You can't compare Halo 5 to Halo 1-3

The stories are completely different. Halo CE to 3 are about the halo array and the main enemy being the flood. Well guess what the flood is gone with the accomplishment made by the Master Chief and the Arbiter. Remember that anything could have happened after Halo 3. This is a completely new saga, a new story, and new enemies. I’m pretty sure the covenant has learned to never touch the Halo arrays again because they know it will kill them too. But apparently they were dumb enough to touch a giant metal planet… Has anyone question what else the forerunners have built besides the Halo Array? The shield world that was shown in Halo Wars is another one. So there are other secrets in the universe that the forerunners have kept and like it or not Humans and the Covenant like to touch stuff.

And from the events of Halo 4, it would be weird if they just cut off “the mantle of responsibilities” don’t you think? Scrapping that idea mid game? That would not make any sense and would leave people to question the story or perhaps not even go back to Halo.

As for multiplayer:
Seriously it needed changes so that people won’t feel like they are playing the same game and it started with Bungie making that change.
Sprint was seriously needed. Walking across blood gulch took a long time. I have asked for it, friends and family that plays it too and even the community. Sprint was good and bad in Halo 4, at least now its balanced with a huge trade off. Honestly if you can’t hit the target that is sprinting then work on your aiming. Sprinting brings a new challenge, learn to work with it.

Thank god loadouts are equal for everyone. This is what they mean by bring the classic style bad. Equal starts with everyone. They didn’t mean no sprint or other armor abilities. If you want classic classic, go do that in custom games. Otherwise Team Arena now is introducing new mechanics in halo multiplayer. At least there are no perks or armor mods in a ranking matchmaking, but only in Warzone. And they are not even that detrimental to the gameplay.

Cons:
-Yes aiming is a bit horrid for some players and not for others
-Armor customization has been limited but people are somewhat okay with this. I find it stressfull to see nice armor parts on other armor sets that could fit with another torso armor. Not only that, the good looking armor is what people would chose. I don’t feel my spartan is my own or I don’t feel different from other people’s choices… Some of you may not find this a problem which is okay.

I can’t think of anything else. What is the communities list of pros and cons and can they be fixed? Would you still compare Halo 4 to 5 with the first trilogy and why! Don’t just write because its Halo 1 to 3. That’s Bungie’s story, this is 343i writing a completely new saga from Halo 3.

You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay

> 2535434735989671;2:
> You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay

This.
You complain that it takes too long to run across Blood Gulch without sprint. Well… it’s supposed to take a long time to run across Blood Gulch. It’s a big map. That’s why it’s got vehicles. Don’t feel like trekking across the map on foot? shoot people with long range weapons or drive over to them. Sprint eliminates the need to fight over vehicle control and that isn’t a good thing.

> 2535434735989671;2:
> You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay

Really and what is that?

> 2811398874529013;3:
> > 2535434735989671;2:
> > You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay
>
>
> This.
> You complain that it takes too long to run across Blood Gulch without sprint. Well… it’s supposed to take a long time to run across Blood Gulch. It’s a big map. That’s why it’s got vehicles. Don’t feel like trekking across the map on foot? shoot people with long range weapons or drive over to them. Sprint eliminates the need to fight over vehicle control and that isn’t a good thing.

I still think vehicles are need in maps now. Sprint is still not fast enough for me but maybe to get away quickly or cover not a large distance. Maybe to cut through shortcuts faster.

Sprinting across blood gulch is good.
Sprinting in and around obstacles isnt.

the shield regen while sprinting is a good work around, but i think more was needed in H4. a greater limit to turning and a cool down. I’m guessing H5 suffers from the same issues.

You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.

The Flood isn’t gone.

> 2533274820562966;7:
> You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.

This is funny. You think 343 cares about us? Bungie left Halo because they wanted to move on to new projects and start something fresh. Microsoft built 343 to continue making Halo games which they now own in order to sell more Xboxes. Halo is their flagship. Microsoft and 343 are just milking this game now.
Proof? Halo 4’s disasterous multiplayer which adopted traits from Call of Duty to attract newer players used to that kind of play. The MCC with its failed launch in order to sell the game before the holidays for max profits. Halo 5’s under developed story and the crazy amount of advertising, not to mention microtransactions. Halo 3 was a great ending in my opinion, and it probably should’ve stayed like that.
At least the multiplayer of Halo 5 is fun, but it seems like 343 is focusing on E sports and multiplayer over story… kind of like Call of Duty.

