(Yo Dog) Adding Ads to Our Ads

I downloaded the newest version of Waypoint for Xbox today so I could watch that new ad for Halo 4 on my big screen. Then, before it played the ad, it tried to show me an ad! I’m okay with downloading an entire app just for ads for Halo, but I am not willing to watch other ads for the right to watch Halo ads.

It’s really bizarre to me how much Microsoft takes its customer base for granted. New consoles are coming out in a couple years and it’s these little things that remind me why I’m not a loyal customer.

(Sorry if this is old news, long complained about and forgotten; I hadn’t launched Waypoint for Xbox in a little while.)

That money goes to better and bigger things, I wouldn’t complain.

Lies for the weak, beacons for the deluded haha.

Yanno, if MS wants to generate some revenue, fine. But if there is an advertisement playing on waypoint and I want to back out and go play a game instead of watching an advertisement, and the back button is DISABLED until the ad is done playing…that pisses me off. being a captive audience is one thing, being a CAPTURED audience is an entirely different thing. What yoink bag decided to disable the back button to FORCE people to watch the whole advertisement?

> That money goes to better and bigger things, I wouldn’t complain.

This isn’t some indie company trying to raise funds for their next project. This is Microsoft and one of the largest entertainment IPs in the world.

The day waypoint ads come to my country, im probably finished with waypoint on xbox. Im a paying customer, i wont be made to sit through advertising.

Its is absolutely inappropriate. Are they gonna throw banner ads up all over this website too?

HA HA HA, oh wow!

Nice one, Microsoft.

> > That money goes to better and bigger things, I wouldn’t complain.
>
> This isn’t some indie company trying to raise funds for their next project. This is Microsoft and one of the largest entertainment IPs in the world.

Remind me who 343 Industries are partnered with, then make the same reply.

> > That money goes to better and bigger things, I wouldn’t complain.
>
> This isn’t some indie company trying to raise funds for their next project. This is Microsoft and one of the largest entertainment IPs in the world.

I hear you on that…

PeacE
ShadEO9