You know.. Bloom wasn't a terrible idea.

I know one of the hotly contested topics in Halo Reach was the bloom issue. But I can finally see where they are coming from.

This Halo 4 DMR is almost bloom-less. To a point where it’s not noticeable at normal combat ranges. Only very long distances will you notice anything, even then… The DMR outpowers all of the other primary weapons hands down. It’s not even close, and it’s due to this laser-like accuracy. All of the other weapons have a little flaw in them.

Battle Rifle , has a little reticule movement with a shot plus the three shot burst makes it a little harder to hit all of them (only a little bit)

Carbine, is just under powered but also reasonably accurate so it just takes lots of hits to get a kill.

Light rifle is in the same boat as BR really… It has some reticule movement and a burst mode.

The DMR is just so darn accurate you don’y need to wait to re-aim or anything just mash the RT and you’ll win half the time. This makes the other primarys obsolete. If you don’t use the DMR you basically lose (on most maps).

I don’t know but it seems like a little something needs to be done to it to encourage other weapon use and not have a DMR fest. Not a lot, just a wee bit would do wonders.

Yes it was.

I’m sure there’s a couple Bungie employees somewhere who would like to strangle us all for the DMR Bloom argument. Don’t rile them up. LOL

Well it’s either that or make it a power weapon which likely won’t happen

Bloom wasn’t a terrible idea, it was just implemented terribly. It did the exact opposite of what they wanted. If they inverted the way it worked, it would have been completely fine

The DMR should have a small ROF nerf or some extra recoil.

Meanwhile at Bungie
“GUYS THEY FINALLY UNDERSTAND BLOOM!”

Confetti and balloons fall from the sky

I understand you are all frustrated right now but bring back bloom? I’m sorry No. That single handedly destroyed my Reach experience. The problem was even if I was dead on the bloom would get so big it wouldn’t count. That was barf man.

Bungie died.

It doesn’t even have to be bloom, it’s just a little something to bring it back to earthly levels. ROF or something

true. Thats why its on automatics. But on a precision weapon thats just stupid. Why should you be punished for being able to keep better aim then another player? All bloom does is give the worst player a chance over the better player. That like Al was one of the stupidest things ever. It rewards terrible players too much and hurts the skilled players too much.

bloom makes fights more random.

increasing randomness compromises competitive gameplay. (i.e. the better accuracy doesn’t always win)

yes. bloom was a terrible idea.

/thread

Bloom was a terrible idea.

Bloom was to settle spamming the trigger. The DMR in Reach was to reward the careful placed shots on your enemy. I don’t get why bloom was so bad either.

Yeah I don’t mind laser accurate to competitive players/ MLG and whatnot. I am just getting at that there is no point in usualy any other primary because the DMR is laser accurate everywhere.

> Bloom was to settle spamming the trigger. The DMR in Reach was to reward the careful placed shots on your enemy. I don’t get why bloom was so bad either.

Because random number generator means that sometimes the spammer would win over the placed shots. Sometimes the placed shots would win, but overall, it’s frustrating when you make things random when they should be skill based

Lower RoF and/or add recoil.

Visible bloom ain’t the answer. EVER.

I personally loved bloom but if they bring it back only for the dmr then it will probably just become replaced by the battle rifle

> Lower RoF and/or add recoil.
>
> Visible bloom ain’t the answer. EVER.

Yeah exactly, okay so maybe the title wasn’t entirely accurate of what I wanted to discuss.