You call this a tournament?

You call this tournament legit? You have an auto join system, where I can join a game where Im losing by 20 kills, and no have no time to win… and then on top of that, I just had a game, where it was 3v3 and the other team (WHICH WAS WINNING) got another team mate.

This is limited and it’s a sad excuse for a tournament.

It’s not based on wins. It’s based on your individual points.

It is based on Wins. It says it in the blog post.

Dude… I’m sorry to tell you this, but unless you dedicate your life to the game throughout the course of the tournament, you’re not going to win.

There are groups of roommates who have planned schedules to play on one account non-stop (trading off) to ensure that the account receives a constant amount of points.

There are teams of 4 running most hours of the day every day.

Unless you can do something of that nature, just play for fun. Go buy a lotto ticket. Your chances will be higher.

Correct me if I’m wrong, there’s actually players out there who had played spartan ops 50000+ times yesterday? Or is it based on your scores?

It is a joke of a tournament, having a “Tournament” based on how much TIME you can put in the game is just a freaking joke.

Seriously should’ve been setup like Reachs Arena mode. But I guess not

> Correct me if I’m wrong, there’s actually players out there who had played spartan ops 50000+ times yesterday? Or is it based on your scores?

No, you’re definitely correct- on the Spartan Ops Leaderboard, the top ranked players have “Games ~52k.”

Also, for the War Games Leaderboard- they said it was based on Wins, but there definitely has to be more to it than that. I have only 3 less Wins than my friend does, my K/D Ratio across all games played since the “tournament” started is WAY higher than his, and yet here are our scores on the Leaderboard:

Me: 305
Him: 1255

How does that even make sense? How does a few more Wins, and averaging a lower placing and K/D ratio than me give him a score that’s 4x mine?

The scoring is probably just as messed up as the Challenges are- a few days ago, I was chasing an enemy while playing on Haven, and the notification for “Get 15 Kills with an Automatic Loadout Weapon” came up and said I had 13/15, even though I hadn’t used one all game, so I switched to an AR, got 2 kills, and completed it. Then last night, I was using a Pistol to try and complete the “Get 15 Kills with a Secondary Weapon” Challenge, I ended the game with only 13 kills, maybe 7 or 8 of them were with a Secondary Weapon, and I successfully completed the Challenge. Uhhh what???

So yeah- I’d be willing to bet this thing is screwed up already as it is. I hope the better players don’t get screwed because of this, or 343i will see the biggest backlash on Halo 4 yet.

You kids all sound butthurt over stupid crap. It’s a tournament whether you like it or not. Don’t like it then don’t play it.

> You kids all sound butthurt over stupid crap. It’s a tournament whether you like it or not. Don’t like it then don’t play it.

Most tournaments I’ve ever experienced revolve around players ascending through the ranks based on their skill. This is more of a marathon, where players are basically just trying to prove who is the bigger no-life.

> You kids all sound butthurt over stupid crap. It’s a tournament whether you like it or not. Don’t like it then don’t play it.

And you sound like a person that posted specifically to put other people down. The tournament is the only way to play Infinity Slayer right now, so the casual players who want to just have fun, and not get destroyed every game, have no choice but to take their chances and hope they don’t get paired up against the large number of skilled players who entered the tournament, but normally wouldn’t play Infinity Slayer at all. Personally I’m glad I have a better chance to get matched up with/against players better than me.

Anyways, I’m not tearing about my ranking, I’m just pointing out that the system being used for scoring/ranking in this event might be flawed. I could care less where I’m ranked; I don’t plan on playing enough to try to win a prize. However, since I noticed something that might be affecting, or could alter, the results of the event, I think I should speak up. As I stated before, I’m bringing this up in the hopes that, if there is currently a problem, then 343i will be able to identify it and sort it out, so that the people who ARE making the effort to win a big prize don’t get screwed over.

Not everyone feels they’re owed and/or entitled to something.

It’s not based on wins… It’s based on individual score. I’m in the top 10 atm and I’ve been playing a line and losing a lot due to bad teamwork.

Stop complaining and play,if not you’ve already lost.

Oh and spartan ops lead boards can’t be right it’s not possible to get that many wins in 24 hours.

guys dont freak out, they say they took scores from 12/18/12 at 18:45pm, well, its wrong, because its 15:33 pm right now.

Mine says “Games - 1310” and I haven’t played that many. More like…5. So I am guessing that is just some sort of points measurement.

> It is based on Wins. It says it in the blog post.

Ah, so we will have teams artificially ending the game to make them win just to get ahead?

I had a couple games yesterday where we would get matched up and when the game started it just inexplicably ended, and it showed the enemy team winning.

> It’s not based on wins… It’s based on individual score. I’m in the top 10 atm and I’ve been playing a line and losing a lot due to bad teamwork.
>
> Stop complaining and play,if not you’ve already lost.

Being based on individual score makes a lot more sense (and congrats on being Rank #9 at the time of the first Leaderboard update!) But even that doesn’t explain the gap between my friend’s score and my score. The only thing I can think of, is that maybe the stats for the Leaderboard were pulled around 10-11pm CST last night, as I played almost all of my games after that. EDIT - it looks like this is EXACTLY what happened. I played only two games right after the tournament started, and didn’t play again until 11:15pm CST last night. Not only that, but my scores from those two games add up to 305 points (I had a bad game on Adrift, and then got completely obliterated on Complex,) which is the exact same number as my score on the Leaderboard.

That said, this is what I (believe I) figured out:

• Stats for the Leaderboard Updates were pulled around 11pm CST, even though the updated Ranks/Scores were not available for viewing until later in the night.

• Even though the Leaderboard will say “Last Updated…” with a time and date, this is inaccurate (as of 11:05pm CST on 12/18/12, my score does not reflect any games played in the past 24 hours.) According to the official rules, the Leaderboards will only be updated every 24 hours.
  • Your War Games score is the combined total of all of your scores from games played, as previously mentioned by Kheims.

• In a few rare instances that I checked, a few players scores were off by 10-30 points or so; the reason is unknown.)
  • Whether you Win or Lose does NOT factor into your score (I can’t speak to what was or wasn’t said previously by 343i, Microsoft, or -Yoink!- Games, but as of right now, Wins and Losses are not affecting scores on the Leaderboard.)

Hope that helps!

Can you imagine the amount of crap the winner is gonna get fired at him on these forums once he’s announced? lol

You’re still expecting fair competition out of Halo 4?

From -Yoink!- Gaming Support ticket:
"In regards to your other questions. Scoring for War Games is calculated on Kills/Assists and any game mode specific actions you take (Capturing a flag or holding onto an oddball to win). In Spartan Ops players receive one point for every time they complete a chapter with-in the “Find Game” match making mode. Players can repeat Chapters as much as they want.

We hope to have the leaderboards active very soon so please check back in a day or so.

Regards,
Daniel"
With this said, still not sure if other game modes count towards Challenge, I would ask but already pestered the guy with lots of questions over the course of 2 days.
Currently tier 1 #418, been having -Yoink- wi-fi connection all day -_-

This tournament is about no lifeing whatever playlist the challenge is in. The more you play the more points you get the higher you go on the LB. It’s really stupid if you ask me… but you won’t… so it’s whatever.

DMR, Boltshot, and trying extremely hard is all you see in that playlist. It’s hilarious.