"You either die a hero..."

“… Or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.”

With that said. Halo should have died after Halo 3. The story was over, it was the last even remotely true-to Halo style game in the series. And all we’ve gotten since has been grade-c trash that we so desperately try to clutch on to and WISH we actually liked. But we’re all just fooling ourselves.

Halo has become the villain. It is a ruined franchise that will never get better.

This is me announcing that after 7 years of Halo. After dedicating not just my time, but more effort and passion than ANYTHING ELSE in my life into the Halo franchise. I have quit. Halo Reach was insulting enough, and Halo 4 is a joke.

Bungie and 343i have, together depressed me to the point where I look at my last couple of years, and my future and feel only that something dear to me has been missing, leaving a black pit. It makes me little more than sad and angry.

The worst part is that I can make CUSTOM GAMES that fix 99% of the problems I have with the game, but I’ll NEVER see the day those settings reach Matchmaking. I had a little glimmer of Halo back again in Halo CE Anniversary and the settings released with it, and even Reach’s original Team Classic. But I doubt completely that 343i will come through with anything like that again.

So goodbye Halo, goodbye 343i. There’s ANOTHER less customer in a list of what is it now, at least 100,000? Halo 5’s gonna sell like a joke. You screwed the Pooch.

I disagree, but at least 1 less hater on the forums.

> I disagree, but at least 1 less hater on the forums.

I’m not saying this as a hater. I’m saying this as a lover of Halo, who has been pretty emotionally depressed by the utter lack of care or attention 343i gave to the expectations of him, and the community as a whole.

I’ve watched not just the franchise, but the community, and one thing I saw 343i do that utterly insults me, is blatantly ignore everything the mass of the community ever had to say was a problem in Halo Reach, and instead do the exact opposite of what the community wanted to see done, and kept everything either the same, or turned around and made it worse. Almost as if to say “Oh, you don’t like Halo Reach? Well at least it wasn’t ‘this’ bad” when they made Halo 4.

then you might want to go to the call of duty forums bud cause what he said was all true halo isn’t the same they designed it to be something like call of duty you got Damage boost, Rogue(Ghost) reloading faster(Sleight Of hand) Sprint well thats straight from call of duty. the list goes on

i miss halo 2.

Enjoy your retirement.

> then you might want to go to the call of duty forums bud cause what he said was all true halo isn’t the same they designed it to be something like call of duty you got Damage boost, Rogue(Ghost) reloading faster(Sleight Of hand) Sprint well thats straight from call of duty. the list goes on
>
> i miss halo 2.

yup, because COD came out with all those features first /sarcasim.

News flash, none of those features were invented by COD.

Okay bye, I’ll make sure to send you a going away gift.

> Enjoy your retirement.

Thanks I’ll try. This is kind of a depressing time for me… But hopefully I’ll be able to move on. I’m thinking of looking into Destiny, and getting ‘back’ into League of Legends.