You hate Halo 4?

Tell me why! I find Halo 4 to be a great game. Tell me why you hate it and we can discus your reasoning! Why do YOU hate Halo 4?

As a disclaimer I don’t think Halo 4 is perfect. It has many, notable flaws.

naw, i like it, even though i recognize its flaws

but,

I think it’s an OK game. But it’s the first Halo that I’ve gotten annoyed, confused, angry and disappointed with.

It’s still a lot of fun to play, but without getting into specific issues I, do compare it against somethings that Reach did better.

I find that when I’m in the game playing, I’m extremely happy. It’s sharp, looks good and plays well. It’s only when I’m out of the game do the problems come up.

Though one thing I don’t like that happens when I’m playing are the frequent black-screen restarts.

3 games in a row my team of 3 gets matched up in a game in progress. There was no one on our team when we entered any of them. They were essentially over, yet it consistently put us in losing games against teams of 4. Poorly coded matchmaking. Poorly being a kind word.

I dont hate it , i love it!

Too many reasons to name.

Its an incomplete game.

We had to pay for a beta

Hmmmm, I’ll try and list every reason I can think of…

No Campaign or SpOps theatre. I loved exploring the Covenant mission in Halo 3, and now I can’t.

I hated the campaign. Come on, no references to Mendicant Bias or the Didact’s past or the Precursors at all? It pretty much went against the H3 terminals completely by making the Didact hate the humans. And it was the worst when Chief and Cortana weren’t even surprised when they saw the Didact, they were just like “oh I’ve seen a billion Forerunners before.” The same thing when Laskey and Palmer saw the Chief.

No in-game 1-50. That was what was making people come back for Halo 3. I played some Halo 3 matchmaking yesterday, and almost EVERY game I got into people were trying to rank up still. I was really surprised, but it was the best experience ever to hear people with mics screaming “there’s a Camo Shotgun guy over in Froman.” Halo 4 lacks the competitiveness that made Halo 2 and 3 so much fun.

The playlist selection is terrible. Come on, why can’t we have a single Team Objective playlist and get like 5 new playlists in the place of individual game modes? We’re 3 months after launch, and still no Grifball, Team Snipers, MLG, Rumble Pit, or Team Doubles. It’s so annoying.

Loadouts don’t work in Halo. The DMR and Boltshot are still unbalanced, leaving BR users like myself at a disadvantage. AAs still break gameplay, like jetpack or camo. Oh, did I mention that you can spawn with a Plasma Pistol or sticky grenades? These are simple decisions that 343i had to make, but didn’t.

Ordnance kills any chance that this game had to be competitive. I get ordnance with a needler, pulse grenades and speed boost, but someone on the enemy team gets damage boost, binary rifle and spartan laser? Tell me how that is balanced. The random global ordnance is extremely unbalanced as well.

Sprint still doesn’t belong in Halo. All of the maps are huge as a result of it being in. Just look at Complex. 343i calls that a mid-size map? It’s easily bigger than Standoff from Halo 3, which was a big team map. You can clearly see it in the Lockout remake in matchmaking, too. The map has been stretched out to accommodate sprint, and it doesn’t play the same.

No Firefight. Nuff said.

Flinching kills epic BR or sniping battles. I played Halo 3 last night and had an epic sniper duel across Valhalla. It must have lasted a full 2 minutes before I finally 2-shotted him. I had gotten shot right before that as well. I never could have landed that shot in Halo 4 because of flinching.

EDIT: I realized that I forgot all the issues with Forge, Custom Games and Fileshare too!

We went backwards in Forge. We could have had something bigger than Reach’s forge world, or multiple maps the size of Forge World, but instead we got three maps that are the size of Foundry. What? It’s nearly impossible to make a big team map (not to mention a remake of my favourite Halo map of all time, Sidewinder) which is why they included so many in the game.

The custom game community was killed by not having an infection mode. How am I supposed to make a Fat Kid gametype where he has a hammer? Or what about Halo on Halo? When you got to the end in Halo 3, you had to have an epic sniper duel with the zombie to win. Now, you can’t do that. And even if you could, it would suck because of flinching (see above)

And fileshare still doesnt work! It’s ridiculous.

But worst of all is that 343i just seems to act like this game is the most successful Halo of all time. They don’t even address half of these issues in the Bulletins, or in the comment sections of the forums. Last week, me and a couple other guys made an entire page in the Bulletin’s thread asking BS angel why there was no visible CSR. A whole freaking page of a thread was asking this. And what does she decide to answer? Which version of Grifball would the playlist have. It’s so frustrating. They see our complaints, but they ignore it.

Uggh, I’m so angry after typing this. My beloved Halo, the game I played as a child, owning n00bs on Headlong, the game I played as a high schooler, laughing uncontrollably in a game of Halo 3 monster trucks. I loved Halo. But as far as I’m concerned, Halo ended with Halo 3. This isn’t Halo.

