You know I've been thinking after the Bungie vs. the world announcement...

And I think that Bungie’s best players and 343’s best players should have a match and record it for people to see. Imagine it. “THE BATTLE OF THE CREATORS! The old reigning champion will face off against the new and promising rookie. See them duke it out in Bungie vs. 343!” Who else would like to see this on Bungie day?

I have been thinking that this would be an awesome idea for months now, hope it happens

Ω

I want to play with bs angel on that day and go kick some butt. If everyone is fine then I think we’ll do it.

> I want to play with bs angel on that day and go kick some butt. If everyone is fine then I think we’ll do it.

Don’t be on her team, trust me.

> And I think that Bungie’s best players and 343’s best players should have a match and record it for people to see. Imagine it. “THE BATTLE OF THE CREATORS! The old reigning champion will face off against the new and promising rookie. See them duke it out in Bungie vs. 343!” Who else would like to see this on Bungie day?

I don’t think it would happen on Bungie Day, But they have had Bungie Vs 343 Before.

This would be so awesome, and yeah I would like to play some of 343 too.

> > And I think that Bungie’s best players and 343’s best players should have a match and record it for people to see. Imagine it. “THE BATTLE OF THE CREATORS! The old reigning champion will face off against the new and promising rookie. See them duke it out in Bungie vs. 343!” Who else would like to see this on Bungie day?
>
> I don’t think it would happen on Bungie Day, But they have had Bungie Vs 343 Before.

They did? Cool!

Did Frank O’Conner play as well? Did he use the magnum?

XD

Yeah, they had a Bungie Humpday against representative from 343i a while back. Can’t remember the roster for 343i, though.

> Yeah, they had a Bungie Humpday against representative from 343i a while back. Can’t remember the roster for 343i, though.

Bungie News (9/16/2010) - Humpday Challenge: 343 Industries

Results: Three games of Team Slayer on Asylum (Bungie won 50:23), The Cage (Bungie won 50:29), and Powerhouse (Bungie won 50:25).

"Team Onyx" (Bungie):
Andrew Harrison
Jon Cable
Paul Lewellen
Tomo

Team 343 Industries:
Jacob Benton
David Ellis
Jon Goff
Chris Lee

There’s also a [[ mildly amusing to hilarious; choose yourself ]] .GIF at the end of the article. XD

> Results: Three games of Team Slayer on Asylum (Bungie won 50:23), The Cage (Bungie won 50:29), and Powerhouse (Bungie won 50:25).

oh, ouch

In a rematch, you think 343 would take on Bungie themselves? Or contract the work out to Certain Affinity?

ZING!

Obligatory: <4

> > Results: Three games of Team Slayer on Asylum (Bungie won 50:23), The Cage (Bungie won 50:29), and Powerhouse (Bungie won 50:25).
>
> oh, ouch
>
> In a rematch, you think 343 would take on Bungie themselves? Or contract the work out to Certain Affinity?
>
> ZING!
>
> Obligatory: <4

LOLTACULAR! XD

Anyway, Bungie once got creamed when Joystiq writer Dustin Burg put together a team of really good players who weren’t part of Joystiq. And in response Bungie established a new rule: “If you are challenged, your roster must be comprised of players culled directly from your organization or established community.”

That pretty much makes it impossible for 343i to hire Certain Affinity. However, it would be cool if there was a Bungie vs. Certain Affinity Humpday Challenge … played only on Highlands and Condemned. >:D

> Anyway, Bungie once got creamed when Joystiq writer Dustin Burg put together a team of really good players who weren’t part of Joystiq. And in response Bungie established a new rule: “If you are challenged, your roster must be comprised of players culled directly from your organization or established community.”

HAHAHA, That’s right! I had forgotten about that. I guess 343 is going to have to start hiring again.

> > Anyway, Bungie once got creamed when Joystiq writer Dustin Burg put together a team of really good players who weren’t part of Joystiq. And in response Bungie established a new rule: “If you are challenged, your roster must be comprised of players culled directly from your organization or established community.”
>
> HAHAHA, That’s right! I had forgotten about that. I guess 343 is going to have to start hiring again.

Technically speaking, freelancers working for 343i would count. Hm… “Project Freelancer”… XD

On a side note (huh?), Jeremiah has released the official map/gametype list for Bungie vs. The World (original post by Jeremiah):

> Posted by: Jeremiah
> Since it’s all about Steaktaculars, it’s slayer only.
>
> Slayer
> Arena Zealot
> Asylum
> Countdown
> Powerhouse
> Reflection
> Sword Base
>
> Slayer DMRs
> Anchor 9
> Arena Zealot
> Asylum
> Boardwalk
> Countdown
> Powerhouse
> Reflection
> Sword Base
> Tempest
> Uncaged
>
> Elite Slayer (low weighting)
> Arena Zealot
> Countdown
> Powerhouse
> Reflection

It’s just not clear yet whether or not the Noble map pack is actually required.

> It’s just not clear yet whether or not the Noble/Defiant map packs are required.

> DLC will not be required.

> > It’s just not clear yet whether or not the Noble/Defiant map packs are required.
>
>
>
> > DLC will not be required.

Cool, thanks. So that means it’s unlikely to play at least the Noble maps even when playing against the creators of the game. I smell a faint hint of irony…

> > > It’s just not clear yet whether or not the Noble/Defiant map packs are required.
> >
> >
> >
> > > DLC will not be required.
>
> Cool, thanks. So that means it’s unlikely to play at least the Noble maps even when playing against the creators of the game. I smell a faint hint of irony…

HA! I plan on going in with a group of guys I know will have the DLC, we’ll see if it comes up as a voting option, IF we manage to get matched up with them.

The gamer tags the Bungie employee’s will be using should be released some time later this week.

I’ll be going into that playlist alone. “That lone-wolf stuff stays behind.” Yeah, sure. ^^

Also, I’m pretty curious about what maps/gametypes the people from Bungie will vote for. I might be wrong, but I somehow can’t picture them voting for Slayer DMRs.

I told my guys, if you see Boardwalk pop up, vote for it.

It seems reading over the Humpday challenges like that would be their most feared map.

> I told my guys, if you see Boardwalk pop up, vote for it.
>
> It seems reading over the Humpday challenges like that would be their most feared map.

“Know your foe.” XD

Just in case you still need someone with all the DLC, feel free to hit me up. Or ignore me. Either way is fine.

> > I told my guys, if you see Boardwalk pop up, vote for it.
> >
> > It seems reading over the Humpday challenges like that would be their most feared map.
>
> “Know your foe.” XD
>
> Just in case you still need someone with all the DLC, feel free to hit me up. Or ignore me. Either way is fine.

yeah, sorry, we have our “A-Team” of 4 guys, and then another 8 guys in line to fill their spot if one has to drop =/

My own attendance is iffy too, I plan on being there but that can change at any time.

I bet none of us get matched against Bungie anyway. =(