You are a Disgrace to this Game!

That’s it! I’m tired of being betrayed for the weapon I’m holding and not being able to do a -Yoink!- thing about it!I know 343i apparently “upgraded” their system of knowing if it was an accidental betrayal or not, but it is still as bad as Reach’s.

I’m at the point where every betrayal is an instaboot! I am more frustrated with these people betraying for a weapon more that I am frustrated with me being booted if I accidently ran over a teammate with a Ghost! I’d rather be booted all the time than not being allowed to boot at all!

Just today, playing Dominion, I am holding Rockets and a Sniper on Charlie on the Map Exile. I’m running a solid defense not letting anyone capture it. Hell, every time I play, no one takes the weapons at Charlie anyway, so that’s why I hold the power weapons. But there is not a DAMN reason that you should betray me for my weapons. Sure, I may not be capturing bases, but it says, “Capture and HOLD bases to win” I’f I’m running D and we are winning, leave me alone.

You people who betray for weapons or just for the hell of it are a DISGRACE to this game! You don’t deserve to play it!

What? They are just trying to work on their power weapon commendations. What did you expect from a progression system that rewards being a -Yoink- bag more than winning?

The thing is you can’t betray them back because then it counts as on purpose so they kick you. It’s worse when you are in a vechile or it’s you ordnance.

343i needs to fix this. It happened all the time in Reach and it has carried over to 4. Yes, I should be hoarding the power weapons, but for pitty’s sake, no one grabs the weapons on Charlie and if they do, they usually loose them in a fire fight!

But they betrayed on purpose and I couldn’t boot them!

people that betray for weapons are just little babies

i swear, the heavy from Team Fortress 2 is the best man to describe these little kids

I certainly feel your pain MSniperX.

I joined a game of slayer about a week ago where three teammates were beating up a fellow spartan who was piloting our Mantis. I could see our opponents slowing making their way toward our base as the other members of my team continued to duke it out behind me.

I tried to hold off the attackers, but was quickly overwelmed. Worst was I’m pretty sure we lost everyone AND the Mantis that they were fighting over, giving the other team 5 “kills” and a bunch of points.

=d

> What? They are just trying to work on their power weapon commendations. What did you expect from a progression system that rewards being a -Yoink!- bag more than winning?

Eh I’ve been killed in previous halos for power weapons before. This is nothing new.

uggh, your getting betrayed eh? This is what I do, and, it usually works.

go onto your xbox profile thing (guide button > setting > profile > edit profile), there should be a thing that I think is called “rep” it’ll give you some options like:

Pro
Family
underground
etc

if your rep is set at pro, that is what most 10 year olds set it to that so people will think they are MLG, they are usually the people that betray.

Or if your rep is set at “family” that is probably another reason, since usually people who have their rep set to family, usually have kids that play on the xbox, which are the annoying squeakers who betray too.

what I’m getting at is set your rep to underground, then when you play, you usually only play with people that aren’t MLG, and aren’t kids

I’ve had halo 4 since it came out, and no joke, I’ve only encountered an annoying kid once, and I’ve never been betrayed (other than accidental betrayals)

> uggh, your getting betrayed eh? This is what I do, and, it usually works.
>
> go onto your xbox profile thing (guide button > setting > profile > edit profile), there should be a thing that I think is called “rep” it’ll give you some options like:
>
> Pro
> Family
> underground
> etc
>
> if your rep is set at pro, that is what most 10 year olds set it to that so people will think they are MLG, they are usually the people that betray.
>
> Or if your rep is set at “family” that is probably another reason, since usually people who have their rep set to family, usually have kids that play on the xbox, which are the annoying squeakers who betray too.
>
> what I’m getting at is set your rep to underground, then when you play, you usually only play with people that aren’t MLG, and aren’t kids
>
> I’ve had halo 4 since it came out, and no joke, I’ve only encountered an annoying kid once, and I’ve never been betrayed (other than accidental betrayals)

If this is true and it actually works then we need to keep it a secret somehow.

> > uggh, your getting betrayed eh? This is what I do, and, it usually works.
> >
> > go onto your xbox profile thing (guide button > setting > profile > edit profile), there should be a thing that I think is called “rep” it’ll give you some options like:
> >
> > Pro
> > Family
> > underground
> > etc
> >
> > if your rep is set at pro, that is what most 10 year olds set it to that so people will think they are MLG, they are usually the people that betray.
> >
> > Or if your rep is set at “family” that is probably another reason, since usually people who have their rep set to family, usually have kids that play on the xbox, which are the annoying squeakers who betray too.
> >
> > what I’m getting at is set your rep to underground, then when you play, you usually only play with people that aren’t MLG, and aren’t kids
> >
> > I’ve had halo 4 since it came out, and no joke, I’ve only encountered an annoying kid once, and I’ve never been betrayed (other than accidental betrayals)
>
> If this is true and it actually works then we need to keep it a secret somehow.

