Yoinking In Halo 4

Every night before I go to bed I pray to every god and idol ever known to mankind that in Halo 4 Yoinking your teammates will not be rewarded with a medal and extra credits/spartan points. Anyone else agree??

Good plan, but how’s about we just remove your teammate’s ability to kill the person you’re assassinating instead?

Best. Plan. Ever.

Although that won’t ever happen, I do agree people shouldn’t get anything for it.

Or… How about they make a “Jack***” medal when you do it and you LOSE Spartan points?

> Good plan, but how’s about we just remove your teammate’s ability to kill the person you’re assassinating instead?
>
> Best. Plan. Ever.
>
>
> Although that won’t ever happen, I do agree people shouldn’t get anything for it.
>
>
> Or… How about they make a “Jack***” medal when you do it and you LOSE Spartan points?

I like your last suggestion the most. For a long time I’ve thought that the poor soul who got yoinked should be rewarded with a medal of some sort. Something like “Robbed”. If there were a way to make the person being assassinated invulnerable to death outside of the assassination then obviously that would be the best thing to do, but I don’t think they can do that

I voted yes by mistake…oops! You’re idea is great! I love it!

Seeing as to how Friendly Fire is Halo 4, I don’t believe their will be any yoinking…UNLESS this is customizable only. Yes We’ve had the ability to have friendly fire on/off in Halo 3 and Halo:REACH before but with the ability to jump in a match when you want or quit in Halo 4 I seriously doubt that we will be able to get yoink unless, again, it’s a customizable option.

For instance, With that ability to join games in multiplayer in Halo 4, Say someone betrays you for a weapon, it would be pointless to boot them if they could just get back in. Unless the option to boot completely removes the player from the game.

Anyway, with all the Halo 4 multiplayer footage being released as of late, it shouldn’t be hard for any of you to find evidence if you desire it so. Anyway I saw the video footage of a guy that had rockets, shoot his team mate in the back and it didnt kill him…this lead me to believe that there is friendly fire in Slayer/Team Slayer/Infinity Slayer this time around.

That to me is a blessing. No more betrayals by the Babies in Halo anymore just because they want the Power Weapons or Their fave vehicle. Ridiculous if you ask me. Yet, when it comes to Betraying I’m kind of biased about my opinion simply for the fact that team killing adds a more ‘realistic’ approach to the awesome multiplayer of Halo.

i say if you yonk a teammate, you get spartan points/XP taken away. But again, All I want is Halo to be a game where you just need to prove your skill. Just like MLG.

[deleted]

Simple. Take out the yoinking medal. Keep in the ability to yoink. I think without the medal, fewer people will do it. However, making it cinematic so that nobody can kill the assassinated player also means the assassinating player probably couldn’t be killed during it either, meaning the assassinated player’s teammates couldn’t save him.

Just keep it how it is and take out the medal.

If we just quit being butt hurt over the kill then this argument is dead.

> If we just quit being butt hurt over the kill then this argument is dead.

If we just quit using limited and immature terms like “Butt hurt” then the community is a better place.

> You might want to edit your poll/post. You say “Does anyone else agree?” but you have to vote ‘no’ on the poll to agree with you. It could cause some confusion.

Good observation. I noticed all of the votes for yes and I was a little alarmed

Yoinking should be removed!!! or atleast the medal, and the kill should be given to the person assasinating everytime unless a showstopper is performed!

> Good plan, but how’s about we just remove your teammate’s ability to kill the person you’re assassinating instead?
>
> Best. Plan. Ever.
>
>
> Although that won’t ever happen, I do agree people shouldn’t get anything for it.
>
>
> Or… How about they make a “Jack***” medal when you do it and you LOSE Spartan points?

Agreed, they should at least change the name to something more fitting, because 9 times out of 10, when they yoink, they are being troll-like.

I rarely yoink, myself. But a lot of people yoink me. Sometimes, my friends and I yoink each other, just for laughs. However, I will never yoink a random player I just met.

(They really need to change the name if it IS to return.)

But in all seriousness, I didn’t really like it.

It can’t be that hard to make an enemy unyoinkable (It’s a word now) and still have you the player killable. I mean gears does this with the executions.