You can tell how far halo has gone back

<mark>Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.</mark>

As a game When you have small playlists
Look at halo 3 playlists and game types on the 360 you could pick from
None of that on this
Game has gone backwards since halo 3 for online play

So what playlist are you looking for exactly? I’m sure that there won’t be as many playlist at launch, but I’m sure if there is something you want, it will show up eventually.

team doubles, teams snipers, lone wolves, Swot,

Look how long it took 342 to put things like this on HMCC

Even then they could not fit it all on

It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.

Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.

Yes you Are right

online play is based

on the number of playlists at launch

> 2533274794648158;4:
> It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
>
> Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.

Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.

You start small, then build out.

I do think doubles and lone wolves should be included. Mainly because I find those to be very popular playlist. I remember people going nuts over getting doubles added to MCC and Halo 4. Honestly I wasn’t paying close attention to the launch playlist for H5, I’ll have to go take a look at them. But a standard FFA and Doubles playlist should be there at launch.

> 2533274805497312;6:
> > 2533274794648158;4:
> > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> >
> > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
>
>
> Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
>
> You start small, then build out.

Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?

> 2535418746530735;3:
> team doubles, teams snipers, lone wolves, Swot,
>
> Look how long it took 342 to put things like this on HMCC
>
> Even then they could not fit it all on

You trolling?

> 2535418746530735;1:
> As a game When you have small playlists
>
> Look at halo 3 playlists and game types on the 360 you could pick from
>
> None of that on this
>
> Game has gone backwards since halo 3 for online play

You really cannot compare final playlist options to launch playlists.

> 2533274794648158;8:
> Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?

While I do agree with you that they should include as many playlists early on to filter out the unpopular ones, I think the line of thought is that people primarily latch onto the new modes at first just to try them out which falsifies the results.

> 2533274805497312;6:
> > 2533274794648158;4:
> > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> >
> > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
>
>
> Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
>
> You start small, then build out.

Problem with that logic is the fact that as you get farther away from launch you have less and less people playing the game so by releasing more and more playlists as your population gets smaller and smaller… Do you see where I’m going with this?

> 2533274794648158;8:
> > 2533274805497312;6:
> > > 2533274794648158;4:
> > > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> > >
> > > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
> >
> >
> > Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
> >
> > You start small, then build out.
>
>
> Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?

I just explained it. Having a variety of playlists when the population is unstable provides really worthless information. The population is largest, but most unstable at launch, so there’s no way of knowing if your data will hold as the population normalizes.

Once the population settles to it’s base state, player tendencies start to normalize too. That’s when you get reliable information.

> 2533274801176260;11:
> > 2533274794648158;8:
> > Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?
>
>
> While I do agree with you that they should include as many playlists early on to filter out the unpopular ones, I think the line of thought is that people primarily latch onto the new modes at first just to try them out which falsifies the results.

That’s the point, though. People will try out a new playlist whether it be at launch or 6 months from launch. You see which playlists have a consistent following and make a decision to keep or scrap it. What better time to do that than launch?

> 2533274805497312;13:
> > 2533274794648158;8:
> > > 2533274805497312;6:
> > > > 2533274794648158;4:
> > > > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> > > >
> > > > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
> > >
> > >
> > > Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
> > >
> > > You start small, then build out.
> >
> >
> > Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?
>
>
> I just explained it. Having a variety of playlists when the population is unstable provides really worthless information. The population is largest, but most unstable at launch, so there’s no way of knowing if your data will hold as the population normalizes.
>
> Once the population settles to it’s base state, player tendencies start to normalize too. That’s when you get reliable information.

Problem is 343i usually waits too late to add the new playlists. See my earlier post ^

> 2533274819939761;12:
> > 2533274805497312;6:
> > > 2533274794648158;4:
> > > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> > >
> > > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
> >
> >
> > Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
> >
> > You start small, then build out.
>
>
> Problem with that logic is the fact that as you get farther away from launch you have less and less people playing the game so by releasing more and more playlists as your population gets smaller and smaller… Do you see where I’m going with this?

And that’s why you don’t just constantly add playlists. Keep the very popular ones, put the less popular ones on a rotation, and cull the poor performers. Then you hope your game stabilizes to a constant population that’s healthy enough to support your desired number of playlists.

> 2533274794648158;4:
> It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
>
> Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.

I’m sure that 343, under the umbrella of MS, with departments full of professionals in the realm statistical analysis and consumer feedback know what they’re doing.

Wouldn’t it be safer to assume that Joe Forumposter might not be as well-versed on this topic as these professionals who studied it and are now employed by one of the worlds largest tech-companies?

> 2533274819939761;15:
> > 2533274805497312;13:
> > > 2533274794648158;8:
> > > > 2533274805497312;6:
> > > > > 2533274794648158;4:
> > > > > It’s 343 logic. They want to condense the launch playlists even though they have the largest data pool at launch. What they should do is test as many playlists as possible right off the bat and gradually get rid of the less popular ones.
> > > > >
> > > > > Instead they do it backwards, which doesn’t make a lick of sense. Launch playlists isn’t a hard concept to grasp IMO.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Actually, pretty sure you’re viewing it backwards. Have you ever launched anything before? What you’re referring to is called over-extension. Having a large number of various playlists at launch leads to very unreliable information. What you call the largest data pool, the people making decisions refer to as an unstable data pool.
> > > >
> > > > You start small, then build out.
> > >
> > >
> > > Never have, but I still don’t see the logic. What makes it unstable? Why wait until the population dies down to test out the popularity of a playlist?
> >
> >
> > I just explained it. Having a variety of playlists when the population is unstable provides really worthless information. The population is largest, but most unstable at launch, so there’s no way of knowing if your data will hold as the population normalizes.
> >
> > Once the population settles to it’s base state, player tendencies start to normalize too. That’s when you get reliable information.
>
>
> Problem is 343i usually waits too late to add the new playlists. See my earlier post ^

MCC =/= Halo 5. Implementing playlists in a game where you have to include maps and gametypes from multiple games is nowhere near the same as implementing a playlist in a game that was built from the ground up to work the way they want.

And some of the playlists mentioned upthread have never been launch playlists anyways, even with Bungie, so I don’t get the issue.

i respectfully disagree.

What about griffball snickerdoodle?? D= what if they don’t include it in halo 5? What if the grav hammer is taken out?