You get banned if you have a Negative K/D.

I think this is good In My Opinion. If you think about it you will notice this is good. Because Imagine your in a game and you team is doing incredible but one person in your team is committing suicide and you lose because of him. I think this is great and this will make the game more smooth.

Lots of people are complaining because they are banned for having a Negative K/D now.

this is a really bad idea and no one is getting baned for there K/D

> this is a really bad idea and no one is getting baned for there K/D

Lots of people are getting banned. If you go on Bungie Forums you’ll notice they are complaining.

This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.

What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?

Someone shouldn’t be banned simply because they did badly in a game.

> This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
>
> What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?

You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.

> > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> >
> > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
>
> You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.

No, if you die more than you kill you get a negative K/D for that game. There is no such thing as overall negative K/D. It’s a ratio, and ratios aren’t negative.

I often go negative on bad days, does this mean I should be banned? Just because someone is bad at the game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy it.

> > > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> > >
> > > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
> >
> > You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.
>
> No, if you die more than you kill you get a negative K/D for that game. There is no such thing as overall negative K/D. It’s a ratio, and ratios aren’t negative.
>
> I often go negative on bad days, does this mean I should be banned? Just because someone is bad at the game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy it.

They obviously aren’t going to make it so that as soon as you get a negative K/D you get banned. They watch your score until they notice that all you do is suicide.

> > > > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> > > >
> > > > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
> > >
> > > You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.
> >
> > No, if you die more than you kill you get a negative K/D for that game. There is no such thing as overall negative K/D. It’s a ratio, and ratios aren’t negative.
> >
> > I often go negative on bad days, does this mean I should be banned? Just because someone is bad at the game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy it.
>
> They obviously aren’t going to make it so that as soon as you get a negative K/D you get banned. They watch your score until they notice that all you do is suicide.

I commit suicide almost every game by accident.

> > > > > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> > > > >
> > > > > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
> > > >
> > > > You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.
> > >
> > > No, if you die more than you kill you get a negative K/D for that game. There is no such thing as overall negative K/D. It’s a ratio, and ratios aren’t negative.
> > >
> > > I often go negative on bad days, does this mean I should be banned? Just because someone is bad at the game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy it.
> >
> > They obviously aren’t going to make it so that as soon as you get a negative K/D you get banned. They watch your score until they notice that all you do is suicide.
>
> I commit suicide almost every game by accident.

Bungie does have that in mind. Lots of people commit suicide. But for example if they see you commit suicide like in maps that’s impossible or they see you just commit suicide and don’t get any kills you’ll be banned. Easy as that. They did think it out of how everybody has commited suicide and nobodies perfect…

> > > > > > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
> > > > >
> > > > > You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.
> > > >
> > > > No, if you die more than you kill you get a negative K/D for that game. There is no such thing as overall negative K/D. It’s a ratio, and ratios aren’t negative.
> > > >
> > > > I often go negative on bad days, does this mean I should be banned? Just because someone is bad at the game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t enjoy it.
> > >
> > > They obviously aren’t going to make it so that as soon as you get a negative K/D you get banned. They watch your score until they notice that all you do is suicide.
> >
> > I commit suicide almost every game by accident.
>
> Bungie does have that in mind. Lots of people commit suicide. But for example if they see you commit suicide like in maps that’s impossible or they see you just commit suicide and don’t get any kills you’ll be banned. Easy as that. They did think it out of how everybody has commited suicide and nobodies perfect…

Okay, this is bothering me, so I’m going to go ahead and correct you. There is no current ban for people who play badly or have “negative” K/Ds. Get that through your head.

Secondly, this system just could not work. It would ban too many innocents. Not to mention this isn’t even a widespread problem. I’ve had people purposely bring the entire team down maybe five times. Three in Halo 3 and 2 in Reach.

There is no such thing as a “negative K/D ratio.” It’s actually a K/D ratio of less than 1.00, but I guess “negative” rolls of your tongue more easily than “less than one-point-oh-oh”. :wink:

Anyway, banning people for having a negative K/D ratio is one of the worst things I heard in a veeeeery long time. Banning people for frequently having a negative K/D ratio in Firefight, however, is something completely different that I actually support. I mean, the only way you can ever go negative in FF is by not playing.

Ban the people who go AFK, I mean seriously if you aren’t gonna play then you shouldn’t even bother goin in a lobby.

> Ban the people who go AFK, I mean seriously if you aren’t gonna play then you shouldn’t even bother goin in a lobby.

They are banning people that are going AFK. Who ever you’ve seen AFKing is probably banned right now. For example its like this:

1. AFK
  2. AFK
  3. AFK
  4. Play
  5. Play

–Banned.

In a teamslayer game, it’s… well, IMPOSSIBLE to win unless at least one person on the losing team to have a negative K/D. Mostly, the losing team’s players will generally have a negative K/D ratio. So, ban the losing team once they start losing? Makes sense… xD

People shoulnt get banned for being bad at the game. Really bad idea

> > Ban the people who go AFK, I mean seriously if you aren’t gonna play then you shouldn’t even bother goin in a lobby.
>
> They are banning people that are going AFK. Who ever you’ve seen AFKing is probably banned right now. For example its like this:
> …
> 1) AFK
> 2) AFK
> 3) AFK
> 4) Play
> 5) Play
>
> --Banned.

No, they get a rank reset.

> > > Ban the people who go AFK, I mean seriously if you aren’t gonna play then you shouldn’t even bother goin in a lobby.
> >
> > They are banning people that are going AFK. Who ever you’ve seen AFKing is probably banned right now. For example its like this:
> > …
> > 1) AFK
> > 2) AFK
> > 3) AFK
> > 4) Play
> > 5) Play
> >
> > --Banned.
>
> No, they get a rank reset.

Thats true. But not always. For example if you AFK in FireFight you will be reseted as you dsaid but in MM most likely not but if you frequently do it yes.

> > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> >
> > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
>
> You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.

So the people I know that only play Grifball should be banned because they are under a 1.0 k/d? This does not make sense to me.

> > > This is a terrible idea and should not carry over in future iterations.
> > >
> > > What if you love the Halo franchise but aren’t that good of a player? Do you deserve to be banned?
> >
> > You don’t understand. Negative K/D is basically impossible to get unless you betray/commit suicide. If you play decently and even if its your first time playing in any game you’ll basically will have a positive K/D. You could have a couple more deaths but you won’t be banned for that. You’ll be banned for just messing up your team.
>
> So the people I know that only play Grifball should be banned because they are under a 1.0 k/d? This does not make sense to me.

Frequent games. For example in Team Slayer there’s a huge amount of people that like to commit suicide. Just like when you get caught for AFK.