YO! does anyone respect COMPETITIVE players Around Here?

If you are immature or lack respect for your fellow Halo fans you need not reply.

Competitive Halo Players
There are two main types of competitive Halo players, ones with respect and the ones without.

Everybody has met the sort of player who likes to brag about their kills, trash talk call you a bad player, ect. Whatever you do don’t think all competitive players are like this. The good ones of us are not. Honest.

Good competitive players are always respectful they don’t trash talk, hell we even give constructive criticism, yet many members of the community don’t respect us or our opinions.

In reality we are a large percentage of the most competitive Halo fans and players. We play the game day in day out some of us play Halo near exclusively.

We have a different opinion
Generally as competitive players we like consistent gameplay where you start off on a level playing field, two teams enter the better one wins. This runs through map controller and constant practice to increase our skill.

Competitive players cannot play a game which is catered for casual players.
Casual players can still play a game catered to competitive player. or so it’s argued.

Anyone can be a competitive player
Hell you may think competitive is not for you, fair enough, this week I took over four of my long time casual Halo playing buddys and introduced them to the good side of competitive Halo and they loved it.

Don’t believe me add me and find out.

Respect is by far the most important change for Halo 4
At the end of the day, We are all on the same side, the best route forward is not shunning peoples opinions because of their playstyle but discussing and politely and constructively criticizing.

We need to stop the petty turf wars over who wants what and band together for the good of the game we all have come to love and enjoy.

There is always one
Someone is bound to shun my thoughts below with a comment, it’s reality. I don’t hope to achieve much with this thread. Yet if just one person is enlightened then I will be happy.

If you agree with me and think we should all get along drop a comment and spread the word.

WE ARE ALL HALO FANS, COMPETITIVE AND CASUAL TOGETHER.

so…are you saying with Friendship…there is Magic?

Hear Hear

The majority of Halo players may not be “MLG”, but I’m sure that a huge percentage of the Halo fanbase are competitive players.

Just look at how popular ranked was in Halo 3. It was nearly half the population.

The only reason why people think terribly like this about the competitive community is highly comprised of the trash talking, t-bagging stereo type. I do appreciate the people who play competitivly and talk about highs and lows in the match.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The only reason why people think terribly like this about the competitive community is highly comprised of the trash talking, t-bagging stereo type. I do appreciate the people who play competitivly and talk about highs and lows in the match, rather than telling me to Suck a bag of D’s and that they slept with my mother.

>

There is not a person on earth that likes players who act like that.

They hate because they’re scared.

They’re scared of matching us in matchmaking and getting stomped on.

Even if we say good game at the end or not even bother saying anything they will still hate us. It’s just natural.

>

Im mediocre at halo, but i like the fact that i can play a balanced game that i might be able to do okay in. I love the Mlg playlist in reach, i just hate the Stereotype.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This forum is full of Casuals and Staff Captains…-_-

I don’t respect anyone unless they give me a reason to.

IDGAF if you’re ‘competitive’ or not.

I respect the “competitive players” as much as I respect MLG. I can’t take them seriously. Games were designed to have fun, not to get all life-and-death over. I don’t care as long as they have respect for other players; same thing for those who F— around. If they actually play the game how it was intended and don’t go too overkill or lack thereof, then I am fine.

I think competitive players are fine except for those that think Casual players should have no say in a game. People who think the game itself should be shaped around competitive players only, which would suck. I like halo first for the universe and second for the multiplayer. I want to see cool things, new items, as long as there is balance. People who are shouting no to loadouts and all this stuff don’t realize that what they want has its own separate playlist since Halo 3. There will be an MLG playlist for Halo 4, and I’m sure they’ll remove whatever problems there are in the game that dont transition over into competitive matches. Players who are competitive for a game are usually nice, but when it comes to dictating what the game IS then it gets annoying

> If you are immature or lack respect for your fellow Halo fans you need not reply.
>
> Competitive Halo Players
> There are two main types of competitive Halo players, ones with respect and the ones without.
>
> Everybody has met the sort of player who likes to brag about their kills, trash talk call you a bad player, ect. Whatever you do don’t think all competitive players are like this. The good ones of us are not. Honest.
>
> Good competitive players are always respectful they don’t trash talk, hell we even give constructive criticism, yet many members of the community don’t respect us or our opinions.
>
> In reality we are a large percentage of the most competitive Halo fans and players. We play the game day in day out some of us play Halo near exclusively.
>
> We have a different opinion
> Generally as competitive players we like consistent gameplay where you start off on a level playing field, two teams enter the better one wins. This runs through map controller and constant practice to increase our skill.
>
> Competitive players cannot play a game which is catered for casual players.
> Casual players can still play a game catered to competitive player. or so it’s argued.
>
> Anyone can be a competitive player
> Hell you may think competitive is not for you, fair enough, this week I took over four of my long time casual Halo playing buddys and introduced them to the good side of competitive Halo and they loved it.
>
> Don’t believe me add me and find out.
>
> Respect is by far the most important change for Halo 4
> At the end of the day, We are all on the same side, the best route forward is not shunning peoples opinions because of their playstyle but discussing and politely and constructively criticizing.
>
> We need to stop the petty turf wars over who wants what and band together for the good of the game we all have come to love and enjoy.
>
> There is always one
> Someone is bound to shun my thoughts below with a comment, it’s reality. I don’t hope to achieve much with this thread. Yet if just one person is enlightened then I will be happy.
>
> If you agree with me and think we should all get along drop a comment and spread the word.
>
> WE ARE ALL HALO FANS, COMPETITIVE AND CASUAL TOGETHER.

Aye, kinsmen, We must stopeth all of this bickering amongst thine bretheren, and stand as one!

>

Those aren’t the competitive community, those are the idiots who are barely making their living OR little kids.

Sorry competitive players are the minority. If you want proof go look at the H3 population metrics.

> They hate because they’re scared.
>
> They’re scared of matching us in matchmaking and getting stomped on.
>
> Even if we say good game at the end or not even bother saying anything they will still hate us. It’s just natural.

1. Nobody is scared of you, don’t delude yourself.

2. I have never heard anyone on the winning team say, “good game” after my team lost.

3. I don’t hate all Competitive gamers, but I’ve yet to meet one who doesn’t throw insults and vulgarities at me for losing by two points.

Halo 2 and early Halo 3…Everybody said Good game!

> > They hate because they’re scared.
> >
> > They’re scared of matching us in matchmaking and getting stomped on.
> >
> > Even if we say good game at the end or not even bother saying anything they will still hate us. It’s just natural.
>
> 1. Nobody is scared of you, don’t delude yourself.
>
> 2. I have never heard anyone on the winning team say, “good game” after my team lost.
>
> 3. I don’t hate all Competitive gamers, but I’ve yet to meet one who doesn’t throw insults and vulgarities at me for losing by two points.

Deny it all you want, it’s human nature.

The team I play with either say nothing at all or good game. It’s always the other team that starts the trash talking.

You obviously haven’t met any real competitive players than.

Tryhards =/= Competitive players.

> Sorry competitive players are the minority. If you want proof go look at the H3 population metrics.

Actually Halo’s game statistics do not accurately map the Halo populations play preference.

To be honest on release there is really a third type of player. The sort of player who buys the game and plays it for a short period before reverting to their game of choice.

Between the long time fans it’s roughly 50:50,

Anyway it does not matter if they are the minority or the majority. We still have a opinion and a right to express it. It’s thinking like this that leads to all sort of discrimination.

Yup