You Halo fans have no idea what "change" is.

I’m both a Halo fan and a Zelda fan, and being a member of both fanbases, I know how dramatic change can REALLY be. I will compare and contrast Zelda (as an example) to Halo, to get my point across.

The Halo fanbase complains about small changes like, “the sound design is different”, “the announcer is too cocky”, “The rocket launcher looks ugly”, “the Elite’s hooves look too big/small”.

At least it’s no where near as Zelda’s changes.

Imagine if Halo stopped being Sci Fi and became a completely different genre.

That’s what is happening with Zelda right now, and I hate Nintendo so much for it, yet the Zelda fanbase is being relatively calm. The Zelda Series is medieval fantasy, and now Nintendo is giving Zelda Wii U all this robot and high tech crap. It’s destroying Zelda’s genre.

If Zelda stopped being medieval fantasy, it’s not a Zelda game. Just like how if Halo stopped being sci fi, it’s not a Halo game.

Small changes happen to Halo’s vibe, and the Halo fanbase flips out.
Large changes happen to Zelda’s vibe, and the Zelda fanbase doesn’t care.

You guys have no idea how painful big changes can be, at least you don’t have to deal with the Halo series switching art styles EVERY SINGLE GAME. Stop, and think about it for a second. Imagine one Halo game having a dark and gritty master chief fighting the ferocious horror esque flood (as Halo normally does), and the next having an anime chibi master chief fighting flood with big anime eyes. That’s the kinda crap Zelda fans have to deal with every single GAME. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it Halo fans? I know it is.

Zelda fans have it bad (I’m both a Halo and Zelda fan). I wish the fanbases could switch places!

1. Halo fans are way to rebellious to every bit of change
2. Zelda fans are way to docile and submissive to every bit of change

VIDEO GAME FANS ARE INSANE!

I would give ANYTHNG to make the changes that are as minor as Halo’s changes, happen in Zelda, rather than the large changes the series is dealing with!

So Halo fans, when you are irked by small changes in the series, calm yourself down by thinking like this. It could be alot worse. When you see Halo 6 giving master chief a new armor design for example, don’t flip out. Keep calm, and think <strong>“at least Master Chief isn’t riding an elephant underwater fighting mobsters from the 1920s while the marines have a character deisgns looks like this: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/261/0/0/Chibi_Sgt_Avery_J__Johnson_by_GuyverC.jpg</strong>. Trust me, things could be so much worse for the Halo series in terms of change. We Halo fans have it lucky.

Just because we have it lucky doesn’t mean we should take potential flaws lying down. Agree with you though and will say again that we are not the Ur-example of change. Maybe that’s why I have not been as fazed as others are about 343’s touches, because I have seen this situation taken to a larger extreme.

> 2533274873310828;2:
> Just because we have it lucky doesn’t mean we should take potential flaws lying down. Agree with you though and will say again that we are not the Ur-example of change. Maybe that’s why I have not been as fazed as others are about 343’s touches, because I have seen this situation taken to a larger extreme.

Well said good sir/miss. You have seen the light and have been awoken.
We as fans should let the devs know changes we don’t like, but we shouldn’t flip out over every little change. Seeing threads of people flipping out over “Elite’s feet being too small/large” makes me worry how they will handle larger changes.

I found your post funny if anything, but Zelda has always been about changing every game. If the games suddenly stop involving the Triforce can Princess Zelda then I will call Zelda dead. Halo too me will always remain Halo as long as the sci-fi element and Forerunners and Halo rings remain a central plot point throughout. The gameplay does not matter to me at all as long as it feels complex. Evolving to me has always been about adding more while making the obvious things become more second nature. The scene where Link is able to ride the horse without having a player needed to keep him moving is brilliant to me. A Grizzly could have the same feature, have the tank use a button to toggle the movement on and off and the left and right sticks to involve main cannon and turret respectively. Carried away but yeah…

> 2533274831388058;4:
> I found your post funny if anything, but Zelda has always been about changing every game. If the games suddenly stop involving the Triforce can Princess Zelda then I will call Zelda dead. Halo too me will always remain Halo as long as the sci-fi element and Forerunners and Halo rings remain a central plot point throughout. The gameplay does not matter to me at all as long as it feels complex. Evolving to me has always been about adding more while making the obvious things become more second nature. The scene where Link is able to ride the horse without having a player needed to keep him moving is brilliant to me. A Grizzly could have the same feature, have the tank use a button to toggle the movement on and off and the left and right sticks to involve main cannon and turret respectively. Carried away but yeah…

Well gameplay changes are another story. What I’m saying is that at least Halo dosen’t have to suffer from genre changes, or art style changes. Meanwhile people complain about small things like Elite’s having hooves too small/big.

