Yoink! Medal confirmed?

Recently watched this gameplay video from Gamespot. Watch it between 3:07 and 3:11

ATTENTION: ONLY VIEW THE VIDEO FROM THE RANGE I SPECIFIED IF YOU DON’T WANT TO VIEW CAMPAIGN SPOLIERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

As you can see, the guys starts to assassinate and then it is cut short and nothing else happens. Does this mean that assassinations can be Yoinked! in Halo 4?

If it is still in, my betrayal count will be high…

Yoinkers Beware!

> If it is still in, my betrayal count will be high…
>
>
> Yoinkers Beware!

Haha, that probably goes for me as well.

If an assassination is possible, it is possible to Yoink the kill. As for the medal, I’m unsure if it has or hasn’t. Personally, I would hope 343 did not include it.

Im a yoinker@!

> If an assassination is possible, it is possible to Yoink the kill. As for the medal, I’m unsure if it has or hasn’t. Personally, I would hope 343 did not include it.

I was really hoping that people couldn’t steal the kill in the first place but I guess it’s not all that bad, I just hate it when you see a guy to easily kill and someone else takes it just like that.

Why are acting so surprised/shocked over this? It’s not like we had any reason whatsoever to not expect it’s return.

I don’t mind it’s return, Assassinations are and should always be a risky move. This doesn’t mean I condone Yoinking anymore than I condone double-melee kills, but I am an adult and I do realize that there are things you cannot change and that you shouldn’t opt to change them either because other people may enjoy them.

If it’s back, it needs to stay in Rumble Pit and Multi Team where it belongs. having it in a 2 team gametype is just asking for trouble…

I hope its back I love that fin medal. minute I see some start an assassination Im hammering my shoot button for the YOINK

> Why are acting so surprised/shocked over this? It’s not like we had any reason whatsoever to not expect it’s return.
>
> I don’t mind it’s return, Assassinations are and should always be a risky move. This doesn’t mean I condone Yoinking anymore than I condone double-melee kills, but I am an adult and I do realize that there are things you cannot change and that you shouldn’t opt to change them either because other people may enjoy them.

I’m not acting surprised at all, it’s just something I thought I would point out because it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet and a few others posted something asking if it was there or not. As someone else already said on here, if there are assassinations in the game, yoinks are likely to be there too.

Not so phased about it, figured it’d stay, what I’m really worried about is how some assassinations just…stop.

I’ve noticed it twice now, someone starts it but then they just stop, and the would-be assassin is usually quickly overwhelmed.

This is what I’d like clarification to…

Yeah…Im so happy. Prepared to get YOINKED!!!

> If it is still in, my betrayal count will be high…
>
>
> Yoinkers Beware!

Good Luck with that. People who betray me, i nail them right back.

Yes it is.

Prepared to get -Yoinked!-, OP!!! >:D

> Yes it is.
>
> Prepared to get -Yoinked!-, OP!!! >:D

lol, oh yea. Can’t wait for that.

Of course it’s in, did you ever have a reason to expect otherwise?

Also, you really should put spoiler tags in the OP, this is campaign footage after all.

> Of course it’s in, did you ever have a reason to expect otherwise?
>
> Also, you really should put spoiler tags in the OP, this is <mark>campaign footage after all</mark>.

Thanks for telling me. Didn’t click out of fear xD

But yoinking is a much greater fear. I end up backsmacking everyone I see.
Except when I ninja people; it feels so beast I feel it deserves the execution.

> > Of course it’s in, did you ever have a reason to expect otherwise?
> >
> > Also, you really should put spoiler tags in the OP, this is <mark>campaign footage after all</mark>.
>
> Thanks for telling me. Didn’t click out of fear xD
>
> But yoinking is a much greater fear. I end up backsmacking everyone I see.
> Except when I ninja people; it feels so beast I feel it deserves the execution.

No problem.
The short section he described is actually from MP but it runs straight into more campaign footage. I thought it’d be nice to warn those who don’t want to see any campaign footage (one member claimed they still haven’t seen the Prometheans yet).

> No problem.
> The short section he described is actually from MP but it runs straight into more campaign footage. I thought it’d be nice to warn those who don’t want to see any campaign footage (one member claimed they still <mark>haven’t seen the Prometheans yet</mark>).

But they show them on the front page of Waypoint pretty frequently O.O

What did the Multiplayer show? Like, what map/gametype?

> > No problem.
> > The short section he described is actually from MP but it runs straight into more campaign footage. I thought it’d be nice to warn those who don’t want to see any campaign footage (one member claimed they still <mark>haven’t seen the Prometheans yet</mark>).
>
> But they show them on the front page of Waypoint pretty frequently O.O
>
> What did the Multiplayer show? Like, what map/gametype?

I know, right? (s)he must be extremely vigilant!

Infinity Slayer/CTF on Solace mostly, it’s showing off the Promethean weapons.