Yet another Boltshot thread.

So, I’m a huge fan of the Boltshot. Or, rather, I was, before this recent TU. The Boltshot now seems to work as a glorified Plasma Pistol (and even less effective there). My gripes are a bit different; why did this nerfing happen? A weapon that’s as “overpowered” as the Boltshot would naturally be infuriating to play against… if you couldn’t spawn with it yourself. Oddly enough though, you possess that option.

In my opinion, the Boltshot obviously took skill, timing and a bit of precision to use, and using it effectively would get you the kills you needed. The fact that you can even headshot with it is even better (a little trick, if you will). Why did it require a nerf… if everyone can spawn with it? What was the line from The Incredibles? “If everyone’s super, then no one will be?” I think that quote applies in this case: everyone can spawn with a Boltshot (unless you were below SR17 or something, but you don’t get to really complain about it at that point anyways), so why is it “overpowered?”

I get it; it’s a OHKO at close range, which should be reserved for Shotguns, Swords, and Hammers, which are power weapons (and can only be obtained through Ordnance, etc etc). You could even argue that it promotes camping or something. But having a Shotgun you can spawn with means that you possess the ability to dislodge an enemy camping with a CQC weapon, or anyone assassination camping or whatever.

Why was there so much outrage to nerf a gun that took skill to use? Half the people in the damn game use Stickies and Plasmas anyways (because no one seems to understand the concept of team DMRing a vehicle, which is a very easy indicator of impatience and single-mindedness), and another chunk seem to use Firepower so they can carry an AR (which is the REAL OP gun. I don’t think an AR should beat a SAW at close range, IMO), but the AR isn’t even the gripe of this rant.

Can someone please tell me, in practical, non-butthurt reasons why the Boltshot NEEDED a nerf which potentially cripples the weapon to the point of it getting replaced with a Pistol (or, if you’re feeling pathetic, Plasma Pistol)? I want an actual reason, not “I’m sick of people just running around a corner and Boltshotting me!”

P.S. Is martyrdom a perk in this game? I only ask because whenever, and I mean WHENEVER I kill someone at close range, they also seem to drop a Sticky that lands on my body. Like, this is almost a regular occurrence, and I’m wondering if martyrdom from MW2 is a perk in this one. I know in Reach it was with Frags, but in this one, is it the same but with Stickies?

> So, I’m a huge fan of the Boltshot. Or, rather, I was, before this recent TU. The Boltshot now seems to work as a glorified Plasma Pistol (and even less effective there). My gripes are a bit different; why did this nerfing happen? A weapon that’s as “overpowered” as the Boltshot would naturally be infuriating to play against… if you couldn’t spawn with it yourself. Oddly enough though, you possess that option.
>
> <mark>In my opinion, the Boltshot obviously took skill</mark>, timing and a bit of precision to use, and using it effectively would get you the kills you needed. The fact that you can even headshot with it is even better (a little trick, if you will). Why did it require a nerf… if everyone can spawn with it? What was the line from The Incredibles? “If everyone’s super, then no one will be?” I think that quote applies in this case: everyone can spawn with a Boltshot (unless you were below SR17 or something, but you don’t get to really complain about it at that point anyways), so why is it “overpowered?”

I stopped reading about here.

Because the boltshot should be used as a secondary weapon like the pistol and the PP, not for you to use it as a primary where you pull it out whenever you’re in close range combat and 1 shot people.

/thread

All I know is there is going to be alot less raging for me in multiplayer from now on.

I have a practical question for you. Are you alone and going it solo( that means no back up from random teammates) when you play and rely on the Boltshot?

> In my opinion, the Boltshot obviously took skill.

Not sure if serious…

> Can someone please tell me, in practical, non-butthurt reasons why the Boltshot NEEDED a nerf which potentially cripples the weapon to the point of it getting replaced with a Pistol (or, if you’re feeling pathetic, Plasma Pistol)? I want an actual reason, not “I’m sick of people just running around a corner and Boltshotting me!”

because it had more range than the shotgun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaVrBryxj0

Cause of the range it has beatign guns like the scattershot and such, wich are POWER WEAPONS.

