Yoink medal but there is showstopper, why?

Can anyone explain, was it so people who wanted there slow and stupid assassination medal instead of the reliable backsmack got their kill robbed less?

bungie made that medal.

Bungie made Halo, 343 still made an effort to carry that on

> Can anyone explain, was it so people who wanted there slow and stupid assassination medal instead of the reliable backsmack got their kill robbed less?

Actually,a Showstopper medal is awarded to say, for example, a Blue Player killing the Red Player assassinating another Blue Player. You are awarded the medal for saving your team mates life!

On the other hand, a Yoink is when say a Blue Player kills a Red Player that is being assassinated by another Blue Player. In this case, you are stealing a kill from a team mate.

I never liked the Yoink medal and was happy to see it go.

The yoink medal was effin hilarious when playing in a big party though…

I miss the “Yoink” medal. Everytime i heard it in Reach, i would always crack up b/c i can only imagine how the player who tried to get the assassination, would react.

> > Can anyone explain, was it so people who wanted there slow and stupid assassination medal instead of the reliable backsmack got their kill robbed less?
>
> Actually,a Showstopper medal is awarded to say, for example, a Blue Player killing the Red Player assassinating another Blue Player. You are awarded the medal for saving your team mates life!
>
> On the other hand, a Yoink is when say a Blue Player kills a Red Player that is being assassinated by another Blue Player. In this case, you are stealing a kill from a team mate.
>
> I never liked the Yoink medal and was happy to see it go.

Why was you glad to see it go?

The Yoink! medal was the only funny thing that you could do in Halo that makes people mad that isn’t stupid.

> Why was you glad to see it go?

Because it promoted being a -Yoink- to your teammates. I’ve never understood why messing with the people on your own team is supposed to be fun anyway. I always had a personal policy to not watch that player’s back anymore if they did it to me.

That said, the Yoink medal could have been kept around for free-for-all game modes. There’s no loyalty to be had in a Lone Wolves/Rumble Pit setting, so it’s fair game to kill the assassin or the victim. It just never had a place in team modes by my standard.

Oh the ol yoink…how I miss hearing it and immediately afterwards some kid raging into his mic…“sigh” good times.