You guys are calling every weapon overpowered

Enough so that I can’t be oblivious to it anymore…

The BR, the AR, the SMG, the Light Rifle, etc. I think I’ve seen at least one “Pistol is OP” thread…

Realistically, the Light Rifle can’t be overpowered anymore, because it’s a tier 2 weapon now (there needs to be a reason for picking up the dang thing.) It’s kinda like the Concussion Rifle/Brute Shot, and the Focus Rifle in that regard.

So what’s the deal? Has anyone considered that the shields are just a tad low overall?

You know the game is balanced when nobody can make up their minds over what’s OP and what’s not. :smiley:

its because they got killed.

The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf

> 2602973356072471;3:
> its because they got killed.

I get a kick out of the guys saying that the AR can now beat a BR at longer ranges. It cant. If they are dying from AR shots from that far away they either suck really bad, or they aren’t noticing how many other players are shooting at them too. The radar doesn’t really have a big radius in Halo 5. They don’t show up until they are really close.

> 2533274888709110;4:
> The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf

The same argument could be made for boosting the base shields.

If everything is OP, nothing is…

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274888709110;4:
> > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
>
>
> But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?

Either way you do it, it will still decrease the effectiveness of the weapon. Raise the shield strength? It will take more shots to take a guy out. Lower the weapon strength it will take more shots to get a kill.

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274888709110;4:
> > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
>
>
> But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?

Because Halo plays better when weapons are lethal, and any more shields in Halo 5 causes Thruster/Sprinting away from fights to become exponentially more of a problem than it already is.

If anything, shields should receive a tad nerf or stay the way they are. We’re already at a point where Halo 2 and Halo 1 had more lethal primary weapons, but you’re able to Thruster and Sprint away form firefights. Making weapons any less lethal would be a HUGE mistake.

> Because Halo plays better when weapons are lethal, and any more shields in Halo 5 causes Thruster/Sprinting away from fights to become exponentially more of a problem than it already is.
> If anything, shields should receive a tad nerf or stay the way they are. We’re already at a point where Halo 2 and Halo 1 had more lethal primary weapons, but you’re able to Thruster and Sprint away form firefights. Making weapons any less lethal would be a HUGE mistake.

Absolutely correct.

No, really I was just trying to say that the weapons are balanced the way they are.

> 2533274819002902;2:
> You know the game is balanced when nobody can make up their minds over what’s OP and what’s not. :smiley:

^^Lol

> 2533274888709110;4:
> The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf

Like literally it feels like we’re all doing 110% damage vs. the typical 100% damage. Or just simply fix the fire rates on most of the guns. That would also probably solve it. You just die so fast in this game, it’s ridicules lol

It

> 2535460843083983;10:
> > 2533274909396865;8:
> > > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > > 2533274888709110;4:
> > > > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Either way you do it, it will still decrease the effectiveness of the weapon. Raise the shield strength? It will take more shots to take a guy out. Lower the weapon strength it will take more shots to get a kill.
>
>
>
> I’m not saying it wouldn’t achieve the same goal… Your way is just harder

But it’s a bad goal and will ruin the game… don’t forget that this game has Thruster and Sprint, you’re just creating an environment where kills are harder to finish than Reach =(

> 2533274819002902;5:
> > 2602973356072471;3:
> > its because they got killed.
>
>
> I get a kick out of the guys saying that the AR can now beat a BR at longer ranges. It cant. If they are dying from AR shots from that far away they either suck really bad, or they aren’t noticing how many other players are shooting at them too. The radar doesn’t really have a big radius in Halo 5. They don’t show up until they are really close.

i didnt say anything like that lol.
Im just stating most players who call out OP weapons are usually only saying it because they lose against those weapons.

All weapons in Halo 5 beta are well balanced so far

> 2537295861501689;12:
> It
>
> > 2535460843083983;10:
> > > 2533274909396865;8:
> > > > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > > > 2533274888709110;4:
> > > > > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Either way you do it, it will still decrease the effectiveness of the weapon. Raise the shield strength? It will take more shots to take a guy out. Lower the weapon strength it will take more shots to get a kill.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m not saying it wouldn’t achieve the same goal… Your way is just harder
>
>
>
>
> But it’s a bad goal and will ruin the game… don’t forget that this game has Thruster and Sprint, you’re just creating an environment where kills are harder to finish than Reach =(

Again, are you assuming I support longer kill times because I made this thread? I never said I personally would like the shields to be higher. I apologize for implying that (I think I did…)

> 2535460843083983;14:
> > 2537295861501689;12:
> > It
> >
> > > 2535460843083983;10:
> > > > 2533274909396865;8:
> > > > > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > > > > 2533274888709110;4:
> > > > > > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Either way you do it, it will still decrease the effectiveness of the weapon. Raise the shield strength? It will take more shots to take a guy out. Lower the weapon strength it will take more shots to get a kill.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I’m not saying it wouldn’t achieve the same goal… Your way is just harder

My way? What exactly was my way?

> 2533274909396865;15:
> My way? What exactly was my way?

*That way. It’s harder that way.

HOLY CRAP THAT POST IS GONE. I don’t even know…

The TTK in halo5 is reduced compared to previous halos. There for most of the guns feels op because we aren’t used to it.
Why?coughsprintcough

plays great - weapons are balanced

i personally love it so much I have anxiety about the end of the beta

> 2537295861501689;12:
> It
>
> > 2535460843083983;10:
> > > 2533274909396865;8:
> > > > 2535460843083983;6:
> > > > > 2533274888709110;4:
> > > > > The game is balanced, everything is over powered though. People don’t like dying so quickly in halo and frankly I don’t blame them. The light rifle (just as every weapon) needs a nerf
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > But like I said, why nerf every weapon when you can just boost the base shields?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Either way you do it, it will still decrease the effectiveness of the weapon. Raise the shield strength? It will take more shots to take a guy out. Lower the weapon strength it will take more shots to get a kill.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m not saying it wouldn’t achieve the same goal… Your way is just harder
>
> But it’s a bad goal and will ruin the game… don’t forget that this game has Thruster and Sprint, you’re just creating an environment where kills are harder to finish than Reach =
>
> Not if you remove sprint and up the movement speed. Then we can also lower the kill times as everyone want to.

To clear things up, I never said I wanted higher kill times. I already know why they work in Halo 5…

My main argument is that the weapons are balanced already.