> 2533274857577417;9:
> > 2533274820562966;7:
> > You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.
>
>
> This is funny. You think 343 cares about us? Bungie left Halo because they wanted to move on to new projects and start something fresh. Microsoft built 343 to continue making Halo games which they now own in order to sell more Xboxes. Halo is their flagship. Microsoft and 343 are just milking this game now.

A lot of bungie people went to 343 because they wanted to keep making halo.

> 2533274796589777;10:
> > 2533274857577417;9:
> > > 2533274820562966;7:
> > > You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.
> >
> >
> > This is funny. You think 343 cares about us? Bungie left Halo because they wanted to move on to new projects and start something fresh. Microsoft built 343 to continue making Halo games which they now own in order to sell more Xboxes. Halo is their flagship. Microsoft and 343 are just milking this game now.
>
>
> A lot of bungie people went to 343 because they wanted to keep making halo.

Only a few guys went to 343 from Bungie. This is the most popular mistake everyone makes. 3 from Bungie, 43+ from Microsoft.

> 2533274866682248;8:
> The Flood isn’t gone.

Very well aware of the flood spore on the spirit of fire. But the main threat of them is gone for now…

> 2533274820562966;7:
> You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.

You absolutely CAN compare them. 343 is continuing the Halo franchise, and doing a poor job of it. It’s reasonable to think that a sequel to the Halo games(regardless of who makes it) should play like a Halo game. If 343 wants so badly to make their own vision of how the games should play instead of continuing the original vision, then they should make something else. I’m not criticizing 343’s ability to make good games. I’m criticizing their ability to make good Halo games. They should take what they learned from H4, MCC, and H5; and they should apply that to a new intellectual property. They should drop the Halo IP and move on to something that could better suit what they really seem to want to make anyway.

> 2811398874529013;13:
> > 2533274820562966;7:
> > You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.
>
>
> You absolutely CAN compare them. 343 is continuing the Halo franchise, and doing a poor job of it. It’s reasonable to think that a sequel to the Halo games(regardless of who makes it) should play like a Halo game. If 343 wants so badly to make their own vision of how the games should play instead of continuing the original vision, then they should make something else. I’m not criticizing 343’s ability to make good games. I’m criticizing their ability to make good Halo games. They should take what they learned from H4, MCC, and H5; and they should apply that to a new intellectual property. They should drop the Halo IP and move on to something that could better suit what they really seem to want to make anyway.

Please elaborate on what makes a good Halo game.

> 2535409103705542;14:
> > 2811398874529013;13:
> > > You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.
> >
> >
> > You absolutely CAN compare them. 343 is continuing the Halo franchise, and doing a poor job of it. It’s reasonable to think that a sequel to the Halo games(regardless of who makes it) should play like a Halo game. If 343 wants so badly to make their own vision of how the games should play instead of continuing the original vision, then they should make something else. I’m not criticizing 343’s ability to make good games. I’m criticizing their ability to make good Halo games. They should take what they learned from H4, MCC, and H5; and they should apply that to a new intellectual property. They should drop the Halo IP and move on to something that could better suit what they really seem to want to make anyway.
>
>
> Please elaborate on what makes a good Halo game.

A Halo game with a good story.

> 2535409103705542;4:
> > 2535434735989671;2:
> > You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay
>
>
> Really and what is that?

The biggest issue being the stretching and elongation of maps.

We cant ever have a make like wizard, chill out, midship, guardian, etc again because of sprint.

Look at h5’s version of midship compared to h2’s and h3’s heretic. Its hugggge. And it has to be huge.

