You DON'T want to get in the Gauss Hog? Okay.

Last match I played was a BTB match on Exile. When we were about 60 kills in, I got in the blue team’s gauss and starting racking up the kills. I told my team “Hey if you drive me around we can win in less than a minute.” They ignored me, I got killed, and someone on my team lasered the gauss when nobody was in it. …what the -Yoink-
ITT we discuss how stupid our teammates can be.

They probably hate using vehicles as they assume they’re “weak.” Them avoiding the Gauss could be an example.

Hey OP, how happy would you have been if he did drive, and immediately drove you full pelt into a wall after chasing splatters (and missing all of them)

Seriously when i’m red and manage to steal that thing I set it up as a pillbox and try and get as many kills as I can, if someone jumps in the drivers seat and does a good job awesome, someone jumps in floors the pedal I’ll probably bail.

> Hey OP, how happy would you have been if he did drive, and immediately drove you full pelt into a wall after chasing splatters (and missing all of them)
>
> Seriously when i’m red and manage to steal that thing I set it up as a pillbox and try and get as many kills as I can, if someone jumps in the drivers seat and does a good job awesome, someone jumps in floors the pedal I’ll probably bail.

I think having a driver is still better than being a sitting duck.
Plus on Exile all you need to do with the gauss is drive in circles. If my driver fails to do even that I’d get out and go back to using my LR.

So reaction was to come to the Halowaypoint Forum;s and complain ?

Half the time I play exile there’s a dogfight in the beginning over the tank. The Gauss and Banshee just sit there until I go and get into either one.

I love to gun in the gauss i go 35+ sometimes.And if i am on the red team GTA style will happen to the blue team hog lol.

> So reaction was to come to the Halowaypoint Forum;s and complain ?

Give it a rest, he’s just talking about the game - anti-complainers are the biggest whiners on these forums.

> So reaction was to come to the Halowaypoint Forum;s and complain ?

Yeah you’re right, people complaining is the worst…

It’s a good thing you didn’t complain ABOUT complaining, that would have been silly…

And what a good thing it is I’m not doing the exact same sodding thing…

But yeah, I play pretty much nothing but BTB, and I’ve noticed a pretty damn common case of “Vehicle-Fear”. Be it because they think that they’re weak or because they know they’re terrible with them, I still think it’s damn stupid to play BTB and NOT use the bloody vehicles…

I totally get ya. I try to avoid vehicle maps unless I’m playing with folks I know, because otherwise I just end up disapointed because for some reason no one can figure out how to use a yoinking warthog!

Heck, I played a BTB game with my friends on Exile, we were down a few hundred points, then me and my usual driver stole the gauss hog from blue, and I racked up 50 kills with that, and won the game. Then, the next game, with the same people, rather than doing the sensible thing and letting the good driver and gauss-sniper gunner ride, I hop into the gauss turret and some moron hops into the driver’s seat and drives us over to the tank and parks(!) us in front of it as it rolls at us and gets us killed. The game went downhill after that as teh same moron would either take the gauss, or plasma pistol us if we managed to get any good vehicle up and going, leading to our deaths.