yet to finish the fight - Halo 3 PC

As a veteran gamer i have played most fps games on PC since the original Wolfenstein and duke nukem.I enjoyed some more than others,some were brilliant,some were plain bad and rushed.But one series in particular remained in my mind.Now,the first Halo on PC,Combat Evolved,was and still is a great,neat,well done and fun to play fps game.It still has a large multyplayer comunity and a heck of a modding comunity(dont believe me,look at this: http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/449-release-cmt-spv3-the-truth-and-reconciliation/ ).

Then,a couple of years later,came Halo 2 Vista,wich i still own in limited edition.Now,the game itself othough not as icebreaking as the first was very well thought out.The story was good,characters were constructed verry well…but…the 2 main reasons it was shoned by the comunity was that it was only available for Windows Vista,and it was a relatively poor straight out port of the console version.Besides some better textures and directx 10 option (wich didnt really made to much of a diference) it didnt maximise the potential PC’s offered.

I hear that the reason Microsoft hasnt considered a port of Halo 3 was the low sales of Halo 2.Correct me if im wrong but how is that the consumers fault.HiredGun were the ones who made the port,and it was Microsofts decision to release it for Vista only.But instead of taking a hit and assuming their guilt,Microsoft thought it would be better to just let the PC comunity slowly die out,when they could have learned from the mistakes and make a proper port for Halo 3 (not to talk about ODST or Reach).

In the past few years there have been numerous forums and discussions on this topic,where people were shouting and asking for halo 3 PC.
Though the PC has yet to finish the fight.

So my next question is directed at Microsoft:why are you keeping us in the dark.With a new Halo game on the way,shouldnt it be time to relaunch the series on PC? You have been braging this year that you wish to revemp the existing PC comunities…well… you sure arent going to do that with another Flight Simulator.

Another thing i would like to clear out for all you xbox 360 fanboys,my PC rig is about 2 years old,bought from an IT store for around 300-400 dollars,and it can still run Crisis on medium graphics with an average frame rate of 35.So no,we would not need an alienware PC to play Halo 3.

I doubt Halo 3 will ever be on the PC. It’s an Xbox exclusive. Sorry. :\

so was Halo 1,2 Gears of War and others.

I completely agree with you, Sparky337. You have summarized in a few lines what had to be said. You have all my support.
PC gamers have got a right to finish the fight with Halo 3.

Take a look at this topic too: https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst41891_The-Unofficial-Halo-3-PC-Thread.aspx

thanks for supporting and i saw your tread awhile back and agree with it,though at this point i’d be settled with an updated pc version (a Custom Edition for halo 3 would be abso-blody-lutly brilliant)

@Op: You do know that Bungie handled H2 PC right? It also is not a bad port, almost every detail is the same and HCE PC was by Gearbox. In my opinion if more gamers bought and played H2PC, H3 PC (custom I hope) might hit PC shelves. I’d love it if gearbox did it again, then added it fully into Windows Live. I would buy me a copy right now if that existed, as long as they keep it updated and patched.

Also, while a PC of today would not have a problem running H3, its a matter of 343 or Gearbox/other company updating it to utilize the new GPU’s potential on newer OS’s and hardware. At which I dont think we should worry.

I just want DLC maps and a better/updated forge mode for H3PC. Also if the oh so mighty Publisher Microsoft did publish a new Halo 3 for GFWL on W7/W8. I think that they would pick up sales with H2 PC, why is that? because alot of gamers like to play in sequence most of the time w/a new game on the rise. I know I do.

not exactly,i agree with you on pretty much everything except that it was HiredGun (a studio owned at that time by Microsoft i think) that handled the porting of the console version of halo 2 to pc.Yes,it was still Bungie that developed the game,but they had little to do with the porting,Hired Gun did an amaturish job at best…

I believe that every game should have been ported to the PC long ago. All those PC players that play other FPS games simply don’t know what they’re missing. Halo is godly in any form, and Halo 3 more than any other, seemed like it’d be more at home on a PC than a console.

completely agreed

Halo 3 should be released on PC. I can’t think of a better way to launch Halo 4 and sell more Xbox’s. Everybody gets to finish the first trilogy, Once they are hooked again they may buy an Xbox, if they don’t already have one, to play Halo 4.

indeed,not a bad viewpoint,if it were not for the damn controller and price/quality i might have considered buying an xbox

BuMp?

bump again?

100 % Release Day Buy. Perhaps a Halo Combo (Reach / 3) ODST is not really need. Pls make a PC-Version.

> so was Halo 1,2 Gears of War and others.

And the reason you will never get Halo 3 and all newer Halo games is simple:

1: Pirates are fu******* up the industry by downloading games, and not paying devs the money for their work.

2: By keeping Halo 3 on the Xbox, people will be forced to buy the console in order to play the game. (Marketing stragegy)

It’s that simple.

And you might as well just face it, Halo from now on is XBOX only.

> bump again?

And dude… Quit bumping or the post gets locked.

Really, it aint allowed.

why not get a 360? The game is amazing for the xbox. There are still a ton playing it and it’s the best game for the 360 in my opinion.

> bump again?

Please do not bump threads, especially your own.

bumping may not be allowed but it does get attention ;]
on topic,pirating isnt such a big factor,yes you can find most pc games on torrents,but then again so you can fnd xbox 360 games on torrents.+ if you have a modded Xbox,you can play any pirated game on it,including multyplayer,something that you cant do on a pc

at the end of the day,xbox games get pirated to,so it makes no difference

and if they wont release the game for pc,then ill just have to wait for an emulator i guess

> why not get a 360? The game is amazing for the xbox. There are still a ton playing it and it’s the best game for the 360 in my opinion.

> And the reason you will never get Halo 3 and all newer Halo games is simple:
>
> 1: Pirates are fu******* up the industry by downloading games, and not paying devs the money for their work.
>
> 2: By keeping Halo 3 on the Xbox, people will be forced to buy the console in order to play the game. (Marketing stragegy)
>
> It’s that simple.
>
> And you might as well just face it, Halo from now on is XBOX only.