Wind Waker was just one game…

> Trust me, things could be so much worse for the Halo series in terms of change.

That’s a fallacy. Just because things could be worse doesn’t mean we should accept them the way they are.

> What I’m saying is that at least Halo dosen’t have to suffer from genre changes, or art style changes.

But the art style has changed. Some times more than others.

Genre…don’t even get me started.

> 2533274819302824;6:
> Wind Waker was just one game…
>
>
>
> > Trust me, things could be so much worse for the Halo series in terms of change.
>
>
> That’s a fallacy. Just because things could be worse doesn’t mean we should accept them the way they are.
>
>
>
> > What I’m saying is that at least Halo dosen’t have to suffer from genre changes, or art style changes.
>
>
> But the art style has changed. Some times more than others.
>
> Genre…don’t even get me started.

But in your opinion, has the crisis as of present reached DmC levels yet?

> 2533274873310828;7:
> But in your opinion, has the crisis as of present reached DmC levels yet?

In what way? General opinion? No, I don’t believe most people have a problem with the feel of the game even though I do. Most people are probably indifferent.

I don’t know much about DmC, except for the threats over Dante’s hair.

OP, your post has flawed logic. Just because Halo’s changes are relatively minor doesn’t mean that they’re not there. Not to mention you list examples of change that would be obviously drastic - yet the changes that Halo 5 is facing are small but many. That’s why Halo fans are complaining.

As for Zelda suddenly having “robot and high tech crap”, I always thought that Zelda had some sort of magic-powered robot vibe to it ever since The Legend of Zelda (Literally the first Zelda game in existence) due to it having a ‘race’ of animated statues by the name of “Armos”.

> 2533274819302824;8:
> > 2533274873310828;7:
> > But in your opinion, has the crisis as of present reached DmC levels yet?
>
>
>
> In what way? General opinion? No, I don’t believe most people have a problem with the feel of the game even though I do. Most people are probably indifferent.

Not just general opinion, but how the radical of the changes were from the original DMC and then comparing to the severity of the changes now. That, and the response of the developers to the fans. 343 have been really nice, if a bit disappointing, compared to the immature brats at Ninja Theory.

Only when the situation has reached the same severity of that dark time will I start losing my -Yoink- too.

> I don’t know much about DmC, except for the threats over Dante’s hair.

Characterisation was also greatly changed for the characters, with Dante going from a lovable rogue to an emo, foul-mouthed uncultured punk and Vergil losing his cold and dignified grace. Do not get me started over Ninja Theory bashing the original fans.

Ppl complain about the art style changing like we don’t change Dev team I never got it tbh. It’s art style the first thing to change or the obvious change?

> 2533274881015020;9:
> OP, your post has flawed logic. Just because Halo’s changes are relatively minor doesn’t mean that they’re not there. Not to mention you list examples of change that would be obviously drastic - yet the changes that Halo 5 is facing are small but many. That’s why Halo fans are complaining.
>
> As for Zelda suddenly having “robot and high tech crap”, I always thought that Zelda had some sort of magic-powered robot vibe to it ever since The Legend of Zelda (Literally the first Zelda game in existence) due to it having a ‘race’ of animated statues by the name of “Armos”.

Armos are magical enchanted statues, wich is fitting to the series medieval esque fairy tale genre, not robots.

That high tech bow in Zelda Wii U, seemed like it was going too far, as well as that tentacle robot thing (but if it was just an armos statue kinda thing and not a robot, then that is fine). Also, what the heck was up with the ancient robots in Skyward Sword?! And Link, a guy dressed like robin hood using a medieval sword and shield going up against a guy waving a technologically advanced electric rod (http://s1139.photobucket.com/user/Uduelists/media/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Skyward%20Sword/Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1104_22.jpg.html), that was unfitting as hell and dumb. Heck, Aonuma even said “I wan’t motercycles to appear in Zelda games I work on” (http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/16/6988517/legend-of-zeldas-aonuma-wants-links-motorcycle-in-more-games) Link riding a modern day motercycle instead of his medieval steed Epona?!, that’s going WAY too far. Skyward Sword, Zelda Wii U, recent Zelda games are messing with the series’s original genre, and that change is too much in my opinion.

