YES/NO: Team Object takes more skill than slayer

Please explain your choice, thanks in advance.

I would say no.

I would you need a team that communicates and works together more than skill if im honest.

How do define skill? It takes more coordination if that’s how you’re defining it.

It’s all about who you’re playing against really and not the game itself. I’ve played games where all I’ve had to is walk in the base take the flag and straight back to mine without a problem and team slayer games where I’ve been wrecked and vice versa.

> 2533274802695090;2:
> I would say no.
>
> I would you need a team that communicates and works together more than skill if im honest.

Technically that is a skill. So by your own statement, yes objective does take more skill. You have to plan, coordinate, and come up with strategies much more in objective than in slayer.

I think that its depends on the game mode as controlling the weapon spawns in some slayer games can be just as hard as holding the capture points in stronghold. But to even define skill then compare them with other game modes is wrong as they require different things.

Both gametypes take communication, but you can solo carry a slayer game. While you could solo carry an objective based gametype, it would be a lot harder because you usually have to defend or capture something, as well as get kills to grab the objective safely. It can be a hard task to accomplish solo.

Maybe skill isn’t the right word, instead let’s change the word to chemistry! Where as skill in an individual doesn’t admire teamwork and each play on the team could have skill but depending on what I’ll call Chemistry, that seems more like the make it or break it factor to team OBJ games!

> 2535412395556822;3:
> How do define skill? It takes more coordination if that’s how you’re defining it.

Idk, off the top of my head:

• coordination
  • communication
  • precision aiming
  • adaptability
  • situational awareness
  • predictability

Objective definitely requires 4v4. Whereas in Slayer you can win 3v4 if you get control of power weapons and map. In Objective its basically impossible if the teams are evenly matched. I would also say its hard to win in Objective if you don’t have 4 teammates communicating. At Higher Levels; Slayer can turn in to a standoff and the games drag unless it’s not on the smaller BR only maps. like midship, warlock and amplified.

I would say certain objective gametypes are harder than slayer; Neutral Bomb and Oddball are harder. I would say CTF and King are same difficulty as Slayer.

Play Starsiege Tribes and ask again…

Not more, just different. There is a reason the pro teams usually have 1 guy who is the “slayer” and 1-2 who are the objective guys and maybe a really good support player. Everyone on their teams are great, but have different strengths.