YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH MAP TO PLAY

SELECT MAPS BY VOTING

ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH

> 2535466371856261;1:
> SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
>
> ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH

Is this a theory?

> 2535415525919240;2:
> > 2535466371856261;1:
> > SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
> >
> > ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH
>
> Is this a theory?

Sounds more like a nightmare to me.

Map Voting and no penalties for quitting/AFKing in Social Playlists??

> 2533274850869596;3:
> > 2535415525919240;2:
> > > 2535466371856261;1:
> > > SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
> > >
> > > ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH
> >
> > Is this a theory?
>
> Sounds more like a nightmare to me.
>
> Map Voting and no penalties for quitting/AFKing in Social Playlists??

I’d be fine with voting but a strict banhammer needs to be implemented lol

Definitely a hard pass on voting. There’s enough community feedback and tech support that if there are maps the community is really against, they can dial it back in the rotation. Overwatch has done this. There are a couple maps that are rarely in social games and they don’t show up at all in ranked.

Also, the only way there shouldn’t be a penalty in social games for quitters is if the game backfills. Being stuck 2v4 for 75% of a match is the worst version of Halo.

> 2533274794309036;5:
> Definitely a hard pass on voting. There’s enough community feedback and tech support that if there are maps the community is really against, they can dial it back in the rotation. Overwatch has done this. There are a couple maps that are rarely in social games and they don’t show up at all in ranked.
>
> Also, the only way there shouldn’t be a penalty in social games for quitters is if the game backfills. Being stuck 2v4 for 75% of a match is the worst version of Halo.

I’d append “If the game’s an utter lost cause” to that as well. Where it’s very clear one team’s locked down the win (4 - 0 CTF, 60 to 1 Big Team, etc)

But it’d have to be a massively lopsided game or as you pointed out, having most of your team down, for it to give you a pass. That or just give us a Surrender option for non-Competitive playlists. Though with bots now coming in to replace quitting/booted players in Social, that won’t be as big of a problem.

Yep. Some sort of mercy rule would be great. It’s just as bad being 4 v 2 as it is being 2 v 4.

You could have a different threshold for different games and different player numbers.

And a huge no to the map votes. Or even vetoes. Just have a map rating system and use an algorithm to promote more popular maps.

> 2533274850869596;6:
> > 2533274794309036;5:
> > Definitely a hard pass on voting. There’s enough community feedback and tech support that if there are maps the community is really against, they can dial it back in the rotation. Overwatch has done this. There are a couple maps that are rarely in social games and they don’t show up at all in ranked.
> >
> > Also, the only way there shouldn’t be a penalty in social games for quitters is if the game backfills. Being stuck 2v4 for 75% of a match is the worst version of Halo.
>
> I’d append “If the game’s an utter lost cause” to that as well. Where it’s very clear one team’s locked down the win (4 - 0 CTF, 60 to 1 Big Team, etc)
>
> But it’d have to be a massively lopsided game or as you pointed out, having most of your team down, for it to give you a pass. That or just give us a Surrender option for non-Competitive playlists. Though with bots now coming in to replace quitting/booted players in Social, that won’t be as big of a problem.

Bots are only for the training aspects of the game and custom games. They won’t be in our normal matches, not even stand ins. You can read it on one of the updates they put out. Unless they changed it.

I hope voting doesn’t return, but I would be okay with a map blacklist feature where players can select up to a certain number of maps (let’s start with 2 for example) that they do not want to matchmake on.

HARD pass on map voting. Adjusted weighting every now and then to give less played maps more time to shine? Absolutely.

That, or a veto system similar to Halo 3’s.

MATUROSE - Please make sure to turn off your caps lock when posting in future, thanks :slight_smile:

Penalty for all those who quit and AFK no matter the playlist. Not a fan of map voting

I’m against map voting as in the past and other game it lead to a far reduce map variance which can ultimately be frustrating if the map you like isn’t as popular. As for not having a ban hammer, this is a terrible idea. There’s already a major problem with people leaving in halo 5 despite the ban hammer and this leaves to terrible games for both the winning and losing team, so the ban hammer should remain although i agree a mercy option would be an excellent addition to implement. I’m fed up staying in an 8 v 1 BTB game for 10 minutes because one person refuses to leave.

> 2535415525919240;4:
> > 2533274850869596;3:
> > > 2535415525919240;2:
> > > > 2535466371856261;1:
> > > > SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
> > > >
> > > > ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH
> > >
> > > Is this a theory?
> >
> > Sounds more like a nightmare to me.
> >
> > Map Voting and no penalties for quitting/AFKing in Social Playlists??
>
> I’d be fine with voting but a strict banhammer needs to be implemented lol

No banhammer. I’m tired of me or my friends being banned from match making just because mcc crashes or fails to join the game for whatever reason. We don’t need that in infinite. I’d rather have an approach from lol or the old resistance series on ps3, if you search for a match made game and leave/dc - you can’t search for a new matchmade game until that one is done but you can rejoin the game you left. If you get betrayal booted - then maybe banhammer for a bit - or just get rid of team damage.

