Yes, I'm bringing up sprint again...

Yes…back to that old sprint debate again.

There are those who hate the idea and those who like it. I had a few reservations about it, but don’t see it as a huge game changer. Now, however after watching the newest gameplay in the Frank O’Conner interview, any worries I had have been put to rest.

The thing I hated about sprint in Reach is that it’s so fast compared to base movement speed that it just helps your enemy run away from a fight too quickly which was extremely annoying. If you watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ldzZCZYa4d8#! at 0:24 we see a spartan sprinting to a man cannon and after landing from the jump he starts strafing around.

It appears from this footage if you pay attention that sprint truly is just a slight boost in speed. I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.

What do you guys think?

-NUT

> I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.

I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.

> > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
>
> I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.

I see what you’re saying, but they’ve also confirmed that sprint is slowed down greatly when you’re being shot at so if someone tries to sprint and melee, just keep shooting them and you should win…unless we’ve been lied to O_O

> > > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
> >
> > I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.
>
> I see what you’re saying, but they’ve also confirmed that sprint is slowed down greatly when you’re being shot at so if someone tries to sprint and melee, just keep shooting them and you should win…unless we’ve been lied to O_O

Doesn’t matter. Noobs will find a way. -_-

> > > > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
> > >
> > > I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.
> >
> > I see what you’re saying, but they’ve also confirmed that sprint is slowed down greatly when you’re being shot at so if someone tries to sprint and melee, just keep shooting them and you should win…unless we’ve been lied to O_O
>
> Doesn’t matter. Noobs will find a way. -_-

LOL! You’re right there, man. They will always find a way, but hopefully there will be more casual playlists to keep them occupied while we play the ranked ones :stuck_out_tongue:

Has sprint ever been anything more than a boost in speed. Or does running slightly faster somehow ruin map control and lower the skill gap. You know, like everything does.

> Has sprint ever been anything more than a boost in speed. Or does running slightly faster somehow ruin map control and lower the skill gap. You know, like everything does.

Sprint was really damn fast compared to the base movement speed in Reach. The base movement in 4 is a fair bit faster, so I think that makes it a lot more tolerable for some people. I couldn’t care less personally, only AA I used in reach was sprint anyway.

> > > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
> >
> > I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.
>
> I see what you’re saying, but they’ve also confirmed that sprint is slowed down greatly when you’re being shot at so if someone tries to sprint and melee, just keep shooting them and you should win…unless we’ve been lied to O_O

Im exsecpting to be lied to… they lied about everything else so far…

> > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
>
> I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.

If someone is sprinting towards you to do that, melee them, jump back, headshot, problem solved. That, or melee, jump over their head, turn and headshot, problem solved.

> > > > > I am sold now on the argument that it adds to mobility without hindering gameplay.
> > > >
> > > > I think it hinders game-play greatly, but not as much as bloom did in Reach. Sprint + double-derping is the way to go for noobs in Halo 4.
> > >
> > > I see what you’re saying, but they’ve also confirmed that sprint is slowed down greatly when you’re being shot at so if someone tries to sprint and melee, just keep shooting them and you should win…unless we’ve been lied to O_O
> >
> > Doesn’t matter. Noobs will find a way. -_-
>
> LOL! You’re right there, man. They will always find a way, but hopefully there will be more casual playlists to keep them occupied while we play the ranked ones :stuck_out_tongue:

Noobs will ALWAYS find a way. But we still keep playing, no? :wink: One of the thrills of any games are being able to humiliate the noobs who find a way. No double punching now. Camping will be lowered with Promethean Vision.

indifferent. However, i hope they change the BR sound. it sounds like some sort of weapon silenced from COD /: i want it to sound more powerful.

Sprint looks fine in Halo 4 and it didn’t seem to effect game-play negatively, so I have no problem with it, I kind of like how it is.

> If someone is sprinting towards you to do that, melee them, jump back, headshot, problem solved.

Melee lunge is too great for “jumping back” to be effective.

> That, or melee, jump over their head, turn and headshot, problem solved.

Pretty sure they’d just pummel you in mid-air.

I just don’t like how it lets you respond to situations so quickly. In Reach, you could spawn and be back in the same battle you were in in just a couple seconds. It also makes it easier to help out a teamate. I know everybody will have it, but why make the game quicker? I enjoy the pace of H1-H3. It’s nice to get a little bit of time to breathe.

This topic gets the exact same response as people who say “you just got outplayed by someone better than you” to questions about 4sk vs 5sk or questions about the BR.

If someone sprinted back into cover and got away because you couldn’t kill them, spend less time cross-mapping in the corner next to cover and get close enough to finish the fight.

At least you might get an assist, right? It’s really all you deserve for thinking you should be earning kills when you’re parked half behind a wall and tickling Spartans with a DMR from afar.