Winning isn’t as much fun…Mechanics like Join in progress and Ordinance throw off balance, and a win in Halo 4 doesn’t feel as legitimate as it did in prior games. The lack of a ranking system also removes any reward given to the winners or punishment to the losers. And while it may sound stupid, I don’t like the lobby system. I like that two empty minutes at the end of a game where I can revel in my awesome perfection, or rage in fury from my negative 20.

By the end of a game, I find myself caring less, and it’s just not as satisfying.

-Camo as an armor ability. Promotes camping and is a crutch for bad players. Make it a power up again

-Jet Pack STILL breaks maps. It doesn’t matter how much you nerf it, it will always be a terrible addition.

-All weapons simply have too much aim assist. 343 gave players the false impression of faster kill times by making it extremely easy to kill players. The kill times are actually SLOWER than previous games, but no one misses. This creates a very tiny skill gap.

• The DMR has an aim assist range that is way too long. It makes BTB near unplayable.

• The BR has both spread and recoil, making it pretty much a useless piece of -Yoink-. It also has the slowest kill time of any precision weapon in the history of Halo, so that’s just an added bonus.

• The base movement speed needs to be increased a) since the aim assist is so high and b) it’s just a good idea in general to help improve strafing and the skill gap

• The current method of power weapon spawns is atrocious and absolutely ruins Halo for me. No purpose for map movement since I have no -Yoinking!- clue where anything spawns and since I can camp my -Yoink- of for ordnance drops.

• Personal Ordnance drops prevent a good player’s ability to narrow down what weapons are in play on the map, where they are on the map, and who has them. Another thing that destroys a portion of the skill gap and hurts the game for me.

I could go on an on, but that’s what has frustrated me just in the last 2 games I played.

I really enjoy the game, but it is somewhat comical that everyone in the forums is a Master Video Game Critic and knows how to fix every problem “very simply”

I know I am not a critic or able to fix these things like most people here, but I do know what I like and do not like. I just choose to deal with it in a different way.

> I really enjoy the game, but it is somewhat comical that everyone in the forums is a Master Video Game Critic and knows how to fix every problem “very simply”
>
> I know I am not a critic or able to fix these things like most people here, but I do know what I like and do not like. I just choose to deal with it in a different way.

Video game critics are some of the dumbest people on earth. Just saying. It’s either that, or they get paid incredible sums of money to give fantastic reviews of -Yoink- games.

We know how to fix the problems because we’ve played better games; the previous ones. We know what works in Halo and what doesn’t much better than a game critic that will only play the game for a day or two.

> > I really enjoy the game, but it is somewhat comical that everyone in the forums is a Master Video Game Critic and knows how to fix every problem “very simply”
> >
> > I know I am not a critic or able to fix these things like most people here, but I do know what I like and do not like. I just choose to deal with it in a different way.
>
> Video game critics are some of the dumbest people on earth. Just saying. It’s either that, or they get paid incredible sums of money to give fantastic reviews of Yoink! games.
>
> We know how to fix the problems because we’ve played better games; the previous ones. We know what works in Halo and what doesn’t much better than a game critic that will only play the game for a day or two.

I meant fix as in technically fix, through the computer and writing the code…

Next is, there are good and bad games out there and everyone feels different about them. What I am trying to say, is that what you enjoy and what I enjoy might be different or the same. Have you ever thought that a change might bring another imbalance, like lets say we nerfed things or added more power to things. Then the whole dynamics of the game change. What happens then? Do you fix that and fix it again and again? No game will ever be perfect, heck real life isnt even fair.

Some of my reasons can be viewed here.

> > > I really enjoy the game, but it is somewhat comical that everyone in the forums is a Master Video Game Critic and knows how to fix every problem “very simply”
> > >
> > > I know I am not a critic or able to fix these things like most people here, but I do know what I like and do not like. I just choose to deal with it in a different way.
> >
> > Video game critics are some of the dumbest people on earth. Just saying. It’s either that, or they get paid incredible sums of money to give fantastic reviews of Yoink! games.
> >
> > We know how to fix the problems because we’ve played better games; the previous ones. We know what works in Halo and what doesn’t much better than a game critic that will only play the game for a day or two.
>
> I meant fix as in technically fix, through the computer and writing the code…
>
> Next is, there are good and bad games out there and everyone feels different about them. What I am trying to say, is that what you enjoy and what I enjoy might be different or the same. Have you ever thought that a change might bring another imbalance, like lets say we nerfed things or added more power to things. Then the whole dynamics of the game change. What happens then? Do you fix that and fix it again and again? No game will ever be perfect, heck real life isnt even fair.

The only thing developers have over me is the ability to code. That’s it. I sure as hell could make a better game than Halo 4 if I knew how to code. I’m not a moron, I know what works and what doesn’t because I’ve played this game for 11 years. Do not ever assume that a developer knows what they are talking about just because they are a developer. Bungie gave use the H3 BR for christ sake.

Very -Yoink- and limited playlist. Halo 4 took out all the good game modes.

I hate the flaws
I hate how it diverted from the original formula
I hate how its like watching Resident Evil series all over again

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand, and please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I cant even begin to name how many reasons unless you got time