So you are tellign me you see nothign wrong on ahvign a weapon off spawn that is more powerfull thant a POWER WEAPON inside its own niche?

I threw up in my mouth when I read the OP. “The boltshot isn’t OP because you can spawn with it too”…

You shouldn’t be forced to choose a certain weapon because it is better than the other secondaries.

You want three reasons? Like you asked?

1. The Boltshot was better than the other secondaries.
  2. It was better than CQC PRIMARY Power Weapons
  3. It broke the balance of CQC.

In my opinion, you probably relied on the Boltshot for many of your kills. I understand it makes you angry that they nerfed it, because it hinders your style of play. But the fact is that your style of play ruins the game in many ways and causes more anger than joy. That is why they made the fix.

One last thing - They really didn’t nerf it that bad. IMO it is still overpowered.

It’s barely been nerfed. What are you complaining about? It’s instant kill range is still futher than Sword lunge range.

Yawning

Obviously the OP has not been reading the thousands of threads that have been created about this topic. :=/

> All I know is there is going to be alot less raging for me in multiplayer from now on.

Can you please stop following what you think is the cool crowd?

Out of the entire time you have played total in online MM, which is 2 day and 9 hours, you have only seen the Boltshot 33 times. THAT’S IT!

Stop acting like you see this weapon every other death.

I dont know, only 216 of my deaths are from the BT from a total of 9076.

I’m also a fan of the boltshot, OP. I use it with my carbine-thruster pack combo.

On the other hand, I approve of it’s nerf. It’s range was too effective, IMO.

But I wouldn’t mind it’s previous range, since it kept the automatic users away from me.

> I’m also a fan of the boltshot, OP. I use it with my carbine-thruster pack combo.
>
> On the other hand, approve of it’s nerf. It’s range was too effective, IMO.
>
> <mark>But I wouldn’t mind it’s previous range, since it kept the automatic users away from me.</mark>

And that’s exactly why it was OP. You could cover all ranges by having a precision with the Boltshot secondary. It completely negated automatic weapons.

It’s been nerfed?!! HURRAY!! Yeah that thing was OP. Ridiculous range for a OSK.

I am glad that it has been nerfed. Now there is a lot less usage of that fiendish weapon.

> I am glad that it has been nerfed. Now there is a lot less usage of that fiendish weapon.

LMAO!

But you hardly ever saw it. Stop exaggerating.

seriously?

> I threw up in my mouth when I read the OP. “The boltshot isn’t OP because you can spawn with it too”…
>
> You shouldn’t be forced to choose a certain weapon because it is better than the other secondaries.
>
> You want three reasons? Like you asked?
>
> 1) The Boltshot was better than the other secondaries.
> 2) It was better than CQC PRIMARY Power Weapons
> 3) It broke the balance of CQC.
>
> In my opinion, you probably relied on the Boltshot for many of your kills. I understand it makes you angry that they nerfed it, because it hinders your style of play. But the fact is that your style of play ruins the game in many ways and causes more anger than joy. That is why they made the fix.
>
> One last thing - They really didn’t nerf it that bad. IMO it is still overpowered.

This is the first legitimate thing I’ve read. However, I’ve got some counter points obviously:

My style of play relies heavily on the DMR (which is my most used weapon, obviously; I haven’t even completed the Boltshot commendation, and I’m finding it much harder now to do so). I’m also a very team oriented person. The Boltshot just provided me some useful protection from people who sprint and double melee, from people who use the AR at close range (or other automatic weapons which take 0 skill), or from people who just camp.

I dunno. I’ve just got sour grapes I guess because since the TU, I’ve literally dropped my Boltshot blast into someone’s gut at arm’s length and they only lost their shields. The gun was good, and everyone had an equal chance of using it. Of course it’s better than the Plasma Pistol; the only people who use that gun are people who are so deathly afraid of vehicles that they have to overcharge then sticky, or are people who actually think noob combo is still a viable option. The Magnum is, in my opinion, only used by people who don’t feel confident in their gun skills with their primary. It’s got less range than every other precision weapon, so it really has no practical use, IMO.

Boltshot is being nerfed kkthxbye