YOINK! fellow halo wars veterans think about hw2?

^^^ yep basically just the title. i want some thoughts from the hardcore fans of the original.

my thoughts- i am a huge halo wars fan and have been playing on and off since launch like 7 years ago. I love RTS’s in general but halo wars is special to me and its one my main console multiplayer games. When halo wars became backwards compatible i immediately jumped on to get my fix and to prep for a sequel . My hype for halo wars 2 has only grown since the teaser trailer last year. It had been a long time since i had been so hyped for a sequel of a game. So i finally got the chance to play the game i have been waiting years to play and now all that’s left is severe disappointment. I am actually somewhat depressed about this.

so i want to get more opinions from the halo wars community about hw2. My halo wars buddies (collected quite a few over the years) views mimic mine and we all think the sequel is taking the series in the wrong direction. my friends that are not fans of the original think the beta is forgettable and the graphics are -Yoink-. myabe if the wars community feels the same as me then we can actually make our voices be heard and get the game we want.

The game everybody wants is a different game mate. You can find equal amount of threads here claiming Halo Wars has changed to much, or it has changed too little. RTS fans want free base building, while others want to keep it confined. Lots of players say that this beta isn’t Halo Wars, but after a few matches this is Halo Wars. It feels the same with subtle differences that impact the way the game works. Nobody here can agree on anything, because there are way too many different kinds of fans, all wanting their own input to be heard.

What is it that makes you disappointed in the beta exactly? Aside from it not being the full game.

> 2533274797179801;1:
> …
> …
>
> so i want to get more opinions from the halo wars community about hw2. My halo wars buddies (collected quite a few over the years) views mimic mine and we all think the sequel is taking the mini franchise in the wrong direction. my friends that are not fans of the original think the beta is forgettable and the graphics are -Yoink-. myabe if the wars community feels the same as me then we can actually make our voices be heard and get the game we want.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the opinion of your buddies. If you or they aren’t RTS fans, it’s no surprise that they won’t care for Halo Wars or the HW2 beta.

Graphics for an RTS will never have the same fidelity as an FPS because an RTS has so much more going on on-screen with the sheer number of units interacting, the physics, and the effects. FPS can scale its visuals at various distances as necessary. RTS cannot (due to it’s viewpoint). Not to mention that this is a beta, and not anywhere near release yet.

The more I play the beta, the more I like it. It’s not perfect and needs some tweaking, but I do like the direction it’s taking. It’s not the direction I foresaw, but I like it regardless. It will take some getting use to, and it is definitely more complex than the original. That can be a good thing.

The beta feels rough, but I think it’s heading in the right direction. It just needs some polish and some tweaks.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> The game everybody wants is a different game mate. You can find equal amount of threads here claiming Halo Wars has changed to much, or it has changed too little. RTS fans want free base building, while others want to keep it confined. Lots of players say that this beta isn’t Halo Wars, but after a few matches this is Halo Wars. It feels the same with subtle differences that impact the way the game works. Nobody here can agree on anything, because there are way too many different kinds of fans, all wanting their own input to be heard.
>
> What is it that makes you disappointed in the beta exactly? Aside from it not being the full game.

wow! people have different opinions . i never knew that… its not like i am specifically asking for other halo wars fans opinions in the thread title to see if there views are similar to mine.

most halo wars fans i have talked to have a similar ideal on what they want in a sequel. take the halo wars 1 base and built on to it. similar approach that other rts franchise have taken (warcraft and starcraft). i havent seen anybody say its too similar and if they do think that they are probably not fans to begin with. however, what i have seen browsing the sticky beta feedback threads is a overwhelming majority users here dislike the beta.

I just made a Thread, explaining exactly what you just asked. haha didn’t see your post ^.^

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/hw2-beta-insight-from-an-rts-veteran/3d43517c-27ae-480f-8353-a5540d0d6629/posts