouldn’t it be logical to have a public beta to test out Matchmaking like what Bungie has done with their games so there wouldn’t be that much problems?
> >
> > 3. Why isn’t there a split between ranked and social playlists? I don’t even need to explain the level of confusion when I popped in the disk for the very first time to find out that there weren’t any ranked playlists. You have people matching up with people that aren’t so good which creates unbalanced and boring gameplay which is disappointing for a game like Halo. Almost every online multiplayer game has a split between ranked and social player that cater to every gamer, but yet this game doesn’t. Your “CSR” system isn’t going to have much impact because the gaming community is still isn’t pleased on what is to come seeing as it’s through waypoint that in which in my opinion is just an excuse to force more people to visit your site which is wrong.
> >
> > I could go on with more problems, but I feel the majority of this forum is filled with complaints about this game as it is. For an attempt to keep the legendary status of Halo alive? I haven’t been more disappointed in what Halo has become. I feel that the hype from this game was built from empty promises and lies because from what I remember I was told that Halo was returning to it’s roots where all I got was a modernized futuristic Call of Duty type squad-based shooter when I was supposed to get an arena shooter… the REAL roots of halo.
>
> 1. Because 343 doesn’t have the brains to realize there are other user interface design systems that could be utilized for items like Active Camo and Jet Packs, such as Halo 3’s equipment interface system for example. I wasn’t a fan of equipment in 3, but it was a superior system to Armor Abilities because Equipment can be picked up and swapped, and has limited uses/ ammo. Armor Abilities on the other hand can’t be picked up or swapped, and have infinite ammo which makes no sense and for bad game play.
>
> I would like to see a more logical system used than equipment though, which would be just implement each item how it should be implemented. You would think this is just common sense!
>
> For example, Active Camo: This would work just like equipment in Halo 3, because that’s the logical way to implement Active Camo. The player picks it up, can swap it if they want to, but the Active Camo has only 1 use/ ammo.
>
> Jet Pack: Jet Packs would be picked up and could be swapped, but would have a finite amount of “fuel”/ ammo. The designers would have to balance this out for what would work best for game play purposes. I would guess it would allow maybe 2-5 average flights worth of “fuel”/ammo.
>
> And apply that implementation concept for each item that was included in Halo. Just ask, “What is the best way to interface/implement this into the game for the player to best use it?”
>
>
> 2. My guess is 343 couldn’t get their s*** together to come up with a way to hold a beta through something. It should have logically been accessible through Halo CE Anniversary in my opinion.
>
> Money might be another reason. They might not have wanted to devote a large chunk of Halo 4’s development budget to a beta. And if they made that choice, I think it has proven to be a very deeply ignorant choice.
>
>
> 3. 343 Industries and a minority of people on here truly actually believe having both ranked and social playlists like Halo 2 and 3 had is SOMEHOW BAD, and will ACTUALLY LOWER THE MATCHMAKING ONLINE POPULATION!
>
> I know. Its hard to wrap your mind around that level of stupidity, but it has actually even made its way into 343 Industries itself.
>
> Yet Halo 2 and 3 had far more popular online multiplayers than 4 funnily enough.
>
> Maybe Franc O’Connor and other high up 343 people couldn’t get a 50 or whatever rank they wanted in 2 and 3, and are taking their rage out on the entire Halo fan base lol.

I chuckled at that last part.

To be honest, I really hope 343i listens to us for Halo 5. I think it’s time for Frank O’Conner/and others to stop implementing what they believe is better, and start implementing what the community wants and believes is better.