> 2535409103705542;14:
> > 2811398874529013;13:
> >
> >
> > You absolutely CAN compare them. 343 is continuing the Halo franchise, and doing a poor job of it. It’s reasonable to think that a sequel to the Halo games(regardless of who makes it) should play like a Halo game. If 343 wants so badly to make their own vision of how the games should play instead of continuing the original vision, then they should make something else. I’m not criticizing 343’s ability to make good games. I’m criticizing their ability to make good Halo games. They should take what they learned from H4, MCC, and H5; and they should apply that to a new intellectual property. They should drop the Halo IP and move on to something that could better suit what they really seem to want to make anyway.
>
>
> Please elaborate on what makes a good Halo game.

What makes a good halo game?

Lets put this into perspective here
Halo 3 at launch had roughtly 1mil people playing online at launch of the game, at the end of the games life before Halo reach came out there were still something like 500,000 people playing
Halo 3 held the top spot on XBLs most played online game list for something like 2 years straight

Now compare that to H5 which a month after launch sits as we speak #10 on the XBL most played online game which means that the population is currently sitting at anywhere between 20-25,000 players

Understand now?

> 2533274832130936;17:
> > 2535409103705542;14:
> > > 2811398874529013;13:
> > > > 2533274820562966;7:
> > > > You really can’t its two different companies they do things different judge them off their work not another company’s, besides Bungie left Halo they are done with it at least 343i cares enough to keep our story going and feeding us hours of entertainment.
> > >
> > >
> > > You absolutely CAN compare them. 343 is continuing the Halo franchise, and doing a poor job of it. It’s reasonable to think that a sequel to the Halo games(regardless of who makes it) should play like a Halo game. If 343 wants so badly to make their own vision of how the games should play instead of continuing the original vision, then they should make something else. I’m not criticizing 343’s ability to make good games. I’m criticizing their ability to make good Halo games. They should take what they learned from H4, MCC, and H5; and they should apply that to a new intellectual property. They should drop the Halo IP and move on to something that could better suit what they really seem to want to make anyway.
> >
> >
> > Please elaborate on what makes a good Halo game.
>
>
> What makes a good halo game?
>
> Lets put this into perspective here
> Halo 3 at launch had roughtly 1mil people playing online at launch of the game, at the end of the games life before Halo reach came out there were still something like 500,000 people playing
> Halo 3 held the top spot on XBLs most played online game list for something like 2 years straight
>
> Now compare that to H5 which a month after launch sits as we speak #10 on the XBL most played online game which means that the population is currently sitting at anywhere between 20-25,000 players
>
> Understand now?

Thats Halo 3 a third installment of the game. This Halo 5 a second installment to the saga. People were already hyped up by the cliffhanger from Halo 2. I know because I was. But a very valid point. However there are people still considering buying the game. And new games that fans have died for are out and playing and will most likely return to Halo 5 when new content are released. Hopefully the new content is good other wise I won’t really play Halo 5’s multiplayer as much.

> 2535434735989671;16:
> > 2535409103705542;4:
> > > 2535434735989671;2:
> > > You lack a baseline understanding of the issues sprint brings to halo gameplay
> >
> >
> > Really and what is that?
>
>
> The biggest issue being the stretching and elongation of maps.
>
> We cant ever have a make like wizard, chill out, midship, guardian, etc again because of sprint.

most of those maps were trash with the exception of guardian/midship and truth/reget are pretty much midship

> 2533274796589777;10:
> > 2533274857577417;9:
> >
> >
> > This is funny. You think 343 cares about us? Bungie left Halo because they wanted to move on to new projects and start something fresh. Microsoft built 343 to continue making Halo games which they now own in order to sell more Xboxes. Halo is their flagship. Microsoft and 343 are just milking this game now.
>
>
> A lot of bungie people went to 343 because they wanted to keep making halo.

That’s a very popular myth, but not actually true.

To quote an interview with Frankie:

> Interviewer: So, what sort of percentage of the old Bungie team came across to 343 to work on the franchise?
>
> O’Connor: 343 is almost entirely non-Bungie people. There’s a few of us, but the vast majority of the team is new and from other AAA franchises around the world. It’s a big team, 250-300 people, but very few are ex-Bungie people.

Even as recently as September, he said on NeoGAF that there were “only a few” ex-Bungie people at 343, and that there was “no brain drain of Bungie folks to 343”