Getting back on topic, the changes in Halo are no where near as dramatic as that.

> 2533274835305187;11:
> Ppl complain about the art style changing like we don’t change Dev team I never got it tbh. It’s art style the first thing to change or the obvious change?

sorry, can you reprhase that? I don’t get what you are saying?

Change Zeldas genre entirely, and no one bats an eye, change Halos shield recharge noise from a bwoop, to a bweep, and everyone loses their mind.

/Jokermeme

> 2533274952179659;13:
> > 2533274835305187;11:
> > Ppl complain about the art style changing like we din’t change Dev team I never got it tbh. It’s art style the first thing to change or the obvious change?
>
>
> sorry, can you reprhase that? I don’t get what you are saying?

Oh my just re read that my bad. What I ment was why are ppl so shocked about the change in art style. It’s only normal for a DEV team to have a different style

I think I know what ‘change’ is, OP.

I’ve watched a AAA series DIE from ‘changes’ before. I’m a Crash Bandicoot fan. Halo is making a lot of the same mistakes too.

Halo in the last few games has skipped across FPS sub-genres like nobody’s business. Now we have the devs shouting “ARENA! EQUAL STARTS! IMMERSION!” in our faces and giving us a product that hardly resembles original Halo gameplay or aesthetics. Don’t make it look like we’re complaining about insignificant things as a whole.

I love the Zelda series too, but honestly I can’t say I feel your pain. To this day I’ll occasionally play any 2D game or N64 game, and even Wind Waker. When the Wii era hit I -Yoinked!- off entirely. I found Twilight Princess incredibly boring, and all it took for me to not even consider buying Skyward Sword was watching gameplay footage.

Funny how your examples of the change in Halo are the tiniest things like the announcer. The things people aare really mad about are that the whole mechanics of the game have been changed which is a big deal in an FPS. Adding in sprint, AAs, care packages, perks, loadouts, tons of one shot werapons, making all the maps huge, making an automatic weapon the msot powerful starter weapon etc etc etc adding in ADS and ground pound making Halo look like every other generic FPS shooter.

And really Zelda is lame get that -Yoink- out of the Halo forums

> 2535416519117528;18:
> Funny how your examples of the change in Halo are the tiniest things like the announcer. The things people aare really mad about are that the whole mechanics of the game have been changed which is a big deal in an FPS. Adding in sprint, AAs, care packages, perks, loadouts, tons of one shot werapons, making all the maps huge, making an automatic weapon the msot powerful starter weapon etc etc etc adding in ADS and ground pound making Halo look like every other generic FPS shooter.
>
> And really Zelda is lame get that -Yoink- out of the Halo forums

-Huge maps have always been a part of Halo, and the Halo 5 maps arn’t even huge or BTB. They are specifically small close quarter maps designed for competitive combat.
-There are no care packages or AAs. The AAs in Halo 5, they are actually SAs wich have been in Halo since Halo 2 (dual wielding is an example of an SA). (if you are refering to Halo Reach or Halo 4, I understand how you feel, but these don’t apply to Halo 5 / future Halo games)

-Halo 5 has no perks or load outs (if you are refering to Halo Reach or Halo 4, I understand how you feel, but these don’t apply to Halo 5 / future Halo games)

-“ADS” does make Halo look like a generic FPS, but it only makes it LOOK, not PLAY. Look is all the “ADS” does to Halo 5. It’s actually not “ADS”, it’s scope/zoom. Scope/zoom has been in Halo since Halo CE. All they did was make scope/zoom look more realistic by showing your sights. It’s the same gameplay mechanic, different look. It plays like Halo, but this reskin makes it look like a generic FPS. I’ll give you that, you are right, Halo 5’s scope/zoom does look like a generic FPS, but it does not PLAY like a generic FPS. It’s the same Halo zoom/scope mechanic since Halo CE

-Ground Pound is very original, I’ve never seen a ground pound mechanic like that in any other FPS game, I don’t think it’s generic.

-As for Zelda being lame, I only brought it up for an example of change, you are right it isn’t relevant. But saying it’s lame is objective. I think the series has become lame due to recent changes, but at one point the series was fantastic. But then again, even my opinion is objective.

> 2533274873783305;14:
> Change Zeldas genre entirely, and no one bats an eye, change Halos shield recharge noise from a bwoop, to a bweep, and everyone loses their mind.
>
> /Jokermeme

^
This