You can't play defiant and Noble from the anniversary disk... why?

So I was playing CEA and I found out you can’t play noble and defiant from the CEA disk when you have those downloaded, why? Can we get a patch for this? I don’t see why it can’t tell that I have the maps and load them, it is Reach after all. I could see a lot of people with just CEA buying the maps and not being able to play them.

You are supposed to download the Anniversary maps with the code they gave you so you can play all the maps on the Reach disc.

Post this in the Reach forum if you wanna moan about multiplayer maps…

Didn’t you pay attention in the months before release?

Anniversary has its own sub-section of Reach Multiplayer. Like Reach when it first released, you can play the maps on the disc. It was set up so people could have that classic experience on those specific maps. However, the download voucher in your Game Case allows you to download the Anniversary Map Pack (which is all 7 maps featured in Anniversary) to your Hard Drive just like any other DLC. The Map Pack is 1200 Microsoft Points otherwise. By downloading the Map Pack to your HDD, you can play them from your Reach disc.

TL;DR

You can only play Launch, Noble, and Defiant maps from the Reach Disc. You can download the Anniversary Maps with the code that came with the game. Anniversary is not backwards compatible with Reach, Noble, and Defiant maps. They are not on the disc.

Note: You can still play with other Anniversary owners and Reach owners (if they have the Map Pack).

> Didn’t you pay attention in the months before release?
>
> Anniversary has its own sub-section of Reach Multiplayer. Like Reach when it first released, you can play the maps on the disc. It was set up so people could have that classic experience on those specific maps. However, the download voucher in your Game Case allows you to download the Anniversary Map Pack (which is all 7 maps featured in Anniversary) to your Hard Drive just like any other DLC. The Map Pack is 1200 Microsoft Points otherwise. By downloading the Map Pack to your HDD, you can play them from your Reach disc.
>
> TL;DR
>
> You can only play Launch, Noble, and Defiant maps from the Reach Disc. You can download the Anniversary Maps with the code that came with the game. Anniversary is not backwards compatible with Reach, Noble, and Defiant maps. They are not on the disc.
>
> Note: You can still play with other Anniversary owners and Reach owners (if they have the Map Pack).

There are no maps on the CEA disk, and you didn’t address his point. His point, which I consider valid, is that you should be able to play Noble and Defiant maps from CEA since it uses the same game engine. If the Reach engine can play Reach and CEA maps, then CEA should be able to do so as well. The only limitation being that it wouldn’t play maps that came with Reach for copyright reasons.

The problem with the current implementation is that you’re limited to six maps and worse, only five playlists (which is a separate issue). Firefight players are limited to one map. Why shouldn’t people who bought the Defiant map pack be able to use it from within Anniversary if they want to do so?

What I see happening is that people will play the CEA campaign for a while then just use Reach for multiplayer since they’ll have access to all the maps and playlists, plus a whole lot more.

Yeah, I noticed this as well, kind of disappointing, weird thing is the Noble and Defiant maps will show up in theater mode if you have replays from them, just not in forge or custom games, so the game can obviously detect and read the DLC content in some way.

Make sure you are choosing HALO REACH and not the HALO REACH ANNIVERSARY DLC (if you are using the preview dashboard anyway, I don’t know what it looks like on the normal dashboard). I’ve noticed my Xbox separates the Anniversary maps into its own “game” with a Halo Reach picture. So I made the mistake of choosing the wrong one, which only let me play Anniversary maps. Maybe that is what the issue is here.

> Make sure you are choosing HALO REACH and not the HALO REACH ANNIVERSARY DLC (if you are using the preview dashboard anyway, I don’t know what it looks like on the normal dashboard). I’ve noticed my Xbox separates the Anniversary maps into its own “game” with a Halo Reach picture. So I made the mistake of choosing the wrong one, which only let me play Anniversary maps. Maybe that is what the issue is here.

What? I’m talking about booting up the mutliplayer from Anniversary.