There’s SO MUCH EVIDENCE to prove that their ideas of Ranks and Ranked/Social playlists ruins population IS WRONG. Compare Halo 4’s first months with Halo 2’s and Halo 3’s… Seriously…

> > 1. Why was armor abilities/weapons from Halo: Reach introduced in Halo 4 if there wasn’t any armor abilities in the Halo CE-3? Reach was a spin-off which makes having armor abilities more understandable because the planet Reach was the main supplier of military and civilian spacecraft, and the location of the UNSC’s largest and most active shipyard. If this was a direct continuation from Halo 3, wouldn’t it be more logical if they took elements from those games instead of a spin-off? If that’s the case, why wasn’t the needle rifle, grenade launcher, armor lock and the plasma repeater not included as well?
> >
> > 2. Why were there not a beta from the jump for Multiplayer? I mean these problems with Matchmaking is ridiculous and there shouldn’t be so many mistakes post-launch. Seeing as 343i is a new company, wouldn’t it be logical to have a public beta to test out Matchmaking like what Bungie has done with their games so there wouldn’t be that much problems?
> >
> > 3. Why isn’t there a split between ranked and social playlists? I don’t even need to explain the level of confusion when I popped in the disk for the very first time to find out that there weren’t any ranked playlists. You have people matching up with people that aren’t so good which creates unbalanced and boring gameplay which is disappointing for a game like Halo. Almost every online multiplayer game has a split between ranked and social player that cater to every gamer, but yet this game doesn’t. Your “CSR” system isn’t going to have much impact because the gaming community is still isn’t pleased on what is to come seeing as it’s through waypoint that in which in my opinion is just an excuse to force more people to visit your site which is wrong.
> >
> > I could go on with more problems, but I feel the majority of this forum is filled with complaints about this game as it is. For an attempt to keep the legendary status of Halo alive? I haven’t been more disappointed in what Halo has become. I feel that the hype from this game was built from empty promises and lies because from what I remember I was told that Halo was returning to it’s roots where all I got was a modernized futuristic Call of Duty type squad-based shooter when I was supposed to get an arena shooter… the REAL roots of halo.
>
> 1. Because 343 doesn’t have the brains to realize there are other user interface design systems that could be utilized for items like Active Camo and Jet Packs, such as Halo 3’s equipment interface system for example. I wasn’t a fan of equipment in 3, but it was a superior system to Armor Abilities because Equipment can be picked up and swapped, and has limited uses/ ammo. Armor Abilities on the other hand can’t be picked up or swapped, and have infinite ammo which makes no sense and for bad game play.
>
> I would like to see a more logical system used than equipment though, which would be just implement each item how it should be implemented. You would think this is just common sense!
>
> For example, Active Camo: This would work just like equipment in Halo 3, because that’s the logical way to implement Active Camo. The player picks it up, can swap it if they want to, but the Active Camo has only 1 use/ ammo.
>
> Jet Pack: Jet Packs would be picked up and could be swapped, but would have a finite amount of “fuel”/ ammo. The designers would have to balance this out for what would work best for game play purposes. I would guess it would allow maybe 2-5 average flights worth of “fuel”/ammo.
>
> And apply that implementation concept for each item that was included in Halo. Just ask, “What is the best way to interface/implement this into the game for the player to best use it?”
>
>
> 2. My guess is 343 couldn’t get their s*** together to come up with a way to hold a beta through something. It should have logically been accessible through Halo CE Anniversary in my opinion.
>
> Money might be another reason. They might not have wanted to devote a large chunk of Halo 4’s development budget to a beta. And if they made that choice, I think it has proven to be a very deeply ignorant choice.
>
>
> 3. 343 Industries and a minority of people on here truly actually believe having both ranked and social playlists like Halo 2 and 3 had is SOMEHOW BAD, and will ACTUALLY LOWER THE MATCHMAKING ONLINE POPULATION!
>
> I know. Its hard to wrap your mind around that level of stupidity, but it has actually even made its way into 343 Industries itself.
>
> Yet Halo 2 and 3 had far more popular online multiplayers than 4 funnily enough.
>
> Maybe Franc O’Connor and other high up 343 people couldn’t get a 50 or whatever rank they wanted in 2 and 3, and are taking their rage out on the entire Halo fan base lol.

My thoughts exactly.