You feel like aiming is broken b/c assist is low

And that’s the bottom line. You’re used to heavy aim assist in games like Destiny. Turn your sensitivity down to 3, and throw a kontrol freek cqc on your right stick, and chill the fk out.

No, it’s the huge deadzones…

Aim acceleration is a little wonky. Aim assist is not what everyone is talking about.

Really dude? There’s so much proof out there that its the aiming deadzones, and everyone is posting it. How do you figure everyone else is “lol just dumb and bad”

More like it actually is broken

“but its BROKEN”

I’ve never missed a shot because of some deadzone. I have missed because I missed, though.

Just sayin’

“It’s the huge deadzones”
“It’s the turn acceleration”
“It’s the x vs y axis”
etc etc.

It’s really the low aim assist. That is why you guys are having trouble hitting stuff.

Its the deadzones. Halo5 actually has huge amounts of aim assist to compensate for the higher mobility. The aim assist is not the issue. Aim acceleration is. It causes players who are anywhere from casual to semi pro to find it difficult to hit anything on their first shot. I remember a halo when I could plant all my shots on someones head, even with lowered aim assist. It was a direct result of properly proportioned deadzones and smooth aim. In Halo 5 players are experiencing jittery and jumpy aiming. that causes alot of issues. I get that some people are ok with it. However, what is so wrong with us wanting to be able to play the game and be comfortable doing so?

No this is why we say the aiming mechanics are broken. Halo 5's Aiming System (UPDATED)

People like OP are the problem because they make these know-it-all style post without reading anything about the issue at all.

acceleration and aim assist are two different animals OP.

I hate aim assist. but in this case, the lack of aim assist is not the issue at all.

> 2533274817598996;7:
> “It’s the huge deadzones”
> “It’s the turn acceleration”
> “It’s the x vs y axis”
> etc etc.
>
> It’s really the low aim assist. That is why you guys are having trouble hitting stuff.

Exactly. Getting a little tired of people complaining about aiming being “broken” some how. I haven’t had any problems with it nor has anybody I play with (otherwise they would have complained about it).

I dont have a problem with the aiming, nor does anyone in my company. But then again none of us are super legit ultra MLG op elite 360 no-scope pros.

i am playing with kb + m , it is not the missing aim assist , the aiming itself feels clunky and inconsistent , it is down to the acceleration

I’ve gotten used to it at this point

There was a poll on this… most people have been turning their sensitivity up, not down. It’s not the aim assist. Don’t make yourself look so stupid, for your own sake.

> 2535424878075385;12:
> I dont have a problem with the aiming, nor does anyone in my company. But then again none of us are super legit ultra MLG op elite 360 no-scope pros

I have noticed a lot less aim assist in H5 In comparison to previous halo games but it doesn’t seem to bother me, can anyone explain to me the situation with these ‘dead zones’ and what they are and what’s wrong with them? Trying to understand what’s different as I’ve played since H3

thanks

> 2533274817598996;1:
> And that’s the bottom line. You’re used to heavy aim assist in games like Destiny. Turn your sensitivity down to 3, and throw a kontrol freek cqc on your right stick, and chill the fk out.

Actually, turning UP the sensitivity is what fixed it for me

I used 3-4 since Halo:CE, but now 6 feels **perfect.**And it makes perfect sense when you think about it…
The “wonkiness” in acceleration is mostly an issue experienced due to shifts in distance. At long-medium range, 3-4 is “regular speed,” but then at close-range, that’s when you notice that the acceleration delay is gone, making it feel like a sudden shift upwards in speed (ESPECIALLY IF SWITCHING BETWEEN ARENA & WARZONE FREQUENTLY!!). This makes it incredibly difficult to get used to your sensitivity, as it FEELS like it’s constantly changing.

However, *if your sensitivity is always fast to begin with, then you remove that “shift” in speed entirely.*This makes aiming considerably more consistent regardless of the situation, allowing the player to adapt much easier to that singular speed.

Bonus: the faster you can look around, the more time you have to line up the shot! There’s no “panicked” feeling to shoot as fast as possible when you’re the one consistently getting the first shot off, you can just relax pace your shots an extra split-second if needed. And with how much faster-paced the gameplay & movement is in H5, quick reaction is more important than ever before.

Of course, it takes time to get used to it (~10 hours for me) but it’s 100% worth it!

I have no problems either, in fact I have no idea what this dead zone thing even is

> 2533274871621586;5:
> More like it actually is broken

Yep. This summarises the problem. At a particular point, the stick doesn’t think you are aiming; it thinks you are turning. This causes your reticle to jump.

Increasing the sensitivity mitigates it a little because you can track faster moving targets with finer movements of the stick. But however you set up your sensitivity, depending on whether you go high or low, you’re going to find either long range or close range aiming difficult.