Though since infinite is going to have f2p multiplayer, anytime someone is banned or barred from searching, they are just going to switch accounts. The people who get random d/c probably won’t bother switching, but the griefers and toxic people will.

> 2533274833311664;14:
> > 2535415525919240;4:
> > > 2533274850869596;3:
> > > > 2535415525919240;2:
> > > > > 2535466371856261;1:
> > > > > SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
> > > > >
> > > > > ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH
> > > >
> > > > Is this a theory?
> > >
> > > Sounds more like a nightmare to me.
> > >
> > > Map Voting and no penalties for quitting/AFKing in Social Playlists??
> >
> > I’d be fine with voting but a strict banhammer needs to be implemented lol
>
> No banhammer. I’m tired of me or my friends being banned from match making just because mcc crashes or fails to join the game for whatever reason. We don’t need that in infinite. I’d rather have an approach from lol or the old resistance series on ps3, if you search for a match made game and leave/dc - you can’t search for a new matchmade game until that one is done but you can rejoin the game you left. If you get betrayal booted - then maybe banhammer for a bit - or just get rid of team damage.
>
> Though since infinite is going to have f2p multiplayer, anytime someone is banned or barred from searching, they are just going to switch accounts. The people who get random d/c probably won’t bother switching, but the griefers and toxic people will.

Most of the time when people quit a game it’s usually because they are down. Then other people quit because they’re down a player. Idk what other workaround they can use for it to save those that get disconnected as people can also just unplug their routers and say they got “disconnected”. If there’s not a banhammer, people will quit games religiously and that’ll be toxic for our game.

The Veto system they introduced to Halo 3 was a really good system, so if it’s anything along the lines of this or similar it should be a good system. I just feel like there has to be some form of map veto, or vote in order to limit repetitive gameplay.

\

> 2533274842046585;8:
> > 2533274850869596;6:
> > > 2533274794309036;5:
> > > Definitely a hard pass on voting. There’s enough community feedback and tech support that if there are maps the community is really against, they can dial it back in the rotation. Overwatch has done this. There are a couple maps that are rarely in social games and they don’t show up at all in ranked.
> > >
> > > Also, the only way there shouldn’t be a penalty in social games for quitters is if the game backfills. Being stuck 2v4 for 75% of a match is the worst version of Halo.
> >
> > I’d append “If the game’s an utter lost cause” to that as well. Where it’s very clear one team’s locked down the win (4 - 0 CTF, 60 to 1 Big Team, etc)
> >
> > But it’d have to be a massively lopsided game or as you pointed out, having most of your team down, for it to give you a pass. That or just give us a Surrender option for non-Competitive playlists. Though with bots now coming in to replace quitting/booted players in Social, that won’t be as big of a problem.
>
> Bots are only for the training aspects of the game and custom games. They won’t be in our normal matches, not even stand ins. You can read it on one of the updates they put out. Unless they changed it.

Yeah I read it, though the “Bots will replace quitting players” part wasn’t made inherently clear on that note - and it seems other people feel the same given it’s been mentioned from time to time.

> 2535415525919240;15:
> > 2533274833311664;14:
> > > 2535415525919240;4:
> > > > 2533274850869596;3:
> > > > > 2535415525919240;2:
> > > > > > 2535466371856261;1:
> > > > > > SELECT MAPS BY VOTING
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ALSO THAT THE PENALTIES ARE ONLY IN COMPETITIVE VARIANTS, NOT IN CASUAL MATCH
> > > > >
> > > > > Is this a theory?
> > > >
> > > > Sounds more like a nightmare to me.
> > > >
> > > > Map Voting and no penalties for quitting/AFKing in Social Playlists??
> > >
> > > I’d be fine with voting but a strict banhammer needs to be implemented lol
> >
> > No banhammer. I’m tired of me or my friends being banned from match making just because mcc crashes or fails to join the game for whatever reason. We don’t need that in infinite. I’d rather have an approach from lol or the old resistance series on ps3, if you search for a match made game and leave/dc - you can’t search for a new matchmade game until that one is done but you can rejoin the game you left. If you get betrayal booted - then maybe banhammer for a bit - or just get rid of team damage.
> >
> > Though since infinite is going to have f2p multiplayer, anytime someone is banned or barred from searching, they are just going to switch accounts. The people who get random d/c probably won’t bother switching, but the griefers and toxic people will.
>
> Most of the time when people quit a game it’s usually because they are down. Then other people quit because they’re down a player. Idk what other workaround they can use for it to save those that get disconnected as people can also just unplug their routers and say they got “disconnected”. If there’s not a banhammer, people will quit games religiously and that’ll be toxic for our game.

But since it’s free to play, banhammer isn’t going to matter to those you actually want to punish in those situations, just the people who do get d/c or halo crashes.