Shhhhhh! Delete the post from the forum!!

> > uggh, your getting betrayed eh? This is what I do, and, it usually works.
> >
> > go onto your xbox profile thing (guide button > setting > profile > edit profile), there should be a thing that I think is called “rep” it’ll give you some options like:
> >
> > Pro
> > Family
> > underground
> > etc
> >
> > if your rep is set at pro, that is what most 10 year olds set it to that so people will think they are MLG, they are usually the people that betray.
> >
> > Or if your rep is set at “family” that is probably another reason, since usually people who have their rep set to family, usually have kids that play on the xbox, which are the annoying squeakers who betray too.
> >
> > what I’m getting at is set your rep to underground, then when you play, you usually only play with people that aren’t MLG, and aren’t kids
> >
> > I’ve had halo 4 since it came out, and no joke, I’ve only encountered an annoying kid once, and I’ve never been betrayed (other than accidental betrayals)
>
> If this is true and it actually works then we need to keep it a secret somehow.

“Recreation” works just as well.

> uggh, your getting betrayed eh? This is what I do, and, it usually works.
>
> go onto your xbox profile thing (guide button > setting > profile > edit profile), there should be a thing that I think is called “rep” it’ll give you some options like:
>
> Pro
> Family
> underground
> etc
>
> if your rep is set at pro, that is what most 10 year olds set it to that so people will think they are MLG, they are usually the people that betray.
>
> Or if your rep is set at “family” that is probably another reason, since usually people who have their rep set to family, usually have kids that play on the xbox, which are the annoying squeakers who betray too.
>
> what I’m getting at is set your rep to underground, then when you play, you usually only play with people that aren’t MLG, and aren’t kids
>
> I’ve had halo 4 since it came out, and no joke, I’ve only encountered an annoying kid once, and I’ve never been betrayed (other than accidental betrayals)

Cool. Have you noticed any difference in the time it takes for you to get joined to a game?

My thought was maybe trying to find a large enough group of active friends on Xbox Live. Basically we start a match as a MS Live Party (8 people max) so we are always on the same team together and we can communicate together if we have microphones. If we max out our side, then we don’t need to worry about any unwanted behavior from teammates.

It may be tough at times to coordinate getting everyone online at the same time, but with a large enough base of “trusted” friends, I sure it could be done.

=d

> What? They are just trying to work on their power weapon commendations. What did you expect from a progression system that rewards being a -Yoink!- bag more than winning?

I have to give 343i credit, though. There is only so much you can do with regards to the betrayal system. Three betrayals in a row or occasional betrayals over a period of games is the best way to determine if someone is intentionally ruining the game for others.

You CANNOT prove that one betrayal was intentional unless you are in the game, as well.

343i only did a handful of tasks right. Tuning the betrayal system is one of them, IMO.

P.S. Betrayals are only amusing when they are perpetrated against your friends with their consent. Custom games and post-games are best.

Commendations and challenges have caused betrayals to increase. We don’t need them, get rid of them.

> > What? They are just trying to work on their power weapon commendations. What did you expect from a progression system that rewards being a -Yoink!- bag more than winning?
>
> Eh I’ve been killed in previous halos for power weapons before. This is nothing new.

He’s right, people jus betray just because they feel like it. It’s been in every halo game, not just 343’s Halo 4.

Maybe it should only be a betrayal when you betray the same person more than once.

> Commendations and challenges have caused betrayals to increase. We don’t need them, get rid of them.

LOL what? Where do you get your information? You just tried to state a fact of which you have nothing to back up, only by personal experience.

> > > What? They are just trying to work on their power weapon commendations. What did you expect from a progression system that rewards being a -Yoink!- bag more than winning?
> >
> > Eh I’ve been killed in previous halos for power weapons before. This is nothing new.
>
> He’s right, people jus betray just because they feel like it. It’s been in every halo game, not just 343’s Halo 4.

It began happening more frequently in reach, though.

> Commendations and challenges have caused betrayals to increase. We don’t need them, get rid of them.

That is an ignorant generalization with no statistical evidence for support.

Challenges and commendations give players a reason to keep playing. They are the only two reasons why I continue to play.

If people betray enough, they will get booted. Plain and simple, trust me.

I, too, am getting upset at the frequency with which I encounter team killers. What bothers me most is when I get in a vehicle before anyone else and because I beat them to it my own teammates emp blast (the tank) so it doesn’t even count as a betrayal…it flat out ruins the entire experience when you run across them game after game (I avoid every player that does it and to no avail). Don’t even get me started on ordnance drops that appear NO WHERE NEAR where I’m aiming and then my teammates just steal them… sigh