Yohnet nickname

So, one thing about the races of the Covenant is that they all have human nicknames. In fact, most of them were introduced by their nickname first, with their species name becoming known in supplemental works. However, the Yohnet are introduced with their native name being the one known first. Does anyone wonder what their nickname will be?

Green People.

thingymajigs

Fishmen.

Silly Costumes.

I’d like to think their nickname would be something along the lines of “Seekers”, because of their natural skill at sniffing out Forerunner relics. I’d imagine the reason the humans haven’t given them nicknames as their species had been in hiding during the war, therefor not many humans would of have made contact with the Yohnet.

Scouts?

Cheap.

Seriously though, they probably won’t get one. The other species received names when their only contact with humanity came in the form of explosions and burning planets. Their true names are becoming more common, so I doubt humanity will feel the need to create a new designation.

> 2533274848539555;8:
> Seriously though, they probably won’t get one. The other species received names when their only contact with humanity came in the form of explosions and burning planets. Their true names are becoming more common, so I doubt humanity will feel the need to create a new designation.

Pretty much this. Why is there no thank button anymore?

Probably something like “seeker”. I doubt they will have one at all thought. because you have to keep in mind most of the covenants nicknames were developed by soldiers in wartime.

> 2533274964189700;9:
> > 2533274848539555;8:
> > Seriously though, they probably won’t get one. The other species received names when their only contact with humanity came in the form of explosions and burning planets. Their true names are becoming more common, so I doubt humanity will feel the need to create a new designation.
>
>
> Pretty much this. Why is there no thank button anymore?

They replaced it with the “Like” button. I assume to be more in line with other websites.

> 2533274848539555;8:
> Cheap.
>
> Seriously though, they probably won’t get one. The other species received names when their only contact with humanity came in the form of explosions and burning planets. Their true names are becoming more common, so I doubt humanity will feel the need to create a new designation.

This makes more sense, considering in Nightfall there was a peace treaty (to some extent) between the Covenant and Humans. I doubt the Sangheili would take being called “Elites” lightly. Same with the Unggoy being dubbed “grunts”. Sounds like a form of slang.

An ONI agent calls the Yohnet they’re stalking a “fish” doesn’t he? I know that’s like calling Brutes “apes” but it might be all we get as far as that goes.

I would assume it would have something to do with their behavioural nature… like ‘smugglers’? But a derogatory word could be “fish lips” or “gill breather”… as some humans are known to be xenophobe and somewhat racist.

So the Covenant is made up of Elites, Brutes, Grunts, Jackals, Skirmishers, Hunters, Prophets, Drones and Smugglers